[FIX] No Power Menu, No Lockscreen, Corrupt Efs FIX! Skyrocket and T989

Search This thread
N

nrm5110

Dwolf I love your avatar pic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
i updated the op guys, as per request :D I also got D.O.C to give the ok for a sticky! So any other users who experience this problem will have a quick reference.

Reactions: uhhdoug

uhhdoug

Aug 24, 2010
london ontario
last line of code "goodluck"
then i ACTUALLY see a lockscreen.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I am putting a gcal notification to make a donation when i have job (unfortuantly just lost it! :( ) but I WILL buy you a few beers.

lucasm

Feb 12, 2008
Icenight: I just want to echo uhhdoug's sentiment here and say a huge THANK YOU. You saved my bacon here buddy -- I thought I was going to just have to live without a lockscreen and with the corrupt EFS.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this and glad to hear this is going to be stickied.

Jv88011

Apr 25, 2012
u guys both have corrupt efs partitions, that's why nothing saves. Once I get a proper dump I'll make a zip u can flash through cwm to fix ur problem.

To speed things along, if u know any users who have an unrooted untouched stock skyrocket let me know

If u still need untouched ones I have two nib ones I just got.

sybaek

Oct 18, 2007
I've had some issues since I flashed UCLC5 radio. My phone never had the other issues, but I was having problems running recovery full backups. It would hang during the backup indefinitely. So while I had none of the other issues, I was having problems with my EFS corrupted.

I had flashed the UCLD2 modem back, but the EFS corruption persisted through multiple wipes, and prevented me from doing a full backup in recovery. I went ahead and only installed the CWM .zip file in the first post and it seems to have eliminated the problem. I can now do full backups and my EFS appears to be in working order now.

Really want to extend a hearty thanks for the work put into this, it finally got my phone back to 100% running ICS.

cellum1

Mar 30, 2012
Does anyone have a link to reflash back to 2.3.6 and a dummies guide on how to do it?

HELP..I downloaded the new ICS for the skyrocket and my phone sucks. I cant tell you how many times ive wiped it and how many times a day I have to do a battery pull cause this phone constantly freezes

sgtpepperaut

Jul 20, 2006
HELP..I downloaded the new ICS for the skyrocket and my phone sucks. I cant tell you how many times ive wiped it and how many times a day I have to do a battery pull cause this phone constantly freezes

yeah i am having the same problem.

flashed note modem onto i727 which presumably corrupted the EFS partition. applied method 3 fix from here which made powermenu and lockscreen work fine again. However [ROM]SKY ICS--- 4.2D-9 keeps freezing and shut down keeps hanging has well. very annoying.

factory reset, cleared cashes many times and reinstalled SKY ICS but the problem still persists. i am also experiencing some force closes before shutdown when entering recovery via rom manager.

i would appreciate any assistance :)

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

ohh and which modem are u using ? blaze 4g by any chance?

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010

So heres the deal. Both of u still have the uclc5 aka note radio installed. Flash a different radio, flash my fix, flash a different rom. Problem solved

yeah i am having the same problem.

flashed note modem onto i727 which presumably corrupted the EFS partition. applied method 3 fix from here which made powermenu and lockscreen work fine again. However [ROM]SKY ICS--- 4.2D-9 keeps freezing and shut down keeps hanging has well. very annoying.

factory reset, cleared cashes many times and reinstalled SKY ICS but the problem still persists. i am also experiencing some force closes before shutdown when entering recovery via rom manager.

i would appreciate any assistance :)

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

ohh and which modem are u using ? blaze 4g by any chance?

sgtpepperaut

Jul 20, 2006
hey. i flashed about 4 different radios before reflashing the new room.... hmm the powermenu issue was fixed but new ICS still freezes occasionally and turning device of from powermenu gets stuck too. :(

actually i went back to my nanroid from sky ics rc7.4 speed and running a vk1 modem now and things seem to work fine. but as soon as i flash the new sky ics the problem are coming back.

could be an issue with the new ICS 4.2D but other people dont have the problem so i am assuming that there is a connection.

thx for the fix btw. at least i have my powermenu and lockscreen back :)

Quintin1988

May 14, 2012
Method 3 GT-I9100

Hi ice.
Im from south africa.
I have flashed to ICS using odin, but I have the same problems as described.
No Lock screen, no power menu.
I also have to toggle sim card pin reguest each time the phone starts up for it to join the network. (So i can phone and sms people)

I have tried method 1, and I could create the file, and it stays there after rebooting, but all problems remain.

