MSkip ProPlus Elegance for Spb Mobile Shell 3.5.3 (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA and WVGA)

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
ProPlusElegance35_101909.jpg

Pictures1.jpg

LinkSkins1-1.jpg

proplusmods.jpg

* IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS TRY READING THE FAQ FIRST BEFORE POSTING

* VARIATIONS FOR THE BOTTOM MENUBAR CAN BE FOUND *HERE*

MSkip's ProPlus Elegance for Mobile Shell 3.5.3
Contains the following:
* LOTS of new widgets to play with
* 7 selectable Lifestyle screens instead of the standard 3* PLUS a 3 button menu on the Pro and Lifestyle Screens on Portrait Mode
* PLUS an extra favourites (contacts) screen (click on contacts and then swipe your finger on the screen to the left to bring up the extra screen), this screen is fully customizable and you can swipe off the second favourites screen.
* PLUS I added a 9th panel in the Spb Menu Screen called Spb Menus which contains 10 spb mobile shell shortcuts that can be selected as application links to be placed on the screen if desired.
* PLUS The screens can be continously scrolled now in portrait AND landscape mode so you can go from screen 7 straight to screen 1 with a single left swipe
* PLUS I added a Bar at the bottom (just above the MenuBar) which you can use to select exactly which screen you want to jump to without having to scroll through all the screens to get there
* PLUS The Pro screen all other screens (including Carousel) can have a custom Background Image (see fundotela files below and instructions)
* PLUS Pro Screen enabled as default (can be turned off in the settings)
* PLUS the recycle bin at the bottom has been deleted as it serves no purpose

The naked version has NO widgets as they all have to be redone to make them compatable with Mobile Shell 3.5. I will update the cabs as soon as I do the widgets.

ChangeLog:
15th January (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA, WVGA)
+ Updates Elegance Theme to be fully compatable with Mobile Shell 3.5.3
+ Fixes Call Log text colour when using Mobile Shell 3.5.3 with my previous version

13th November 2009 (VGA/WVGA ONLY)
+ QVGA version fully updated for compatability with Mobile Shell 3.5.1
+ Added Diamond White and Black Digital Clocks (Small)
+ Added 1 pixel wide black frame around Picture Frame1 so full screen size goes upto edges
+ Fixed all weather widgets to be compatable with MS3.5.1

12th November 2009 (QVGA ONLY)
+ Added 1 pixel wide black frame around Picture Frame1 so full screen size goes upto edges

To use picture widget as full screen background image
1. Make your image the following size and copy it to your storage card or device:
QVGA or VGA = 480 x 500
WQVGA or WVGA = 480 x 660
2. Add a picture widget and then change the skin to Plus1 No Border (QVGA, VGA) or Plus1 No Border (WQVGA, WVGA)

WARNING!!
DO NOT PLACE A FULL SCREEN PICTURE FRAME ON A PANEL THAT YOU WANT TO VIEW IN LANDSCAPE MODE AS IT WILL CRASH MOBILE SHELL
AS SOON AS YOU SWITCH SCREEN ORIENTATION AND REQUIRE A SOFT RESET TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN!!

Note (Changing Custom Backgrounds on Pro Screen and other screens):
To change the Pro Background, rename the file to qa_fundotela.dat and copy to Spb Mobile Shell folder.
To change Background on the other screen (except Lifestyle and Pro) rename the file to qa_fundotela2.dat and copy to Spb Mobile Shell folder.
Always restart Mobile Shell after copying for it to take affect.

Do the following to make your own custom background dat file.
1. Rename any of the custom backgrounds in the zip file to qa_fundotela.zip
2. Unzip to a folder using the password: b0fm18zq
3. Make 2 backgrounds to use as follows:
For QVGA version (240x400 saved as Background.bmp and 400x240 saved as BackgroundL.bmp)
For VGA version (480x800 saved as Background.bmp and 800x480 saved as BackgroundL.bmp)
4. Move the 2 new background files into the folder you made in step2 (overwriting the originals)
5. Zip the 3 files back up with password protection (using password: b0fm18zq)
6. Rename the new file to qa_fundotela.dat (for pro screen) or qa_fundotela2.dat (for all others) and copy to your Spb Mobile Shell folder on your phone (overwriting the original)
7. Soft Reset your phone

VARIATIONS ON POST2 (QVGA, WQVGA) AND POST3 (VGA, WVGA)

Note 1: You might have trouble changing the background on the lifestyle screen. A solution provided by degavi is to first select the image you want then go in to the spb mobile shell folder and delete the background.dat file. Restart mobile shell and your desired image will appear.

