★ [Rom][N900VVRUBMJE][4.3] Stock Root Deodex [12/23/13]★

Search This thread

shoeless1542

Jul 8, 2008
I'm in baseband MI9, running Beans 3 in Slot 1 of SS. Should I boot back into Stock Rom and take the OTA update, or can I just flash this over my Stock Rom in Safestrap?

vick1377

Jan 4, 2012
Central Jersey
I'm little confused. So I'm on mj7 rooted running beans build 3. So can boot with stock rom and unfreeze all the apps and don't uinstall safe strap and take the latest ota update assuming it works then reroot and install safestrap. Would that work?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added 13th December 2013 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 12th December 2013 at 11:42 PM ----------

I'm in baseband MI9, running Beans 3 in Slot 1 of SS. Should I boot back into Stock Rom and take the OTA update, or can I just flash this over my Stock Rom in Safestrap?

I would like to know too:). I'm in the same boat. In theory it should work I would assume.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

muzhik

Do i need to download the mje tar and modem? Or do i need just the mje tar? If i download the mj7 stock tar file then flash using odin will i be able to download the update via KIES? Trying to figure out which one i need and most importantly which one works with no trouble. I almost flashed the mj7 stock tar file with odin awhile ago but the start button never turned green and i got a bad feeling in my gut so i pulled the plug.

Retail note 3

What I did ==> Odin to MJ7/ take OTA/ Root Kingo / install SS / Flash away

kididaho

Nov 21, 2012
After reading several threads, .all I did was enable survival mode in Super Su (pro version) and turn it off. Took the update (about 4 minutes) turned it back on after update. Done.. both Base and build are now MJE.

Thanks
Props to Beans
And all you devs that make all this possible :good:

Reactions: Frank Westlake

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
DELETED!

Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

wrichards2009

Oct 6, 2010
Is this any better with GPS then the previous iterations??

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
After reading several threads, .all I did was enable survival mode in Super Su (pro version) and turn it off. Took the update (about 4 minutes) turned it back on after update. Done.. both Base and build are now MJE.
Thank you for this and please help me make sure I understand it. I will not use Kingo or Vroot so I am still on the MI9 with the de la Vega root. If I understand you correctly then I should be able to:

1. Enable SuperSu survival mode (turn what off?).
2. Odin the MJ7 base.
3. OTA update MJE.
4. Turn something back on in SuperSu.
5. Install SafeStrap again.

My apology to Beans but I am trying to learn how to use his work without using Kingo or Vroot (read the latest news on Yahoo).

Frank

SGH-I717(AoCP6.4), SM-N900V/MI9(dlV), XDA Premium

bogie03

Dec 30, 2011
tallahassee
New to verion note 3

i was with sprint for years where we didnt have the bootloader locked problem.....my question is i just bought my note 3 4 days ago, the kid when activating it hit the buttin to do the ota, and put me on the mj7 build.....if i had the original version would i need to use the bootstrap method....cause i will take it back and get a diff model saying its messed up or something....but i need to do this ASAP.... so would somebody be kind enough to respond to this please!!!

ty

also if the build before mj7 still needs bootstrao then i gues i will stay with this but what method do you use to ROOT it??

christianpeso

Sep 20, 2007
i was with sprint for years where we didnt have the bootloader locked problem.....my question is i just bought my note 3 4 days ago, the kid when activating it hit the buttin to do the ota, and put me on the mj7 build.....if i had the original version would i need to use the bootstrap method....cause i will take it back and get a diff model saying its messed up or something....but i need to do this ASAP.... so would somebody be kind enough to respond to this please!!!

ty

also if the build before mj7 still needs bootstrao then i gues i will stay with this but what method do you use to ROOT it??

You will always need to use the Safestrap method unless someone comes along and unlocks our bootloader. That goes for the original version our phones were shipped with to the latest update which ends in mje. All versions are able to be rooted via Kingo.

Reactions: bogie03

GoNavyMike

Jul 27, 2009
Saint Marys, Ga. 31558
MJ7...........

You're good. Use Kingo Root. The only problem I had with root on MJ7 was that my Laptop would not stick, I constantly got Root Fail but when I switched to my Desktop it worked. The only difference between them are that my Laptop is a 64 bit system and my Desktop is a 32 bit system.

ty

kididaho

Nov 21, 2012
Thank you for this and please help me make sure I understand it. I will not use Kingo or Vroot so I am still on the MI9 with the de la Vega root. If I understand you correctly then I should be able to:

1. Enable SuperSu survival mode (turn what off?).
2. Odin the MJ7 base.
3. OTA update MJE.
4. Turn something back on in SuperSu.
5. Install SafeStrap again.

My apology to Beans but I am trying to learn how to use his work without using Kingo or Vroot (read the latest news on Yahoo).

Frank

SGH-I717(AoCP6.4), SM-N900V/MI9(dlV), XDA Premium

My apologies for the brief post and play on words.

I was already on MJ7
I have SuperSu Pro (paid version, I like to use SD Maid pro for uninstalling and freezing bloatware. So I need to be rooted.)
I run stock recovery at the moment so just rooted is good for me.
First option in Chainfire's SuperSu Pro is Enable Super user
Second option is survival mode
After I checked survival mode I unchecked the first option enable superuser
It will disable, and under the option it will tell you that it is disabled and hidden.
I left all frozen Verizon apps and Knox apps frozen..
I then downloaded the OTA.
Once it was downloaded all u had to do was go back in SuperSu and check Enable Superuser
It installs again and I was good to go.
I would imagine (I am not positive) that if you had SuperSu Pro installed you should be able to do the same.
Download OTA. probably MJ7
Re enable SuperSu Pro. Reboot. Important. Put SU in Survival mode again and download MJE and re enable SU again reboot and you should be rooted.
My boot shows custom. Device status shows custom but, my Knox is still 0x0. (verified by putting device in Odin Mode)
Good luck, that's all I know for the moment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest JellyBean 4.3 N900VVRUBMJE

Requirements: This Build is Compatible with both the Developer Edition and Retail Verizon Note 3

We Got an OTA Yay!!!

Features:
    Rooted
    insecure boot.img(for DevEditions)
    BusyBox
    Zipaligned
    Deodexed/Odex
    Init.d support
    Bash
    Sqlite3
    Nano
    adb as root(for DevEditions)
    Removed Knox Apks
    SysRW/SysRO

DeOdex Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319198553

md5: e23eb50cf24d16c5acf228ea91ade0c8

Disclaimer: no apks have been edited this is a full stock rom that you would expect to get from verizon minus the knox crap i removed, If You use this as a Base For your rom please give credit where it is due, other than that feel free to use this as u see fit. thanks guys

Thanks to:
    Hashcode- for Safestrap For Retail Note 3's
    Scrosler - for being himself lol
    Dsixda - for the kitchen used to deodex
    ChainFire - for superSU
    KingoApp- for the MJE root method
    Retail: if you are on a retail note3 it is highly recomended to flash the MJE tar then root/install safestrap then install this (that way u have the most current firmware as the kernel and modem changed alot)

Dev Editions: i will have a flashable firmware package up soon
    updated deodex fixs camcorder not recording issues and maybe some other minor issues
    Reserved Just incase