[REPOSITORY]P500/P509 Stock ROMs[.zip]

Search This thread

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
I think the title is pretty much self-explanatory, but let me explain the purpose of this thread.

Back when I first rooted my phone and flashed a custom rom, I made a backup of my stock rom (as recommended). Days and months began to pass by, and I decided that I would not need the back up anymore, so I deleted it. Bad move, because later on, I wanted to go back to stock, but that meant flashing the stock rom using KDZ. To this day, I've used KDZ only once, and I don't want to use it again. I decided to make and keep a backup of the stock rom just in case.

Recently, I've been thinking about making a thread, or a repository I should say, for all the stock roms out there, both froyo and gingerbread. That way, if we want to revert back to stock, we can just flash a zip.

Also, if you want to SIM unlock your phone, this is an alternative to using KDZ.

I can see how privacy may be an issue. However, I would like to say that these backups should be backups of a clean install. When I say that, I mean they should have been made right after you flash with KDZ so that the rom is clean. This way, privacy will not be an issue (the only items in my backup are: boot.img, /META-INF, /system, and installbusybox which I added myself due to problems with su).

Keep in mind that:
1) This thread will not help you if you cannot boot into recovery. That means that if you are stuck in fastboot, emergency mode, or the LG logo, I believe KDZ is the only option left.
2) Flashing these backups will not change your baseband. You need either KDZ or LGMDP for that.
3) These zips will not overwrite your current recovery.

There are two methods of obtaining this backup:
1. Use KDZ to flash the stock rom, and then make your own zip with /META-INF, /system, and boot.img.
2. Use this tutorial.

If you are interested, please PM or post the link to your backup and specify the language of the rom.

If you found these backups to be helpful, take some time to thank the following for contributing: mak.3736, lipe082, auroszx

Last edited:

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
P500 Stock ROMs

All ROMs are unbranded unless specified.
All Froyo ROMs use the old baseband, while the Gingerbread ROMs use the new baseband.

All ROMs marked by [E] have been converted to edify. ROMs without [E] may or may not have been. If you need a ROM to be converted, just post and tell me which one.

Froyo
2.2:
[ ]v10a - Portugal
[ ]v10b - Portugal, Vodafone
[ ]v10c - Portugal, Optimus

2.2.1:
[ ]v10n - Portugal, Vodafone
[ ]v10n - Portugal, Optimus

2.2.2:
[ ]v10e - India
[ ]v10q - Portugal, Vodafone

Gingerbread
2.3.3:
[ ]v20c - India
[ ]v20d - India
[ ]v20e - New Zealand (disregard filename)
[E]v20g - Europe
[E]v20h - Portugal, Vodafone
[ ]v20i - Europe, T-Mobile

Last edited:

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
P509 Stock ROMs

All ROMs are "T-Mobile branded."
All ROMs use the old baseband.

All ROMs followed by [E] have been converted to edify. ROMs without [E] may or may not have been. If you need a ROM to be converted, just post and tell me which one.

Froyo
2.2.2:
[E]v10s

Last edited:

lipe082

Dec 25, 2010
porto
I can get you a zip of 20g-unbranded europe and 20i just pm if you want them.

And i have one zip of froyo 10_q one for oldBB other to newBB yes froyo working on new bb ;) thanks to you this one lol

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

i would really like a v20d indian stock rom...:)

I have the last indian H if im not wrong but only to flash by LGMDP. when im at home will check if it is.

edit: no its a V20E indian but only for lgmdp but in the night i can make a zip...

Last edited:

-DarkKnight-

Mar 14, 2011
Gotham

this is original optimus t rom? is the optmus t rom rooted?

if it is THANK YOU! BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS :)

PS. if I get water damage on my Optimus T, but I rooted it and installed jelly bean on it already, would i still be able to get repair

if not, if I purpously hard brick it using kdz would the T-Mobile store know I rooted it and would they replace it for me?

Last edited:

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011

And i have one zip of froyo 10_q one for oldBB other to newBB yes froyo working on new bb ;) thanks to you this one lol
I'll PM you regarding this.

PS. if I get water damage on my Optimus T, but I rooted it and installed jelly bean on it already, would i still be able to get repair

if not, if I purpously hard brick it using kdz would the T-Mobile store know I rooted it and would they replace it for me?
This is the original, stock optimus t rom :) and it is rooted.
If your phone receives water damage, I believe it should be safe if you flash the stock backup, and then unroot your phone. Your method with KDZ works too :p (at least what I have read from others).

neko95

Jan 1, 2012
www.facebook.com
> This are backups? Or flashable zips? i also converted kdz files to stock zip.. but there is something i noticed. The converted kdz.is not as smooth as stock. :( trasitions lags as hell thats what i mean.

Sent from my little fingers to your face using XDA premium app

-DarkKnight-

Mar 14, 2011
Gotham
> This are backups? Or flashable zips? i also converted kdz files to stock zip.. but there is something i noticed. The converted kdz.is not as smooth as stock. :( trasitions lags as hell thats what i mean.