Note 2: To Backup your screens layout for future restoration. Using a Registry Editor export the (HKLM, Software, Spb Software House 2, Spb Mobile Shell, Widgets) Folder. It will back up all 7 screens and your spb favorites contacts. BEFORE restoring your registry backup, delete the previous registry folder so there is no chance of anything being left that could interefere with your restoration.

Download Links (xda isnt letting me upload to here sorry):

NOTE: THIS PACK TAKES AROUND 8 MINUTES TO UNINSTALL BECAUSE OF THE SHEER SIZE AND INTEGRATION WITH MOBILE SHELL. IF YOU DONT HAVE PATIENCE TO WAIT FOR IT TO FINISH THEN DONT INSTALL IT. IF IT COMES UP WITH A MESSAGE SAYING IT CANNOT BE UNINSTALLED THEN SEE THE FAQ'S ON HOW TO REMOVE IT MANUALLY. IF YOU CANT READ THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? :p

Install Procedure:
1. Uninstall any extra cabs or addons you have installed for Spb Mobile Shell
2. Uninstall Spb Mobile Shell and soft reset your device
3. Install the latest version of Spb Mobile Shell (current version is 3.5)
4. Install ProPlus Basic or Ultimate to device memory (same as MS3 in installed)
5. After installations completes, soft reset your device
6. Job done. Congratulations you have now expanded the potential of Mobile Shell

QVGA/WQVGA:
MSkip_ProPlus_Elegance_3.5.3_QVGA_150110.cab
Fundotela_BackGrounds_QVGA.zip

VGA/WVGA:
MSkip_ProPlus_Elegance_3.5.3_VGA_150110.cab
Fundotela_BackGrounds_VGA.zip

If you enjoy using anything that I have created please consider making a donation. I have spent ALOT of time on this project so appreciation of my work is very welcome and enables me to carry on developing.

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
Reactions: timoteorex

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
VARIATIONS AND EXTRAS FOR PROPLUS QVGA, WQVGA, VGA AND WVGA

[App] Spb Mobile Shell Backup/Restore Utility (any Resolution) Install the following cab. It will create a folder in your start menu called 'MobileShell Tools'.

In that folder is a Backup program to Backup upto 3 completely different setups and also copy the backups to the storage card in case you want to upgrade/hard reset your Rom or just want to save the backup for future use.

There is also a Restore Utility to allow you to Restore any of the backups you created.

Lastly there is a little utility to Restart Mobile Shell if needed and a Donate button if you find this useful and want to buy me a drink
icon_wink.gif

It can be used on pretty much any version of Spb Mobile Shell and will work whether it has been modified or not.

Hope this helps some people.

Download *HERE*

-------------------------------------

All these variations can be used with the latest version of ProPlus Elegance OR Ultimate Elegance!!

1. [VARIATION] LARGE SELECTOR BAR FOR PROPLUS ELEGANCE 3.5.3 (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA AND WVGA)

Screen10.png

Just download and unzip, copy the 2 files across to your spb mobile shell folder, then Soft Reset.

Picture Frame 1 Full (QVGA, VGA) needs to be 480x452
Picture Frame 1 Full (WQVGA, WVGA) needs to be 480x612

QVGA and WQVGA VERSION

VGA AND WVGA VERSION

---------------------------------------------------------

2. ORIGINAL SELECTOR BAR FOR PROPLUS ELEGANCE 3.5.3 (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA AND WVGA)

Screen02.png

Just download and unzip, copy the 2 files across to your spb mobile shell folder, then Soft Reset.

