[I815/P6800/P6810] CWM Recovery 6.0.2.3 (12/18/12)

Search This thread

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007
I don't know of any walkthroughs for Heimdall, but (on Linux at least) it is pretty easy to install and has a straightforward command line interface:
Code:
$ heimdall --flash --recovery path/to/recovery/img
There is also a gui, although I don't really have any experience with that.

Alright I'll give it a try in linux. Do i need to pull a .img file out of the download somehow or will the .tar work. I ask because in other places when i see to use heimdall i see a recovery.img file.

I guess I need some special driver for windows. I tried an old version 1.1 and got a device not connected message. In 1.3.1 I got an error when i tried to load the .tar into the heimdall-frontend.

hussam1988

Aug 4, 2011
JED
what to do with zip file ?
unziped got a .img!!!

edited
got it old one was tar

Last edited:

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
hey guys.... I was told in a different thread that I should do a Nandroid Backup before trying any flashing..
Can you say if this is the correct thread in which to pull the software from to make me a Nandroid Backup???
thanks for your help.
P6800 international working on ATT in the USA..
thanks again

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo
hey guys.... I was told in a different thread that I should do a Nandroid Backup before trying any flashing..
Can you say if this is the correct thread in which to pull the software from to make me a Nandroid Backup???
thanks for your help.
P6800 international working on ATT in the USA..
thanks again

yes this is the thread where you can install the cwm from and do your backup.:)

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
thank isherif. I guess I'll go back to post number one and lookfor the correct software and instructions on how to install it.
a new experience for me as I havent flashed anything yet except for the rooting..
whichi believe was a qrcode??
thanks again

biopsin

Nov 2, 2010
oslo
Just to be 110% sure:
When doing a factory reset / a wipe / or any other operation in CWM Recovery, IS there a danger of hard bricking the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 when using the stock Kernel of the current LA4 Android 3.2 firmware?

Refs: see "Brick Bug" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1690325

99.999% no, but flashing a bad recovery.img could give a soft brick, but is easly repaired with a new flash - and the Brick Bug is related to ICS..

Reactions: segelfreak2

vegaman

Jan 30, 2010
Auckland
Dude, it's easy to find, you buy it on the market.

Don't post warez, especially when it's an xda dev you're trying to rip off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SrMoure

dr.khan

Aug 28, 2005
copied from old version thread...

Hi guys.. .maybe someone could help to solve this riddle...

I lend a P6800 to a "friend".. and he returned it with CWM 5.0.2.7 installed and he set up a NAND lock (but of course forgot to write down the PW...this moron...maybe I should punish him to remind it...)
Anyway.. now I have this locked tablet... and I would like to re-apply the current official Samsung firmware (which is XXLPY) ...
But as several partitions are write protected, Odin 1.86 is unable to write the firmware to the device...
Thus I need some help to get rid of those protections.
I do not care about data loss or anything.. . I just would like to upload the latest binary to be able to use the device again...

Thanks!

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
Anyone know if this still works once you've flashed stock ICS (which overwrites back to stock recovery)?

turt

Mar 30, 2006
Yeah you can flash this back after upgrading to ICS, then root and you're ready to go :)

Lssar

Sep 25, 2011
Hi guys.. .maybe someone could help to solve this riddle...

I lend a P6800 to a "friend".. and he returned it with CWM 5.0.2.7 installed and he set up a NAND lock (but of course forgot to write down the PW...this moron...maybe I should punish him to remind it...)
Anyway.. now I have this locked tablet... and I would like to re-apply the current official Samsung firmware (which is XXLPY) ...
But as several partitions are write protected, Odin 1.86 is unable to write the firmware to the device...
Thus I need some help to get rid of those protections.
I do not care about data loss or anything.. . I just would like to upload the latest binary to be able to use the device again...

Thanks!

Go to the official technical service of Samsung, they will help you ... if the tab is yours and not a stolen one ...

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
Does anyone know if wiping with this cwm risks the superbrick bug?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use At Your Own Risk

As part of working on the CyanogenMod port, I've built a copy of ClockworkMod based off of my working sources, so I figured I would share my work.

Download
    Flash
    Installing using your choice of Heimdall, Odin, or Mobile Odin. For people who are having issues with it not sticking, see this post.

Changelog
    • 12/18/12
      • Updated to 6.0.2.3
    • 08/12/12
      • Updated to 6.0.1.1
    • 08/01/12
      • Updated to 6.0.1.0 (fixes some bugs with nandroid, as well as some other bugs)
      • Switched to roboto font -- bigger and easier to read
      • external sd is not 'external sdcard' not 'internal sdcard'
    • 07/19/12
      • Updated to 6.0.0.7
    • 07/10/12
      • Added build for I815.
      • Based off of new kernel.
    • 5/12/12
      • ADB should work on all platforms.
      • Show log is fixed.
      • Custom keys should make getting out of "Back menu button disabled." easy.
    Ok, posted new builds. I somehow broke my build system, which is why it took me a bit to upload new versions after goo.im lost everything.
    New recoveries for all devices... testers?!

Just thought I'd drop by and mention that I've uploaded new versions of ClockworkMod Recovery for all devices. Nothing new in particular, but the recovery is now equipped to deal with Android 4.2's changes to sdcard naming, so we might as well be on new recoveries for when the time comes.

P6800
    Heimdall-flashable image (6.0.1.9): goo.im (md5: 58cc9f803f86c9c4341fa143c8408ab4)

P6810
    Heimdall-flashable image (6.0.1.9): goo.im (md5: 312cbbd86522a3a2af42c45f25f7010c)

i815
    Heimdall-flashable image (6.0.1.9): goo.im (md5: 6a72a2a85ca8bbceab6ee06743cd667e)

As most of you know, I don't actually have a Tab 7.7, so I haven't tested these myself. Feedback is appreciated! Note to n00bs: maybe let the more-experience people flash first, just in case. ;)
    New Builds

Thank you for the confirmation of the issue. Looking forward to the next version.
    Your wait is over.
    After a bit of searching I figured out why the SCH-i815 CWM will not stick on Stock ROMS after the FD01 update.

The FD01 update places the file "recovery-from.boot.p" in the /system folder which overwrites custom recoveries upon boot. To stop this from occurring, you will need a root-enabled file explorer. Navigate to /system and rename the "recovery-from.boot.p" file to "recovery-from.boot.p.bak" or, alternatively, you can delete the "recovery-from.boot.p" file (renaming it is better in case something goes wrong). You can then flash a custom recovery and it will stick.

EDIT: Be careful, its possible you can run into problems if you use lockscreen security, I suggest making sure your tab is using an unsecure lockscreen: the "swipe screen to unlock" lockscreen before flashing CWM in Odin mode. After flashing CWM through Odin, I suggest making sure your tab does not boot into the stock rom and immediately make a nandroid backup.