[APP] Qik that works on CM7/Gingerbread 2.3.X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Alright so up to now, I've had hell trying to get QIK working on CM7 or for any GB rom for that matter. Well look no more.....

For those that have had issues installing it or whatever....do this:
1. Download from the link and save it to your desktop somewhere
2. Connect your device to your computer and turn on USB storage
3. Once your device shows up on your computer, drag the .apk to a folder of your choice (I prefer the root of the SD card but that's just me)
4. Turn off your USB Storage and then use your favorite file manager and find the file and install it

I've changed the file to a better file sharing site because that jumbo site was a bit laggy downloading file. Oh and thanks to XDA member teh roxxorz and MagnusRagnarok, we now have three places to which to download this file from!

-KNOWN BUG IN THIS APP- **CURRENTLY WORKING ON A FIX FOR THE BUG**

WHEN RECORDING VIDEO, THE CAMERA FREEZES. VIDEO CHAT AND EVERYTHING ELSE TO MY KNOWLEDGE STILL WORKS FLAWLESSLY!

--DO NOT FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON--
http://www.4shared.com/file/mRNCIgeG/CM7_Qik.html
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19699565/CM7_Qik.apk
http://www.mediafire.com/?u48o5h9bkx7p931
--DO NOT FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON--

qrcode

Last edited:

ttkyles

Jul 3, 2009
qik

wow thanks so much ..no fc's but camera freezes when i press record any suggestions?

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
wow thanks so much ..no fc's but camera freezes when i press record any suggestions?
I've never had this problem but I noticed if I change my governor I can duplicate your problem. The way I managed to get it not to do this is by setting my CPU governor to smartass and making sure I'm not running a lot of different services in the background as this will sometimes cause for certain apps to freeze or perform below par.

Reactions: skcussrepolevedadx

ipzant

Feb 9, 2011
Run perfect!!!! ( Htc Evo 4G)(CM7 #41)
But the only problem is when I connected with another person!!!
I look upside down in the other device!!!
HOW TO FIX THAT???

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
Market offers an upgrade. Should o do it?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
I would make a backup with Titanium just to be careful and if you want, then upgrade and see if QIK finally came out with something useful.....if not, then restore back to this. It doesn't hurt.....you can always uninstall the market one and come here and download it again.,,:)

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
HOW TO FIX THAT???
I've heard of that happening, I honestly don't know why it happens to some people and for others it works perfectly. I'll look into it and see what I can dig up on it....possibly try to fix it myself.....thanks for the input!

MagnusRagnarok

Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
this has killed me for such a long time. i recently found an app called socialcam. pretty much the same concept, but i did love my qik for sharing vids of my son with fam so ive been bummed since gb till i found socialcam on accident.

sidenote;
thx a ton guys for this, those java runtime errors were killing me. testing this now and will report findings back in a bit.

HERES ANOTHER MIRROR (mediafire)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazda

muppetman462

Feb 18, 2010
Well, I installed it, and got to log in, but when I tried to record something, I got a FC after 1 second of use. Too bad, I like QIK. I do have tango on my phone, and I know that works.....
I'm running MIUI 4.15 (stock) with hardware 003

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
Well, I installed it, and got to log in, but when I tried to record something, I got a FC after 1 second of use. Too bad, I like QIK. I do have tango on my phone, and I know that works.....
I'm running MIUI 4.15 (stock) with hardware 003
I'm sorry, I'm working on fixing that! For some reason it doesn't do that on my phone but people have been reporting that left and right! For now, the main thing I wanted to share is that you can use the Video Chat feature which in previous releases by QIK, this was impossible on CM7/2.3 roms........BUT I'm trying to see what's causing this FC and I'll fix it once I find it! Do you think you can upload a logcat of the FC and PM it to me?

Last edited:

tinfox

May 31, 2010
I wish it would at least work like my friends IPhone, you go to qik.com/username and watch the camera live.

That's cool and very useful.

nc_carol

Aug 11, 2010
itty bitty town, North Carolina
I'm sorry, I'm working on fixing that! For some reason it doesn't do that on my phone but people have been reporting that left and right! For now, the main thing I wanted to share is that you can use the Video Chat feature which in previous releases by QIK, this was impossible on CM7/2.3 roms........BUT I'm trying to see what's causing this FC and I'll fix it once I find it! Do you think you can upload a logcat of the FC and PM it to me?
do you need logcats? mine freezes up if I try and record through it.
edit: well not really freezing...just stops recording. I can then hit the stop button and back out of it without issue. Just doesn't record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright so up to now, I've had hell trying to get QIK working on CM7 or for any GB rom for that matter. Well look no more.....

For those that have had issues installing it or whatever....do this:
    1. Download from the link and save it to your desktop somewhere
    2. Connect your device to your computer and turn on USB storage
    3. Once your device shows up on your computer, drag the .apk to a folder of your choice (I prefer the root of the SD card but that's just me)
    4. Turn off your USB Storage and then use your favorite file manager and find the file and install it

I've changed the file to a better file sharing site because that jumbo site was a bit laggy downloading file. Oh and thanks to XDA member teh roxxorz and MagnusRagnarok, we now have three places to which to download this file from!

-KNOWN BUG IN THIS APP- **CURRENTLY WORKING ON A FIX FOR THE BUG**

WHEN RECORDING VIDEO, THE CAMERA FREEZES. VIDEO CHAT AND EVERYTHING ELSE TO MY KNOWLEDGE STILL WORKS FLAWLESSLY!

Market offers an upgrade. Should o do it?

I would make a backup with Titanium just to be careful and if you want, then upgrade and see if QIK finally came out with something useful.....if not, then restore back to this. It doesn't hurt.....you can always uninstall the market one and come here and download it again.,,:)
    There is a problem parsing the package.

I got that too, but download it from the link, then mount as r/w in root explorer and it works. The file should be 3.5mb.

Nevermind, placed in my dropbox.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19699565/CM7_Qik.apk
    I've never had this problem but I noticed if I change my governor I can duplicate your problem. The way I managed to get it not to do this is by setting my CPU governor to smartass and making sure I'm not running a lot of different services in the background as this will sometimes cause for certain apps to freeze or perform below par.
    HOW TO FIX THAT???
    I've heard of that happening, I honestly don't know why it happens to some people and for others it works perfectly. I'll look into it and see what I can dig up on it....possibly try to fix it myself.....thanks for the input!