Picture Frame 1 Full (QVGA, VGA) needs to be 480x500
Picture Frame 1 Full (WQVGA, WVGA) needs to be 480x660

QVGA and WQVGA VERSION

VGA AND WVGA VERSION

3. [VARIATION] LARGE SELECTOR BAR 1 FOR PROPLUS ULTIMATE ELEGANCE 3.5.3 (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA AND WVGA)

Screen01UE1.png

Picture Frame 1 Full (QVGA, VGA) needs to be 480x524
Picture Frame 1 Full (WQVGA, WVGA) needs to be 480x684

QVGA and WQVGA VERSION

VGA AND WVGA VERSION

3. [VARIATION] LARGE SELECTOR BAR 2 FOR PROPLUS ULTIMATE ELEGANCE 3.5.3 (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA AND WVGA)

Screen01-2.png

Picture Frame 1 Full (QVGA, VGA) needs to be 480x524
Picture Frame 1 Full (WQVGA, WVGA) needs to be 480x684

QVGA and WQVGA VERSION

VGA AND WVGA VERSION

4. ORIGINAL SELECTOR BAR FOR PROPLUS ULTIMATE ELEGANCE 3.5.3 (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA AND WVGA)

Screen01.png

Picture Frame 1 Full (QVGA, VGA) needs to be 480x564
Picture Frame 1 Full (WQVGA, WVGA) needs to be 480x724

QVGA and WQVGA VERSION or Mirror *HERE*

VGA AND WVGA VERSION

If you enjoy using anything that I have created please consider making a donation. I have spent ALOT of time on this project so appreciation of my work is very welcome and allows me to carry on developing.

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
PROPLUS WIDGETS ONLY PACK FOR MS3.5.3 (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA AND WVGA)

This is a ProPlus Widgets Only pack which has an installable cab, plus a qa_layouts.dat file and the ProPlus xml file so you can use this to either install a basic widgets pack OR you can use it to add ProPlus widgets to any other theme. Detailed instructions and all files needed are included in the file.

Picture Frame 1 Full (QVGA, VGA) needs to be 480x488
Picture Frame 1 Full (WQVGA, WVGA) needs to be 480x648

4shared link: QVGA and WQVGA VERSION FOR MS3.5.3
Rapidshare Mirror: MSkip_ProPlus_WidgetsOnly_3.5.3_QVGA_012610.zip

4shared link: VGA AND WVGA VERSION FOR MS3.5.3
Rapidshare Mirror: MSkip_ProPlus_WidgetsOnly_3.5.3_VGA_012610.zip

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
FAQ FOR ALL PROPLUS THEMES

Q1. Whats the difference between ProPlus Elegance and ProPlus Ultimate?

Ultimate has an empty menubar area at the bottom so you can place whatever widgets and links you want in that space.

Elegance has a 3 button menubar and also a page selector bar to take you straight to any of the 7 lifestyle pages. Elegance also has continuous scrolling so that you can scroll from page 7 to page 1 in a single swipe.

Apart from those differences, both versions have the same enhancements and widgets :)
------------------------------------------------------

Q2. How do I Exit Shell?

To Exit Mobile Shell Completely
Goto Spb Menu from the bottom menubar, then click settings, Spb Mobile Shell, Bottom right menu button, Exit Shell.

To Restart Mobile Shell
Just click on Spb Home in the bottom right of your Today Screen :)

Q3. I cant uninstall ProPlus, it just hangs and doesnt do anything.

Note: ProPlus packs can take upwards of 8 minutes to uninstall fully because of the vast amount of work packed in and how it is integrated into Mobile Shell. Be patient and wait until you get a verification that it has failed to uninstall before attempting the manual uninstall method:

If you have a registry program on your phone then delete the following 2 folders, then delete your program files, spb mobile shell folder.

You should now be able to reinstall mobile shell and then the new version of Ultimate. It will tell you it has to uninstall the previous version first but just hit ok and be patient because it might not do anything for a bit and then it will be fine.

