[A510][ROM][2012-12-17] NoThrills A510 WorldWide optimized Stock ROM

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 382

By NoThrills, Retired Recognized Developer on 5th September 2012, 01:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2012, 02:19 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
im getting random shut downs, two in the last 3 days, where when its sleeping, it shuts right down. pressing the power button wont power it up either. i have to hold the power button for a good 30 seconds, then let go, then next time i press the power button it will boot as normal. anyone else?

28th September 2012, 03:24 AM |#102  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 671

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Gunn

im getting random shut downs, two in the last 3 days, where when its sleeping, it shuts right down. pressing the power button wont power it up either. i have to hold the power button for a good 30 seconds, then let go, then next time i press the power button it will boot as normal. anyone else?

I'm getting the same behavior. Kinda like a sleep of death (SOD)?

I'm raising up my minimum freq to 204MHz to see if it helps...
28th September 2012, 03:48 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

I would say, this is linked to the sensitivity setting in Settings/Display. So there really is no need to circumvent the current method. Would just be another script running from init.d. You'll probably have to check in a decompiled Settings.apk and see if there's a default. I remember seeing this somewhere in the 501 ICS.

I take a look at settings.apk and didn't find default value for this parameter

I also found why my script can't modify the file in /sys

Quote:

/sys is not writable by anything but the kernel
The kernel publishes compile options and runtime values through /sys. It would be a security risk if anything else could modify /sys.
/sys is not persistant and is not really a filesystem in a traditional sense, but a read only database accessed by filesystem methods

If you don't see something you expect then look at you kernel compile options and what modules you may need to load

Different kernels support dfferent features and this is reflected in /sys.

the best way is to script it in kernel's init.rc, I'll give a try later
29th September 2012, 01:46 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salisbury_steak

I'm getting the same behavior. Kinda like a sleep of death (SOD)?

I'm raising up my minimum freq to 204MHz to see if it helps...

I had this problem before. Flash the original A510 kernel back and now the tablet is rock steady for nearly a week now.
29th September 2012, 02:20 AM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybg00d

I had this problem before. Flash the original A510 kernel back and now the tablet is rock steady for nearly a week now.

does it keep root when you flash thestock kernal?
29th September 2012, 07:42 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Gunn

does it keep root when you flash thestock kernal?

I still have root. Just make sure you flash using NoThrill's stock kernel.
29th September 2012, 11:04 AM |#107  
Flag Manila

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybg00d

I did that last week. Unfortunately, the screen responsiveness bug immediately returned after the stock kernel flash. So I went back to NoThrill's kernel. Currently on 204MHz minimum for 2 days and no SODs so far (fingers crossed).
29th September 2012, 02:48 PM |#108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salisbury_steak

I did that last week. Unfortunately, the screen responsiveness bug immediately returned after the stock kernel flash. So I went back to NoThrill's kernel. Currently on 204MHz minimum for 2 days and no SODs so far (fingers crossed).

any noticeable change in the battery life? i though the 5th sleeping core in the terga 3 only ran at a 100mhz, wouldnt running any higher would bring one of the main cores online?
29th September 2012, 09:00 PM |#109  
Flag Manila

Donate to Me
More
Well, thing is, I'm a heavy tablet user (I charge it 1x a day). So... I don't notice any difference yet between setting it at 100 or 200.

Current status: no SOD still.
11th October 2012, 03:46 PM |#110  

More
Hi ive been using this rom ever since it was released. Im using the cwm released by nothrills aswell. Its been working great and much better than the stock rom till early this morning while im playing a game (order and chaos) the screen just froze. So i turned it off and on but i cant get passed the acer logo anymore. Tried to reset the tablet using a pin but still same problem. Sometimes it will get through up to nothrills bootscreen but it will just freeze there. Tried booting to cwm recovery but it will just show a blank screen after the acer logo. If somebody is kind enough to help me as im new when it comes to rooting and such. I just followed all the tutorials on how to install (cwm and rom) word by word and it worked great for a month. Pls help. Tnx

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
12th October 2012, 12:08 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 58

Donate to Me
More
Would hide root really work on this ROM? I would like to run https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Lm1vYmlhdHYiXQ.. (web tv streaming) but it does not work on rooted devices. I can not even unroot stock rom with superuser.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)