Battery meter stuck at 100%

Search This thread

slampana

Dec 3, 2010
I have been using my g tablet unplugged for several hours with both TnT Lite and ZPad clean and the battery meter still shows 100%. Has anyone else experienced this before or have any ideas how to fix it?

slampana

Dec 3, 2010
It finally starting coming down from 100%, but it took about 3 hours. I am thinking it may not be the most accurate battery meter :)

NawtyAtNight

Dec 2, 2010
I'm having the same issue. At first I thought , gee this thing has great battery life, then it shut down even tough the battery was at 100% , start it it , then shuts down. I thought it broke , then realized I had seen a post on this issue n plugged it in.
Sent from my HTC EVO using XDA App

cutterjohn

Jul 30, 2010
Mine does the same thing, and I thought that it might have been a problem but it eventually starts dropping, and usually starts dropping quickly or so I think.

It looks to me to be a problem of an improperly calibrated battery meter... still haven't tried the Clockwork mod wipe batt data yet though...

(This happened to me on stock fw & TnT lite 2.0 - 2.2.0 so far...)

rickyt63

Jun 16, 2006
BayArea, California
OnePlus 10 Pro
Mine does the same thing, and I thought that it might have been a problem but it eventually starts dropping, and usually starts dropping quickly or so I think.

It looks to me to be a problem of an improperly calibrated battery meter... still haven't tried the Clockwork mod wipe batt data yet though...

(This happened to me on stock fw & TnT lite 2.0 - 2.2.0 so far...)

Same here for me on all firmwares.
At 1st 2-3 hours, it stays at 100%. After that start dropping ...

ub2951

Jun 29, 2010
I have the same issue, but I also get a force close when attempting to check battery status under settings

satishraman

Oct 30, 2006
Sacramento
I had the same problem.

I downloaded "Advanced Battery Improve" and it works for me. Now the battery meter updates correctly. Do not know if its a coincidence.

treenuts

Dec 16, 2010
Boston, MA
I had the same problem after my first charge. I let the battery completely drain, then powered up with the the power adapter plugged in. I used CMW to reset the battery stats on boot, and now the battery meter is working like I'd expect.

mmracing

Nov 16, 2010
DoDa
I also had the stuck 100% meter problem. I completely drained the battery, plugged it in, booted to CMW, reset the battery status, completely charged the batter (a few hours past when the green light came on), booted to CMW, and reset the battery status again. Now the battery meter seems to be reporting correctly.

Hope this helps others.

FacelessMan

Dec 6, 2010
I also had the stuck 100% meter problem. I completely drained the battery, plugged it in, booted to CMW, reset the battery status, completely charged the batter (a few hours past when the green light came on), booted to CMW, and reset the battery status again. Now the battery meter seems to be reporting correctly.

Hope this helps others.

+1. I was reluctant to believe this would work, but it worked for me as well. I did this a couple of days ago. Yesterday I charged it to 100%, and ran it all the way down to 2% before plugging it in.

Butch1326

Nov 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
mmracing meant: CWM, which stands for ClockWorkMod.

Look under the development section of this forum for a topic (guide) on how to install ClockWorkMod

xfernand

Aug 22, 2010
Miami, FL
Battery life on the G Tablet

So what's the general consensus on battery life for G tablet? I thought mine was permanently stuck at 100%. I let it run out for about 10 hours and then it began to slowly decrease.

I thought it would die within a few hours after that at 90% or 80%... Well it lasted 25 hours with some moderate use in between and finally died at 23%. Still incorrect but 25 hours?

joejaru

Dec 20, 2010
Total discharge worked for me.

I had this problem. I let the battery completely discharge until it shut off. Then, I completely recharged it while it was off. After that, the meter worked correctly.