1. Exit Mobile Shell (Spb Menu, Settings, Spb Mobile Shell, Menu button, Exit)
2. In the Registry Delete (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software House\Shared\Spb Menu)
3. In the Registry Delete (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software House 2)
4. Using a File Manager Delete Program Files, Spb Mobile Shell folder
5. Soft Reset and install Mobile Shell

Q4. Im running WM6.5.1 and have a StartBar covering the bottom area.

Follow *THIS* post to fix it OR try installing *THIS* registry fix.

Q5. How do I open launcher from the panels cutton on ProPlus Freedom?

Ok here goes:

1. copy qa_layouts.dat from program files, spb mobile shell on your phone to your pc
2. rename to qa_layouts.dat.zip
3. using winzip (must be winzip or you can have problems) extract the MenuBar3Lifestyle_UltimateV1.xml file using the password b0fm18zq when asked
4. open the xml file in notepad
5. about a 1/3 down you will find the following text

<Layout Name="Default">
<Plugins>
<Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Panels" ID="3">
<Int Name="ActivateOnPress" Value="1"/>
<String Name="Action" Value="Panels"/>
<Int Name="LeftBtn" Value="1"/>
<String Name="Icons" Value="ButtonsMB"/>
<Skin Name="IconSkin" Skin="MSkipFiles" MiddleSkin="MSkipFiles" DoubleSkin="MSkipFiles"/>
<Rect Name="SrcIcon" X="0" Y="54" Width="27" Height="27"/>
</Plugin>

replace the highlighted lines with

<String Name="Open" Value=":BTN0"/>
<Int Name="isActive" Value="1"/>
<Int Name="Replace" Value="0"/>

6. save the file and exit from notepad
7. drag the file back to your opened winzip file (qa_layouts.dat.zip) making sure winzip 'encrypt files' is selected with the password set to b0fm18zq
8. close the winzip file and rename back to qa_layouts.dat
9. copy the qa_layouts.dat file back to your program files, spb mobile shell folder on your phone making sure to overwrite the original
10. goto start menu, mskip's proplus tools, restart mobile shell
11. when mobile shell restarts test the panels button to make sure it opens the launcher

You can now set the new "launcher" button through menu (bottom right button) settings to open spb menu or launcher. This button has also now been mapped to your left soft button on your phone.

You can also use this method to change the panels button on any of the MenuBar3Lifestyle xml files and you can also set it to open any of the other spb screens by replacing :BTN0 with any of the following.

:BTN1 - contacts, favorites, calllog
:WEATHER - weather
:AGENDA - agenda
:TIME - time

:NOTE Be aware that if you reload the Original Theme (or reinstall ProPlus Freedom) then you will need to copy the modified qa_layouts.dat file back to your phone. You can also safely use this modification on any future updates so it would be easier for you to keep any modified xml files on your pc so that you can just import them back into the qa_layouts.dat file on the new version.

Last edited:

pbv302

Aug 25, 2008
Awesome! I guess WVGA will be done loooong before I get my TD2 back from service! (Screen layers got stuck all the time...:( )
Painful wait to test all the goodies!:)

moxycalt

Jul 26, 2009
WOW THAT WAS FAST !!! :eek: Would you by any chance have the widgets only that we can inject in it ??? And maybe pics of them so we can see first !!

Thanks ;)

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
WOW THAT WAS FAST !!! :eek: Would you by any chance have the widgets only that we can inject in it ??? And maybe pics of them so we can see first !!

Thanks ;)
None of the existing proplus widgets will work off the bat with mobile shell 3.5 as they have changed that side of their program. I have to work out what I need to do to make them compatable which is why im making naked versions without the widgets. Once those are working then I can start adding the widgets back in slowly.

zindian

Jun 27, 2009
very nice work mate

Hi MSkip

first of all thanks and very nice work mate !:)

I want to know few things like:
* do we have option to make 7 selectable Lifestyle screens to 3 only ( in case we do not want to use 7 like Spb normal setting)

* also is there any chance we can increase size of scroll button little bit more because half of the time i end up pressing buttons under that. just because size is too small. OR may be we can change bottom buttons to Lifestyle screens numbers like 1 2 3 because any other shortcut we can have as widgets.