My question is: Will method 3 be applicable to my I9100 (Normal Galaxy S2)

Thanks,
Hope to hear from you soon.

Quintin

Datron

Apr 15, 2012
I'm interested to hear a reply to Quentin's questions as well. Cheers in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your phone shuts straight down after pressing the power button and your have no lock screen, read below for solution. Before you do any of this, please note that this was caused by the note radio, aka uclc5, and if u still have it, please remove it! Also causes include a corrupt efs partition. This guide will help to restore key files important to the operation of your phone

There are three methods available. The first and second one are recommended. If you are uncomfortable with adb and command prompt please use method one

UPDATE: This has been confirmed as working on T989!

WARNING!
    Method 3 is only to be used if one and two fail, or if you are positive your efs is corrupt!

Original source for solution, with a few method changes by me:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1438451

METHOD ONE

1.) Use busy box installer from the market and re-install even if u have it working

2.) If step one doesn't work, install super su updater, and update it, then try step one again.

3.) Boot into cwm and dark side wipe 3x

4.) Flash rooted 2.3.5 from thread below

5.) Boot into rom and install root explorer

6). Navigate to /efs/imei/

7.) Press menu and select new file

8.) Name it "keystr" exactly as in quotes

9.) Long press keystr and select edit in text editor

10.) Type "ON" and press back, selecting save.

11.) Reboot and make sure keystr file is still present.

12.) Now u have a few options. U can flash ics back using either Odin one click (UCLA4 or UCLD2), but I don't recommend this. Flash one of the ics roms from the development section, we have great devs!

Rooted 2.3.5 zip:
    http://d-h.st/ce75z460t847

METHOD TWO

1.) You must have the Samsung drivers installed for the skyrocket, available from here:
    http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...ng_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.14.0.exe

2.) Once installed, download the attached zip, its a copy of ADB with the needed file inside

3.) Unzip to any location

4.) Boot phone into cwm

5.) Go into Mounts and Storage, and select "mount /efs". Once done connect usb cable to phone and computer

6.) Open command prompt and navigate to the unzipped adb. Issue the following command "adb devices" it should list phone

7.) Now issue the following command "adb push keystr /efs/imei"

8.) Reboot phone and check presence of keystr file in /efs/imei directory with Root Explorer

METHOD 3
    Flash attached EFSFix.zip in cwm and reboot.

A SPECIAL THANKS AND SHOUT OUT TO:
    mahausrath and Colombiano80 for providing the efs dumps i needed
    cmbrown for being a faithful tester!

hopefully we get some other biters soon, i'd like to double confirm its working lol
    k, im gonna have to take some time and think this through.
    working with iceknight as i have a stock/unrooted phone. hope i can help you guys fix your issues.
    I tried doing this and it still did not work.

I copied the imei folder to root of SD Card. Then created the keystr file and edited it ( it created the keystr & bak file just fine ). Then I tried copying the folder back to the efs folder location ( it told me it was sucessfull, however when I went into the imei folder, it still did not have the keystr file in there ( it only copied keystr.bak ).. I have a feeling there already exists a keystr file in there that may be corrupt or something.

I even tried deleting the whole imei folder ( it said it was sucessful, but as soon as I went up one directory and came back, the imei folder was still there ) - like its permanently stuck in read only mode.

as I've already said, YOU have a corrupt efs, along with some others. U were the unfortunate few who really screwed up there phone with note radio. I'm working on a fix, hang tight. I know no lock screen and lack of power menu are annoying, but your phone still works.