OmniSwitch APK

Search This thread

DrDee

Jul 14, 2010
Christchurch
Just pulled this out of the latest OmniRom.

Quite a nice new approach to an app switcher in sort of a PIE way of doing things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m80nJjZFK0o

Needs to be installed from: system/priv-app (take note it is the priv-app folder!) with permissions corrected to: rw-r--r--

Installed and running on Cyanogenmod nightly but should work on any 4.4.X rom.

**Updated APK to latest from 30-04-2014 Nightly**

Attachments

• OmniSwitch.apk
    662 KB · Views: 5,707
Last edited:

Jonnyredcorn

Nov 7, 2011
Southgate
Awesome! Works great on my nexus 7 trying it on my nexus 5 now. Wonder why they use low quality icons?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dy2592

Oct 11, 2006
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
Thanks for this. One question though, is it just me or are the icons a little fuzzy?

e3aruny7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

amoot329

Dec 23, 2012
I downloaded n installed but it seems to be pulled from an older version. It did not give you the option to disable the drag handle option. I remembered I have the 2/20 nightly version backed up (titanium backup). I restored the app only. It now gives me the option to disable the drag handle. Only issue I have so far, is that when you long press the home button, it still brings up the normal app switcher, not omniswitch. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

cheffy11

Jan 16, 2013
Warwick
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Quite a nice new approach to an app switcher in sort of a PIE way of doing things.

Needs to be installed from: system/priv-app (take note it is the priv-app folder!) with permissions corrected to: rw-r--r--

Can I do this on my phone? Set the permissions? Every time I've tried to its never worked properly???

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

arpit96

Mar 1, 2014
Installed on n7100 running jellykat v4, everything works fine except the inability to kill apps of the switch. Still enjoying it.

HirogenX

Sep 8, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
If you put the apk in the system/priv-app and put the correct permissions , everything works great...kill apps works without issues

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 através de Tapatalk

I tried to push it into system /priv-app but Es file explorer tells me 'permission denied'. I cannot change permission of the apk before pushing, file explorer don't give me this option. What I'm doing wrong?
For the moment I installed the app but gives me fc when I try the kill app button.
I changed it with Titanium Backup into system app but still the same problem, I cannot move it from system /app to system /priv-app :confused:

Last edited:

manfio

Jul 4, 2011
Leiria
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I tried to push it into system /priv-app but Es file explorer tells me 'permission denied'. I cannot change permission of the apk before pushing, file explorer don't give me this option. What I'm doing wrong?
For the moment I installed the app but gives me fc when I try the kill app button.

Im using root explorer and dont have any issues

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 através de Tapatalk

HirogenX

Sep 8, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
well

i dont know what to tell you guys

to me it works without issues :cool:

using root explorer, mount R/W

copy the apk to /priv-app folder

change the permissions to rw-r-r

reboot the device

root explorer apk ofc

Yes, now it works, at least pushing it into the right folder and set the permissions. But kill app still gives me fc of the app..
I'm on carbon rom now, so I have everything in the nav bar and don't need omni switch anymore.

DrDee

Jul 14, 2010
Christchurch
I have updated the APK to the latest version from the 30-04-2014 nightly OmniRom.
Try this one and see if there is still a FC.
If there is I would have to assume that Carbon Rom has had some customisation done that interferes with OmniSwitch and I will add a note to OP.

Reactions: elgar

elgar

Nov 12, 2006
Kharkiv
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
I have updated the APK to the latest version from the 30-04-2014 nightly OmniRom.
If there is I would have to assume that Carbon Rom has had some customisation done that interferes with OmniSwitch and I will add a note to OP.
Tried the new version. For some reason setting the right permissions doesn't work. I set them with root explorer, then reboot. When the app is installed, I turn it on, and it gives me a message that the app can't get the right permissions. Can't understand what I am doing wrong, but it seems me that i do everything right as before.

Reactions: aRosario

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

**Updated APK to latest from 30-04-2014 Nightly**
    Mine crashes trying to close all apps button. Installed in the required folder as mentioned in the install notes but no dice

Tried the new version. For some reason setting the right permissions doesn't work. I set them with root explorer, then reboot. When the app is installed, I turn it on, and it gives me a message that the app can't get the right permissions. Can't understand what I am doing wrong, but it seems me that i do everything right as before.
    Here guys try using the zip in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2700039