I know it seems lots of work. if you like i am happy to help as volunteer.
cheers

zindian

Jun 27, 2009
i am attaching two images for you so you can understand what i was talking about.

Attachments

• MS_with_numbers.jpg
    MS_with_numbers.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 512

jembot

Oct 24, 2007
Does anybody else notice a speed decrease with SPB MobileShell v3.5? It used to be snappy with v3.0. Did anyone manage to speed-up theirs? Any idea mskip?

Thanks!

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
WVGA Mirror???

Great and quick work Skip!!!
Any chance of a mirror, for those of us that download via mobile??
My PC is crapped out right now??
Anyone mirror? 4shared? something similar :)

donnaw

Aug 1, 2008
Austin TX
so far so good except

2 things:

1) I use some icons I like better in the qa_misc_now file (Menu_BblIcons). When I replaced the qa_misc_now.dat file after updating your cab it changes those icons (these are the most left and right on all the screens) except for the lifestyle and Pro main screens. Where do you get your icons from for these screens?

2) I have been unable to get the fundotela/fundotela2 fix to work. When I try to delete the bacgroung.dat file nothing lets me - says it's being used. Tried on the phone and on the PC. Any ideas?

Looks like a great job so far. The thing I moss the most is the invisible widgets.

Keep up the good work! thanks

zindian

Jun 27, 2009
Hi donnaw
2) I have been unable to get the fundotela/fundotela2 fix to work. When I try to delete the bacgroung.dat file nothing lets me - says it's being used. Tried on the phone and on the PC. Any ideas?

try this
just rename original to fundotela_old.dat file and paste new one it will work fine. also dont forget to soft restart.

Last edited:

donnaw

Aug 1, 2008
Austin TX
Hi donnaw

try this
just rename original to fundotela_old.dat file and paste new one it will work fine. also dont forget to soft restart.

----

got it - thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ProPlusElegance35_101909.jpg

Pictures1.jpg

LinkSkins1-1.jpg

proplusmods.jpg

* IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS TRY READING THE FAQ FIRST BEFORE POSTING

* VARIATIONS FOR THE BOTTOM MENUBAR CAN BE FOUND *HERE*

MSkip's ProPlus Elegance for Mobile Shell 3.5.3
    Contains the following:
    * LOTS of new widgets to play with
    * 7 selectable Lifestyle screens instead of the standard 3* PLUS a 3 button menu on the Pro and Lifestyle Screens on Portrait Mode
    * PLUS an extra favourites (contacts) screen (click on contacts and then swipe your finger on the screen to the left to bring up the extra screen), this screen is fully customizable and you can swipe off the second favourites screen.
    * PLUS I added a 9th panel in the Spb Menu Screen called Spb Menus which contains 10 spb mobile shell shortcuts that can be selected as application links to be placed on the screen if desired.
    * PLUS The screens can be continously scrolled now in portrait AND landscape mode so you can go from screen 7 straight to screen 1 with a single left swipe
    * PLUS I added a Bar at the bottom (just above the MenuBar) which you can use to select exactly which screen you want to jump to without having to scroll through all the screens to get there
    * PLUS The Pro screen all other screens (including Carousel) can have a custom Background Image (see fundotela files below and instructions)
    * PLUS Pro Screen enabled as default (can be turned off in the settings)
    * PLUS the recycle bin at the bottom has been deleted as it serves no purpose

The naked version has NO widgets as they all have to be redone to make them compatable with Mobile Shell 3.5. I will update the cabs as soon as I do the widgets.

