[Q] KitKatDS Simcard Unlocking

Search This thread

Conner_Itayi

May 26, 2014
Hey guys,

So I've got KitKatDS on my MT4GS however I need to know how to unlock the phone to use my AT&T simcard, I remember doing something with the terminal to get the unlock code, along with putting a few digits into the phone to get the IMEI number however I don't know what I put in. Along with that, when attempting to search for a network provider the phone tells me that there's a network error. Somewhere on the original thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2551715) there was something about it however I didn't understand exactly how to do it, so if anyone could help out, give some steps that would be great!

Thanks, Conner

Last edited:

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
Hey guys,

So I've got KitKatDS on my MT4GS however I need to know how to unlock the phone to use my AT&T simcard, I remember doing something with the terminal to get the unlock code, along with putting a few digits into the phone to get the IMEI number however I don't know what I put in. Along with that, when attempting to search for a network provider the phone tells me that there's a network error. Somewhere on the original thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2551715) there was something about it however I didn't understand exactly how to do it, so if anyone could help out, give some steps that would be great!

Thanks, Conner

Hi Conner,

This is a bit like what I had. Non-stock based ROM's (such as CyanogenMod) don't play nice with the unlock process. Normally when you boot up with the foreign SIM card in, it will ask for the unlock code before you can even get to the dialer.

To complete the unlock process, you must be on stock, or a stock based ROM. I used MikTouch (download link), and aside from the first boot taking forever (almost thought it was in bootloop), the process went smoothly. However, to use MikTouch, you will need to downgrade your recovery temporarily (or you will get an assert failure while flashing).

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Conner_Itayi

Conner_Itayi

May 26, 2014
Thanks joel, I'll give it a try, any suggestions to what I should backdate to?

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using XDA Free mobile app

Conner_Itayi

May 26, 2014
New issue?

1.4 seems to help people with the 'network error' in 1.3 however when I load the new rom android continuously crashes and i have no way to access the phone apart from the cyanogen start screen and the crash notification.

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
1.4 seems to help people with the 'network error' in 1.3 however when I load the new rom android continuously crashes and i have no way to access the phone apart from the cyanogen start screen and the crash notification.

Might have been a bad download. Try downloading again, then factory reset (data, cache, dalvik) before flashing again. Hopefully that's all is needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Thanks, Conner

Hi Conner,

This is a bit like what I had. Non-stock based ROM's (such as CyanogenMod) don't play nice with the unlock process. Normally when you boot up with the foreign SIM card in, it will ask for the unlock code before you can even get to the dialer.

To complete the unlock process, you must be on stock, or a stock based ROM. I used MikTouch (download link), and aside from the first boot taking forever (almost thought it was in bootloop), the process went smoothly. However, to use MikTouch, you will need to downgrade your recovery temporarily (or you will get an assert failure while flashing).

Hope this helps.
    Thanks joel, I'll give it a try, any suggestions to what I should backdate to?

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using XDA Free mobile app

Depending on your preference (whichever recovery you are used to, probably ClockWork) I would use either CWM 5.0.2.7 or TWRP 2.2.2.0