[ Custom ROM + Kernel ] TechnoDUOS For Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 [1.5 BDSky STABLE]

Search This thread

Skegman

Apr 28, 2012
Hi, in first place, thanks for the cookin rom for galaxy y duos, I´m expectating to put this on the phone but I have one question, this Technoversion 1.0 is valid for European phone version? I refer to the fact of CMDA and GSM brands changes or not... I hope you to understand, I´m too newbie in this area.

Sorry for my weird, non-correct writing, but I´m not used write a lot in English...XD

Greetings and thanks!

jman0

Mar 19, 2009
I've been testing the ROM for half an hour and this is what I've found:

1) It's compatible with European version of the phone, as I'm running it on a European model.

2) On the stock rom, following the bootanimation, you have an amimated Samsung logo, just as in other phones, you see the "Android" letters. Well, this is not an issue itself, but quite an annoying situation. I use Link2SD to link most of my apps to a FAT partition on SD, and Android mounts the second partition at that point. The problem is that with the sotck ROM I could see the Samsung logo, so I knew the phone was working, but taking some more time to load. But with your ROM, since there's no second logo, the screen turns completely black, and you don't know whether the phone is working or failing to boot. It would be a nice fix if you could add such an animation, so the user can see everything's ok.

All in all, it's working quite well. I'll run Antutu benchmark and othe tests, and I might also try the custom kernel when I get home (I'm at work right now). Regarding the kernel, do you know if it can be flashed using fastboot?

Thanks and keep those updates coming.

Thanks Bro,,

Soon there will be update available..
I'm going to remove password today...

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
=================================================

Thanks Bro .. (Millan.SIS)
Finally I was able to download the TechnoDuos For Galaxy Y Duos ..
But I do not understand how to install the Kernel (Untested) and functions for what?

(Sorry if my English bad,,)

Millan.SIS

Mar 20, 2012
Dhenkanal, Odisha
@jman0
it's not particular that link2sd mounts your 2nd partition at the samsung logo...
the boot animation is set in such a way that it ends when the booting process ends, just little +/-
still then there will be an update for bootanimation.
@sgyd12
kernel flashing guide updated in 1st post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Razor2

kuldeephack

May 8, 2012
Jaipur
Galay y duos [custom rom]

Feature required..
  1. Lock screen
  2. Better graphics
  3. ICS THEME
  4. 14 Status Bar Toggles LIKE IN CREEDS ROM
  5. better theme color
  6. build in themes
  7. landscape orientation
  8. tranparency level increased
  9. size can be reduced
  10. auto brigtness in display
  11. startup time reduced
  12. new call screen
  13. No Auto Sms To Mms Conversion
thers a little bug in pattern lock screen i noticed......when we charge the phone....the pattern contacts n size decreses n when we removed from charging it extracts to original size...n little alignment problem i guess..:p

Attachments

• SC20120516-161151.png
    SC20120516-161151.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 494
  • SC20120516-161221.png
    SC20120516-161221.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 460
  • SC20120516-162450.png
    SC20120516-162450.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Reactions: mustang4372

boooggy

Mar 21, 2012
Bucharest
tried and all went good
i was expecting more bloat removed but maybe in future versions.
requests
more language removed
thx
ps
one thing went not as expected
at first start i choose romanian language but then after first reboot it disappear and everything was in english uk

Last edited:

jman0

Mar 19, 2009
Well, almost 24 hrs. testing the ROM and everything is running smoothly.

I've noticed a slight performance increase, but well, from the very first moment it was noted that we shouldn't expect such a hude change with this version. Maybe next update will be significantly faster.

The only thing I've changed, using the UOT Kitchen, is the battery icon, since I found the one in the ROM quite difficult to read.

As other user has just mentioned, I'd also like to find a bigger collection of status bar toggles (or maybe a customizable status bar). I don't care much about themes right now, and I think that incresing performance, or getting more juice from the battery is more important now than having an ICS theme or nicer graphics. Performance and usability should be the main concerns when launching a new ROM.

Besides that, I'm quite happy with the current version and I hope we have an improved version soon. I will be more than glad to test it, since I have just created a backup using CWM, and I don't fear bricking the phone. And even in that case, I could always use my USB JIG.

Keep up the good work. Congratulations on being the first one to release a ROM for our phone.

kuldeephack

May 8, 2012
Jaipur
:)

Well, almost 24 hrs. testing the ROM and everything is running smoothly.

I've noticed a slight performance increase, but well, from the very first moment it was noted that we shouldn't expect such a hude change with this version. Maybe next update will be significantly faster.

The only thing I've changed, using the UOT Kitchen, is the battery icon, since I found the one in the ROM quite difficult to read.

