GS4 SGH-I337 Camera burn in

Search This thread

antde201

Apr 13, 2011
I noticed very recently that a faint black artifact can be seen when viewing the camera on the device. I have confirmed that this artifact which resembles an orb is not visible on the LCD panel itself, only when the camera is activated.

The attached photo demonstrates what I am seeing on the screen through the view of the camera.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be and, if so, if it is permanent?

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

Attachments

• IMG_20140303_065549.jpg
    IMG_20140303_065549.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 447

drichter12

Jan 9, 2008
Dallas
I noticed very recently that a faint black artifact can be seen when viewing the camera on the device. I have confirmed that this artifact which resembles an orb is not visible on the LCD panel itself, only when the camera is activated.

The attached photo demonstrates what I am seeing on the screen through the view of the camera.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be and, if so, if it is permanent?

Thanks for any help or insight you can provide.

Does this "spot" show up on photos taken with the camera or just when looking through the camera app?

drichter12

Jan 9, 2008
Dallas
Yes.

Actually the image I attached is a photo I took with the camera.

My gut tells me it would be something stuck to the optics somewhere (inside or out) since it is not a well defined pattern but more of an out-of-focus mark. If you have already confirmed the lens is clean on the outside and has no nicks/chips in the glass then it could be possible that something has gotten in between lens and the lens cover or even the image sensor and the lens. Worst case, you can get a replacement camera module on Amazon for about $25 or just the lens cover kit for about $5.