[APP] HtcMusic for 2.1 ROMs

Search This thread

statuzz

Jul 31, 2009
SWF
Anybody know if this works on Cyanogen's 5.0.7?

Dude seriously....(don't u read in the OP) sometimes i think some people are kind of rude with others here...based on questions people ask in this forum......what the hell is that Bro(ur question)

If people would take the time to read, there wouldn't be so much confusion ;)

the_fish

May 12, 2008
im using clays superbad 1.2.1

actually i don't think it has something to do with that but maybe that has something to do with mediaserver: on some music mods if you enable unpause on connect and start it up it starts playing right away when a headset is in, so maybe it kind of interferes with that or something. just try disabling unpause on connect in default music settings :)

tomiglio

Jun 12, 2007
London
On cm 5 it doesn't work with Bluetooth headset.can't control it. If I press play or fast forward nothing happens. Other than that it works fine. If u can get it to work with Bluetooth handsets would b great. till then I'll revert to stock music player + beutification.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

the_fish

May 12, 2008
On cm 5 it doesn't work with Bluetooth headset.can't control it. If I press play or fast forward nothing happens. Other than that it works fine. If u can get it to work with Bluetooth handsets would b great. till then I'll revert to stock music player + beutification.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

You mean you can't use the BT headset for output itself, or are you talking about the buttons? My Nokia BT headset plays just fine :)

ATZ-007

Sep 7, 2009
London
Xiaomi Poco F3
HtcMusic for 1.6

Grate work.. keep it up

;);) I have a slightly off topic question ;);)
Where can I get HtcMusic for "Super D 1.11" (Android 1.6) & how do I install it? :confused: :confused:

Many thanks,

xjjjay

Dec 1, 2009
There's an updated version of the HTC music app used in Eris Roms, maybe others. Any chance of getting that one ported? One of the main differences is that when you click on an artist's name, "songs" and his or her albums appear underneath the name.

jubeh

Mar 15, 2009
i'm working on a few fixes for this. I should release this along with a simple rom I'm making (just for the heck of it).
Among the fixes:
-Have the HtcMusic and TrackBrowser activities locked to Portrait since switching to landscape kinda breaks them.
-Beautify the Music widget a bit. I'm trying to get it close to the Eclair look and make it work right in portrait mode
-A few graphical fixes to match the theme of my eclair release. My last one until froyo hits.

jubeh

Mar 15, 2009
Alright, here it is, my Legend/AOSP custom rom is still very much in the works (not a direct port, I'm building a lot of it by myself, the other parts I'm just adding, like the HTC IME or this music player), so I'll release the fixed app by itself. Hope this is somehow integrated into first post.

I fixed the rotation issue for two activities, the main activity, and the track browser activity (Now Playing).
There's still a bug where if you open your keyboard while at the track browser activity you'll lose the bottom bar, this doesn't happen at the main activity. I'll see if I can fix it later.

I added the eclair appwidget which IMHO looks a lot better than any other. I could have a look later and integrate additional widgets from other threads, but I'd have to get in contact with those devs to see if we could make it happen.
Also, I could change the other activities (the ones that have a scrolling tab) to be viewable in landscape mode with the sensor (without having to use the keyboard). If you guys want that, it's an easy change.

I changed the music app icon to match the new rom I'm making (legend themed), this includes the now-playing statusbar icon.

Install it by either flashing it through recovery (it's inside an update.zip already) or push it through adb (you have to extract it from the zip).

Hope somebody finds this useful.

Attachments

• update.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 965
  • AppWidget.jpg
    AppWidget.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,011
Last edited:

g1junky

Feb 3, 2009
Dolton, IL
Alright, here it is, my Legend/AOSP custom rom is still very much in the works (not a direct port, I'm building a lot of it by myself, the other parts I'm just adding, like the HTC IME or this music player), so I'll release the fixed app by itself. Hope this is somehow integrated into first post.

I fixed the rotation issue for two activities, the main activity, and the track browser activity (Now Playing).
There's still a bug where if you open your keyboard while at the track browser activity you'll lose the bottom bar, this doesn't happen at the main activity. I'll see if I can fix it later.

I added the eclair appwidget which IMHO looks a lot better than any other. I could have a look later and integrate additional widgets from other threads, but I'd have to get in contact with those devs to see if we could make it happen.
Also, I could change the other activities (the ones that have a scrolling tab) to be viewable in landscape mode with the sensor (without having to use the keyboard). If you guys want that, it's an easy change.

I changed the music app icon to match the new rom I'm making (legend themed), this includes the now-playing statusbar icon.

Install it by either flashing it through recovery (it's inside an update.zip already) or push it through adb (you have to extract it from the zip).

thanks for this.. now the widget matches my theme :)

lowlife546

Nov 15, 2009
great job on the widget. this is now my default music player. can't wait for future updates

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Self explanatory i guess ;)
    Tested on latest SuperBAD (which is based on CM 5.0.7 ;) ):
    old
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-2508485/HtcMusic_2.1.apk.html
    http://www.zshare.net/download/759736031dc8f2ac/

latest
    (fixed the FC, hopefully, the second :p)
    http://www.solidfiles.com/d/b28/download/

(i have used that very site bc it doesn't have wait times and it isn't full of ads)
    used apktool to "decompile", changed AndroidManifest.xml, recompiled and signed using this tool: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=294181&d=1268671397
    Enjoy.

Credits go to Brut.all for apktool and the writer of signapk.jar as well as the guy who wrote that batch file for it :)
    Screenshots for those who don't know it:
    nvguao7xqh.png
    ipy41wc8t6ek.png

from jubeh:

Links from his post:
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=326152&d=1273819820
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=326151&d=1273819820