As other user has just mentioned, I'd also like to find a bigger collection of status bar toggles (or maybe a customizable status bar). I don't care much about themes right now, and I think that incresing performance, or getting more juice from the battery is more important now than having an ICS theme or nicer graphics. Performance and usability should be the main concerns when launching a new ROM.

Besides that, I'm quite happy with the current version and I hope we have an improved version soon. I will be more than glad to test it, since I have just created a backup using CWM, and I don't fear bricking the phone. And even in that case, I could always use my USB JIG.

Keep up the good work. Congratulations on being the first one to release a ROM for our phone.

ya battery perfomance it more important..n yeah that battery sign is relly very hard to read..:p.i forgot to mention..:p

Millan.SIS

Mar 20, 2012
Dhenkanal, Odisha
@boooggy
Give those bloatware & language names (to be removed).

@jman
14 status toggle bar will be in next update
Performance & battery life mods requires the modified kernel... So test it 1st...

@kuldeep
ya, that's a bug.
it will be fixed.

@All
Requests & bug reports should be like this..

Feature Request :

Bug Report:

Don't post useless bugs or features, I'll just ignore them... Never mind coz, it takes time without the phone in hand.

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
first custom rom for duos. nice work dude.

I'm thinking several posibilities. since sgy and duos are came from same family, most of the mods from sgy might applicable for duos. the method I've used to increase internal memory in sgy could be work for duos. the kernel modules which irfan and and mikstev have developed for sgy might work for duos too. you can try it. if it didn't work we can simply delete the files in init.d to uninstall/deactivate it.

manoranjan2050

Dec 26, 2011
JAGATSINGHPUR
manoranjan2050.org
first custom rom for duos. nice work dude.

I'm thinking several posibilities. since sgy and duos are came from same family, most of the mods from sgy might applicable for duos. the method I've used to increase internal memory in sgy could be work for duos. the kernel modules which irfan and and mikstev have developed for sgy might work for duos too. you can try it. if it didn't work we can simply delete the files in init.d to uninstall/deactivate it.

yes friend u r right............ i wl try it...........

kuldeephack

May 8, 2012
Jaipur
@boooggy
Give those bloatware & language names (to be removed).

@jman
14 status toggle bar will be in next update
Performance & battery life mods requires the modified kernel... So test it 1st...

@kuldeep
ya, that's a bug.
it will be fixed.

@All
Requests & bug reports should be like this..

Feature Request :

Bug Report:

Don't post useless bugs or features, I'll just ignore them... Never mind coz, it takes time without the phone in hand.

okayyyy....:)

jman0

Mar 19, 2009
@Millan.SIS

Just tested the new kernel. It installs ok using the KernelUpdater.zip file and the phone boots, but I've had to revert to the original kernel, since this new one seems incompatible with Link2SD, or at least my setup.

The second partition on my SD is in FAT format, since my old phone (a Chinese clone) didn't support ext2. Using the stock kernel it works like a charm.

After upgrading to the new kernel, Link2SD showed no linked apps, so I tried recreating the mount script. Then, after rebooting the phone again, I still couldn't see any apps, so I tried using the new "relink" function, which I used succesfully after upgrading to Technoduos. It throws me the following error: "Link failed Operation not permitted" and I can't use any of my linked apps.

Maybe I should convert my second partition to ext2?

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

@Millan.SIS

More info:

Bug report:

1) As I said before, new kernel looks incompatible with Link2SD, at least if the second partition on the sd card is FAT

2) If you go to Google Play and try to install A2SDGUI, it will download and, just when it tries to install, the phone reboots by itself. After the reboot, nothing is installed.

faheem007

May 24, 2010
phone bricked

i had updated rom succesfully but before rebooting phone i had updated karnel file and now my phone is stucked on logo..iam in problem i dont know wht to do now.
somebody help please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deprecated

TechnoDUOS For GT-S6102 Galaxy Y DUOS

Read the terms & conditions at the bottom before doing anything !

72309351.png

Latest Stable Release : TechnoDUOS Version 1.5 BDSky S1525

Downloads : Click Here
    Screenshots : Click Here
    Guides & Troubleshooting : Click Here

97793249.png

.::[Downloads]::.

