Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+] YouTube Downloader v6.7

1,587 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,401

Post Reply Email Thread
11th October 2015, 01:54 PM |#2691  
Thanks Meter: 947

More
webm is not a good format for playing on the smartphone, since the playback is not hardware accelerated.

11th October 2015, 02:03 PM |#2692  
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

(And a wild guess; believe me, it happened: did you scroll down to the bottom where sits the "pause/resume" entry?

Fortunately that was it. Edited previous post. Not used to old phone where popup takes whole screen, and where they are scrollable.

On another topic,
I was trying to solve an issue where wrong thumbnail kept appearing
So I backed up dashboard, emptied it, then restored
First,

Queued entries in dashboard are removed, not imported:
Code:
W/i: Removing (file not found): xxxxx_480p.mp4
V/i: Removing ID xxxxxx ]
It does not find a file so removes entry, instead it should import entry in Queued state.

Also,
Most of the thumbnails do not import:
Code:
D/i: trying to write thumbnail for xxxxxxx.mp4 -> xxx(correct ytid)
E/i: writeThumbToDiskForSelectedFile ->  null
11th October 2015, 02:56 PM |#2693  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@m0d
1) wild guessing sometimes pays back lol
2) queued items and dashboard backup/restore: backup doesn't fire if something is in progress. Items are in queue when some other things are in progress. So I don't know how you did this dashboard backup (manually from /data/data/... folder?)
3) thumbnails problem: I really don't know (I can only say that audio files obviously don't generate thumbs and flv videos needs FFmpeg installed)
4) "search more by user" into the mini-overflow menus from the search tab: nice idea.

PS: why don't you send the complete logcat? I don't care about the video titles in there, believe me.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
11th October 2015, 03:26 PM |#2694  

More
Quote:

2) queued items and dashboard backup/restore: backup doesn't fire if something is in progress. Items are in queue when some other things are in progress. So I don't know how you did this dashboard backup (manually from /data/data/... folder?)
3) thumbnails problem: I really don't know (I can only say that audio files obviously don't generate thumbs and flv videos needs FFmpeg installed)

I am currently using an old device. And, some of the items that were Queued remained queued for a while, (somehow they did not start after other downloads completed and remained in queued state). When I clicked on tools\backup it worked. All items that were complete and queued were saved in json file.
Code:
1444553573637": {
        "ytid": "ooo",
        "status": "QUEUED",
        "basename": "ooo",
        "path": "\/storage\/external_SD\/backUp\/aMuse",
        "filename": "ooo_480p.mp4",
        "audio_ext": ".m4a",
        "type": "VIDEO-FF-480p",
        "pos": 8,
        "size": "0 B"
    },
Backup does not take into consideration Queued state, only complete and in progress, queued state is treated as complete, I guess. For some reason the queued items did not trigger to start download and remained queued, backup should check also if queue exists?

As for thumbnails, I saved clips in mp4 480p. All had thumbnails before backup, but after restore only 2 retained thumbnails.
11th October 2015, 03:35 PM |#2695  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d

I am currently using an old device. And, some of the items that were Queued remained queued for a while, (somehow they did not start after other downloads completed and remained in queued state). When I clicked on tools\backup it worked. All items that were complete and queued were saved in json file.
Backup does not take into consideration Queued state, only complete and in progress, queued state is treated as complete, I guess. For some reason the queued items did not trigger to start download and remained queued, backup should check also if queue exists?

As for thumbnails, I saved clips in mp4 480p. All had thumbnails before backup, but after restore only 2 retained thumbnails.

Ok then, while I remain clueless about the thumbs issue, I can safely add a check for "queued" items and from the two subsequent options, implement one:
1) inhibit the backup as is now for "in progress"/"paused" items.
2) permit it, but do not check for file existence on restore (that now is what flags an entry to be skipped)

(1st is quick and dirt, may be temporary; but then I think I'll do the 2nd)

EDIT: maybe you had an old app version, because has been a while that items that are found in queue during a fresh app start are moved into "paused" state.
Nonetheless, I'll include this check.
11th October 2015, 03:50 PM |#2696  

More
Quote:

Ok then, while I remain clueless about the thumbs issue, I can safely add a check for "queued" items and from the two subsequent options, implement one:
1) inhibit the backup as is now for "in progress"/"paused" items.
2) permit it, but do not check for file existence on restore (that now is what flags an entry to be skipped)

(1st is quick and dirt, may be temporary; but then I think I'll do the 2nd)

EDIT: maybe you had an old app version, because has been a while that items that are found in queue during a fresh app start are moved into "paused" state.
Nonetheless, I'll include this check.

I am using
4.6.0.2_v4.7-beta-2
Did not always pause.
Sometimes remained queued. For some reason even when other downloads finished the queued items did not start nor did it pause, just hanged in queued state.
The Following User Says Thank You to m0d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0d Ad-Free
11th October 2015, 03:51 PM |#2697  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d

I am using
4.6.0.2_v4.7-beta-2
Did not always pause.
Sometimes remained queued. For some reason even when other downloads finished the queued items did not start nor did it pause, just hanged in queued state.

Ok thanks, I'll further look into this.
11th October 2015, 05:06 PM |#2698  

More
Quote:

Ok thanks, I'll further look into this.

The issue arises because when download starts, the file name is renamed with addition of ".download".
By creating empty file of all files in download folder that have ".download", I was able to import the Queued files.
And, after FC using task manager. They are now paused.
Not sure what the issue was regarding Queue states, something to do with old phone removing ytd app from memory when out of RAM. But, before when I returned to ytd it was still queued, now after manually FC app it appears as Paused.

Another way to handle file not found:
Firefox and download managers create separate .download file as well as correct file placeholder(i.e. .mp4 file in our case). And, when download finishes, force overwrites the .download file into placeholder, (need to make sure done correctly, otherwise will be left with 2 files one .mp4 and one .mp4.download)
But, this is just an extra safety measure.
The issue with entries getting stuck at queue is another. Not sure how to check for it. But in my case it happens when I use another app while downloading, old phone + low RAM = Queue hangs when ytd app is removed by system
The Following User Says Thank You to m0d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0d Ad-Free
12th October 2015, 03:27 AM |#2699  
Flag Dongshi, Taichung
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

I don't get what you mean by "half the data"..

Look at the totals shown in Settings > Apps > YouTube Downloader .
12th October 2015, 05:32 AM |#2700  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidanni

Look at the totals shown in Settings > Apps > YouTube Downloader .

This happens because the FFmpeg executable must be copied to the internal memory storage (specifically the private app's data folder on the system partition).

---
@m0d : thanks for the in-depth analysis. Will be useful to correct the issue you reported.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
12th October 2015, 10:00 AM |#2701  

More
Quote:

---
@m0d : thanks for the in-depth analysis. Will be useful to correct the issue you reported.

You are wlecome. Thank you for the grat app.

Two things I noticed, though.
Manually creating file allows the import of the entry. But, in one case I had to delete it in order to resume download, (YTD does not handle existence of file due to the fact that it already renames it (to .download), therefore it expects it not to be there).
Also, it might be better to just handle Queue as in progress after all - do not back up until queued are completed. As some of the downloads that were in Queued state already started earlier. But, after I imported them it resumed wrong, (did not MUX in some cases). Which means that it did not check the exact point of where the download was, i.e. downloading video / audio / or MUX .

It might have took longer, but I was able to add the files back to dashboard. In the end Queued states are better off handled as in progress since they require some work to be completely compatible, (or just import them and delete all already downloaded files (.mpg temp and .m4a temp files) to Force redownload to make sure it downloads properly).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)