But it's useful for repairs

Sent from the My Little Pony Official App

neko95

Jan 1, 2012
www.facebook.com
> based on the 1st post.. this are just stock rom from froyo to gingerbread, this wont repair anything at all, it doesnt come with the default recovery and appropriate baseband.. This will just save afraid people flashing through KDZ that has the RISK of bricking their device.

Reactions: funkateer2

sweetnsour

May 11, 2011
This is pretty helpfull thanks..

No problem :)
i want to have the flashable v20h stock rom. plz....:laugh:
Right now, I am depending on contributions from the community for such a request. I would flash the KDZs for all the stock roms if the danger of bricking weren't so high.
This thread should be a Sticky :)
Thanks to you and all contributtors :highfive:
I'm trying to expand the number of backups before getting this thread stickied.

They should all be flashable zips, but I'll double check them just in case.
> based on the 1st post.. this are just stock rom from froyo to gingerbread, this wont repair anything at all, it doesnt come with the default recovery and appropriate baseband.. This will just save afraid people flashing through KDZ that has the RISK of bricking their device.
I think what DarkKnight meant was that in case you need to send your device in for repair, you can just flash these zips instead of using KDZ.

Reactions: FPChaim

neko95

Jan 1, 2012
www.facebook.com

Right now, I am depending on contributions from the community for such a request. I would flash the KDZs for all the stock roms if the danger of bricking weren't so high.

I'm trying to expand the number of backups before getting this thread stickied.

They should all be flashable zips, but I'll double check them just in case.

I think what DarkKnight meant was that in case you need to send your device in for repair, you can just flash these zips instead of using KDZ.

> one more question :) are this already rooted?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think the title is pretty much self-explanatory, but let me explain the purpose of this thread.

Back when I first rooted my phone and flashed a custom rom, I made a backup of my stock rom (as recommended). Days and months began to pass by, and I decided that I would not need the back up anymore, so I deleted it. Bad move, because later on, I wanted to go back to stock, but that meant flashing the stock rom using KDZ. To this day, I've used KDZ only once, and I don't want to use it again. I decided to make and keep a backup of the stock rom just in case.

Recently, I've been thinking about making a thread, or a repository I should say, for all the stock roms out there, both froyo and gingerbread. That way, if we want to revert back to stock, we can just flash a zip.

Also, if you want to SIM unlock your phone, this is an alternative to using KDZ.

I can see how privacy may be an issue. However, I would like to say that these backups should be backups of a clean install. When I say that, I mean they should have been made right after you flash with KDZ so that the rom is clean. This way, privacy will not be an issue (the only items in my backup are: boot.img, /META-INF, /system, and installbusybox which I added myself due to problems with su).

Keep in mind that:
    1) This thread will not help you if you cannot boot into recovery. That means that if you are stuck in fastboot, emergency mode, or the LG logo, I believe KDZ is the only option left.
    2) Flashing these backups will not change your baseband. You need either KDZ or LGMDP for that.
    3) These zips will not overwrite your current recovery.

There are two methods of obtaining this backup:
    1. Use KDZ to flash the stock rom, and then make your own zip with /META-INF, /system, and boot.img.
    2. Use this tutorial.

If you are interested, please PM or post the link to your backup and specify the language of the rom.

If you found these backups to be helpful, take some time to thank the following for contributing: mak.3736, lipe082, auroszx
    P500 Stock ROMs

All ROMs are unbranded unless specified.
    All Froyo ROMs use the old baseband, while the Gingerbread ROMs use the new baseband.

All ROMs marked by [E] have been converted to edify. ROMs without [E] may or may not have been. If you need a ROM to be converted, just post and tell me which one.

Froyo
    2.2:
    [ ]v10a - Portugal
    [ ]v10b - Portugal, Vodafone
    [ ]v10c - Portugal, Optimus

2.2.1:
    [ ]v10n - Portugal, Vodafone
    [ ]v10n - Portugal, Optimus

2.2.2:
    [ ]v10e - India
    [ ]v10q - Portugal, Vodafone

Gingerbread
    2.3.3:
    [ ]v20c - India
    [ ]v20d - India
    [ ]v20e - New Zealand (disregard filename)
    [E]v20g - Europe
    [E]v20h - Portugal, Vodafone
    [ ]v20i - Europe, T-Mobile
    P509 Stock ROMs

All ROMs are "T-Mobile branded."
    All ROMs use the old baseband.

All ROMs followed by [E] have been converted to edify. ROMs without [E] may or may not have been. If you need a ROM to be converted, just post and tell me which one.

Froyo
    2.2.2:
    [E]v10s
    @s4meq
    Well I figured out what I did wrong. So here is V20e edified:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?22yelj7p48wgc0o
    ;)

sent from the p509 that I thought I killed again... no trouble at all :cool:

I'll PM you regarding this.

This is the original, stock optimus t rom :) and it is rooted.
    If your phone receives water damage, I believe it should be safe if you flash the stock backup, and then unroot your phone. Your method with KDZ works too :p (at least what I have read from others).