Downloads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version 1.0
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. TechnoDUOS1.0 (Stable) (Rom)
    2. TechnoDUOS1.1 (Stable) (UpdatePack)
    3. TD Kernel

Galaxy Y Pro Duos (Currently Not Under Development)
    1. Compatibility Patch
    2. TD Kernel

Version 1.5 BDSky
    1. TechnoDUOS1.5 (Stable S1525) (ROM) *New
    2. ADBLK Fix (UpdatePack) *New
    3. Arabic Support (Beta QF2) (UpdatePack)
    4. BDSky Kernel

Apps
    TechnoDuos 1.0 - 1.1
    1. Google Talk (UpdatePack)

TechnoDuos 1.5 BDSky
    1. A2SD Enabler
    2. A2SD Enabler 2 (UpdatePack) (Altrenative)
    3. Google Talk (UpdatePack)
    4. Memo (UpdatePack) *New
    5. MyFiles (UpdatePack) *New
    6. Swype (UpdatePack)

Tools
    Latest
    1. KernelFlasherV2 Updated (Flash + Backup) *New (Recommended)
    2. KernelFlasher Updated *New (Only Flash)
    3. KernelBackup (Only Backup)

Previous
    1. KernelFlasher (Only Flash)
    2. KernelFlasherV2 (Flash + Backup)

All Mirrors
    TechnoDUOS 1.5 BDSky
    1. TechnoDUOS1.5 (Stable S1525) (ROM) *New # 4shared Mirror Provided By lavadepa !
    2. A2SD Enabler (UpdatePack) *New # Mediafire Mirror Provided By mustang4372 !

Please Support TechnoDUOS !

Please Donate !
    .::[ScreenShots]::.

Version 1.5 BDSky :

user4642863pic263971343.png
    user4642863pic263981343.png
    44477568.png
    69897902.png

72288334.png
    user4642863pic263991343.png
    50285559.png
    8824653.png

user4642863pic264011343.png
    user4642863pic264041343.png
    user4655002pic272781345.png
    user4655002pic272931345.png

Thanks to | boooggy | jman0 | kaorukail | kuldeephack | lavadepa | MNgez | nitubhaskar | sgyd12 |

Version 1.0 :

ouqd5j.jpg
    s101eo.jpg
    2qnsdu8.jpg
    351vpn8.jpg

1gkh8x.jpg
    qt83.jpg
    10y0006.jpg
    55rzpk.jpg

ygpu.jpg
    219pf9e.jpg
    2ag7ry1.jpg
    2ebu460.jpg

Thanks to | manoranjan2050 |

.::[Guides & Troubleshooting]::.

INSTALATION

(First & foremost work for you is to make a nandroid backup using cwm from here.)

1. ROM (Recommended : For Flashing & Data/Cache Wiping Use Stock Recovery )
    =Copy the Rom to the root of your sdcard
    =Boot into Recovery using 3 button combo
    =Wipe data/factory reset
    =Wipe cache partition
    =Apply update from sdcard
    =Select your *ROM.zip
    =Reboot
    Starting will be slow so wait and don't force stop.

2. KERNEL
    =Copy both KernelFlasherV2-U.zip & boot.img(kernel) to the root of your sdcard.
    =Boot into Recovery using 3 button combo
    =Apply update from sdcard
    =Select CWM-6102.zip (Obtain it from here.)
    =Select update zip from sdcard
    =Select KernelFlasherV2-U.zip
    =Reboot

Kernel Flasher V2 Updated (Recommended)
    Added Current Kernel Backup Feature
    After flashing there'll be a "boot_bak.img" file in your sdcard root.
    Just rename it to "boot.img" & flash it (when required) as described above.

GALAXY Y PRO DUOS COMPATIBILITY (Beta)
    (Currently Not Under Development !)

Installation :
    =Flash the rom as described above.
    =Then flash the "Compatibility Patch" from Downloads.
    =Flash the kernel for Y Pro Duos from Downloads.

EXTRAS

1. TechnoDUOS 1.5 BDSky

i. Control The In-Built Adblocker (Flash The ADBLK Fix From Downloads Section !)

=Open a Terminal Emulator
    =Enter the following code
    Code:
    su
    adblk
    =If adblocker was enabled, it'll be disabled & vice versa.

ii. Mount System As R/W | R/O

=Open a Terminal Emulator
    =Enter the following code to mount the System as R/W (Read & Write)
    Code:
    su
    sysrw
    =Enter the following code to mount the System as R/O (Read Only)
    Code:
    su
    sysro

TROUBLESHOOTING

Currently, there's no problem that can be resolved by instructions.
    Will be updated if any...
    .::[Contributors]::.

Contributors

1. boooggy
    2. Djole-97
    3. dr.manoj_n
    4. filderge
    5. jman0
    6. kaorukail
    7. kuldeephack
    8. lavadepa
    9. MNgez
    10. mustang4372
    11. nitubhaskar
    12. samsoul16
    13. sgyd12

TechnoDUOS 1.5 BDSky Stable Version
    Special thanks to nitubhaskar for providing logcats
    Special thanks to lavadepa for complete pre-release testing

Donations

1. mousin
    2. ozasco

Special thanks for supporting this project !