ChangeLog:
    15th January (QVGA, WQVGA, VGA, WVGA)
    + Updates Elegance Theme to be fully compatable with Mobile Shell 3.5.3
    + Fixes Call Log text colour when using Mobile Shell 3.5.3 with my previous version

13th November 2009 (VGA/WVGA ONLY)
    + Fixed all weather widgets to be compatable with MS3.5.1

12th November 2009 (QVGA ONLY)

To use picture widget as full screen background image
    1. Make your image the following size and copy it to your storage card or device:
    QVGA or VGA = 480 x 500
    WQVGA or WVGA = 480 x 660
    2. Add a picture widget and then change the skin to Plus1 No Border (QVGA, VGA) or Plus1 No Border (WQVGA, WVGA)

WARNING!!
    DO NOT PLACE A FULL SCREEN PICTURE FRAME ON A PANEL THAT YOU WANT TO VIEW IN LANDSCAPE MODE AS IT WILL CRASH MOBILE SHELL
    AS SOON AS YOU SWITCH SCREEN ORIENTATION AND REQUIRE A SOFT RESET TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN!!

Note (Changing Custom Backgrounds on Pro Screen and other screens):
    To change the Pro Background, rename the file to qa_fundotela.dat and copy to Spb Mobile Shell folder.
    To change Background on the other screen (except Lifestyle and Pro) rename the file to qa_fundotela2.dat and copy to Spb Mobile Shell folder.
    Always restart Mobile Shell after copying for it to take affect.

Do the following to make your own custom background dat file.
    1. Rename any of the custom backgrounds in the zip file to qa_fundotela.zip
    2. Unzip to a folder using the password: b0fm18zq
    3. Make 2 backgrounds to use as follows:
    For QVGA version (240x400 saved as Background.bmp and 400x240 saved as BackgroundL.bmp)
    For VGA version (480x800 saved as Background.bmp and 800x480 saved as BackgroundL.bmp)
    4. Move the 2 new background files into the folder you made in step2 (overwriting the originals)
    5. Zip the 3 files back up with password protection (using password: b0fm18zq)
    6. Rename the new file to qa_fundotela.dat (for pro screen) or qa_fundotela2.dat (for all others) and copy to your Spb Mobile Shell folder on your phone (overwriting the original)
    7. Soft Reset your phone

VARIATIONS ON POST2 (QVGA, WQVGA) AND POST3 (VGA, WVGA)

Note 1: You might have trouble changing the background on the lifestyle screen. A solution provided by degavi is to first select the image you want then go in to the spb mobile shell folder and delete the background.dat file. Restart mobile shell and your desired image will appear.

Note 2: To Backup your screens layout for future restoration. Using a Registry Editor export the (HKLM, Software, Spb Software House 2, Spb Mobile Shell, Widgets) Folder. It will back up all 7 screens and your spb favorites contacts. BEFORE restoring your registry backup, delete the previous registry folder so there is no chance of anything being left that could interefere with your restoration.

Download Links (xda isnt letting me upload to here sorry):

NOTE: THIS PACK TAKES AROUND 8 MINUTES TO UNINSTALL BECAUSE OF THE SHEER SIZE AND INTEGRATION WITH MOBILE SHELL. IF YOU DONT HAVE PATIENCE TO WAIT FOR IT TO FINISH THEN DONT INSTALL IT. IF IT COMES UP WITH A MESSAGE SAYING IT CANNOT BE UNINSTALLED THEN SEE THE FAQ'S ON HOW TO REMOVE IT MANUALLY. IF YOU CANT READ THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? :p

Install Procedure:
    1. Uninstall any extra cabs or addons you have installed for Spb Mobile Shell
    2. Uninstall Spb Mobile Shell and soft reset your device
    3. Install the latest version of Spb Mobile Shell (current version is 3.5)
    4. Install ProPlus Basic or Ultimate to device memory (same as MS3 in installed)
    5. After installations completes, soft reset your device
    6. Job done. Congratulations you have now expanded the potential of Mobile Shell

QVGA/WQVGA:
    MSkip_ProPlus_Elegance_3.5.3_QVGA_150110.cab
    Fundotela_BackGrounds_QVGA.zip

VGA/WVGA:
    MSkip_ProPlus_Elegance_3.5.3_VGA_150110.cab
    Fundotela_BackGrounds_VGA.zip

If you enjoy using anything that I have created please consider making a donation. I have spent ALOT of time on this project so appreciation of my work is very welcome and enables me to carry on developing.