[GUIDE] How to UNBRICK your Optimus G - security error, bootloop etc

Search This thread

adam4real

Dec 5, 2007
Ok here is the procedure....yu need internt connectivity & littl patience fr hrs...!!
1. Charge the mobile for 4 to 5 hrs, don touch nythin
2. Then open device manager in ur lappy
3. Open LG SUPPORT TOOL it ll show mobile disconnected.
4. Now press volume up nd down botton nd keep holding for some time (for 5 to 6 sec).
5. Connect mobile to lappy
6. Driver vl start installing nd chk in device manager whethr can yu able to see COM port
7. If yes then ur mobile vl gt detected in LG SUPPORT TOOL.
8. Then click on recovery option from the menu(i forgt wats t name of menu) it shows IMEI no and select the phone model
9. It ll now opens new window
10. First it vl chk for phone environment lyk battry status nd all those things
11. If this chk gt success then it start downloading the latest firmware which ll b arnd 1gb....don touch ur mobile... Depends on internt connectivity it takes few hrs mins.. Grap a cup of cofee by then.. :D
12. After download complete it vl flash the kdz file and mobile start booting

This ll surely help yu nd recover ur mobile.. :thumbup:
Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

So I fried to follow your precise description, here´s what happend...
The phone was already fully charged so I went easily to 5. and could connect in Download mode. The driver (6.) didn´t start, maybe because it was already?
When 9. I choose recovery option I filled out the IMEI, model and SN AND I pressed the CHECK-buttons but nothing really happened...
Just for fun I started the next step and then the phone is analyzed, but here it stops and misses the connection and suggest for me to remove the battery and retry...

Am I completely lost here? At least I can connect in Download mode, so it can´t be that bad, no??

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
So I fried to follow your precise description, here´s what happend...
The phone was already fully charged so I went easily to 5. and could connect in Download mode. The driver (6.) didn´t start, maybe because it was already?
When 9. I choose recovery option I filled out the IMEI, model and SN AND I pressed the CHECK-buttons but nothing really happened...
Just for fun I started the next step and then the phone is analyzed, but here it stops and misses the connection and suggest for me to remove the battery and retry...

Am I completely lost here? At least I can connect in Download mode, so it can´t be that bad, no??

Ya.... Can yu confirm that COM port can be seen in device manager....??..

adam4real

Dec 5, 2007
Ok.. It got detected.... Open support tool nd see whthr it shows phone connected or nt....??

This time as I opened the Support Tool, it started installing the driver, and showed that the phone was connected. As it opened a new window and began the analysis it unfortunately stopped and said there was a communication problem between the phone and the pc (running windows 8)
It tells me to unplug, remove the battery and try again...

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
This time as I opened the Support Tool, it started installing the driver, and showed that the phone was connected. As it opened a new window and began the analysis it unfortunately stopped and said there was a communication problem between the phone and the pc (running windows 8)
It tells me to unplug, remove the battery and try again...

If yu ve windows 7 32 bit give a try.... Coz i tried in that ly.... Surely yu can recover it coz its juz soft brick....

MintyAnt

Feb 26, 2013
Hello,

Tried step 1. Entered my phone (LG Optimus G, att version e970) type and serial# correctly.
The program waits a minute, and then .net crashes with an "Index Out of Bounds" error or somesuch.

Anybody else get this? I basically can't continue until I get that .kdz file for an E970 LG Optimus G :/

Thanks

adam4real

Dec 5, 2007

Now I used a different laptop, installed LG PC Suite, but when I choose recover in the program and fill in my IMEI and S/N the phone is not recogniced... so if I start up anyway it starts to analyze like before, but stops after 20% and says that theres a communication error between the phone and pc and I should take out the battery.

Furthermore the phone is not visible in the device manager/filesystem.

Could I earlier on have installed something wrong while running LGNPST? a wrong .dll or bin file perhaps?

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

If yu ve windows 7 32 bit give a try.... Coz i tried in that ly.... Surely yu can recover it coz its juz soft brick....

Now I used a different laptop, installed LG PC Suite, but when I choose recover in the program and fill in my IMEI and S/N the phone is not recogniced... so if I start up anyway it starts to analyze like before, but stops after 20% and says that theres a communication error between the phone and pc and I should take out the battery.

Could I earlier on have installed something wrong while running LGNPST? a wrong .dll or bin file perhaps?

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

If the phone's COM port is detected yu wont face ny prob.... Juz try lgnspt once.... Aftr 85% it ll ask yu to unplug nd plug ur device.... Juz unplug thr device then press nd hold vol up nd down button nd plug in the device then clik ok nd the flash ll cont... Choose lg970 dll nd bin file.... Before that install the drivers....!!

adam4real

Dec 5, 2007
If the phone's COM port is detected yu wont face ny prob.... Juz try lgnspt once.... Aftr 85% it ll ask yu to unplug nd plug ur device.... Juz unplug thr device then press nd hold vol up nd down button nd plug in the device then clik ok nd the flash ll cont... Choose lg970 dll nd bin file.... Before that install the drivers....!!

Well, now it´s developing... after 85% it comes up with an error:

Process: Upgrade_Masterbin
SubProc: Masterbin Download
Cause: Fail to write Partition aboot, 60185088th Sector

??

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
Trying again--- and again!
This time it seemed to work... It went all 100%... now I have my phone in Download mode I clicked OK... What should I do next?

Now open the lg support tool nd click recovery option frm the menu.... It ll auto detct the imei no then yu select the phone model nd click chek....!!

adam4real

Dec 5, 2007
Now open the lg support tool nd click recovery option frm the menu.... It ll auto detct the imei no then yu select the phone model nd click chek....!!

It keeps asking for the numbers even when I enter both IMEI and SN... Should I just run the update anyway??

Hmmm, I did and it stop during the analysis like before... its as if it doesn´t accept my SN and IMEI... could these have been ****ed up if I earlier have been unlocking using the wrong .dll and bin??

God, this is beyond my capabilities, thank you for helping me!!

Last edited:

adam4real

Dec 5, 2007
On that fast boots screen press volume down twice then press power should bring you into cwm

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda premium

Hi Sorry for interrupting , but I seem to have similar problems. The worste is that I didn´t install a custom rom before... So now I am in TWRP, but can´t access a rom... What can I do? Someone wrote something about pushing a rom with adb?? I cant mount in TWRP, it just asks me which partitions I´d like to mount...

Can you help me out, I am exhausted from trying all kinds of things...
All I wanted was the Avatar rom!

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For whatever reasons (improper rooting/flashing, power outage during updating, freezing/removal of LG bloatwares or simple bad luck etc), if you bricked your Optimus G and is stuck with a Security Error or in a bootloop, fear not, as long as you can put it into Download and Recovery Mode, all is not lost.

I got the korean version of the (almost) Optimus G (Optimus LTE2, f160k) and ran into the same security error problem that happened out of the blue.

The steps that I undertook below resolved the problem for me and has been proven to work on Optimus G by fellow members.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34516791&postcount=29

1) Download the latest KDZ from LG's server for your phone via the app below (kudos to the creator)

http://www.mediafire.com/?cgeb6o5osy2yl9c

2) Make sure you have LG United Drivers already installed, otherwise download from below

http://www.mediafire.com/?82nt1aeh04aqa3m

3) Download LG KDZ Updater

http://www.mediafire.com/?sj5y073xal03ntw

4) Download the manual adb wipe batch file

http://www.mediafire.com/?ru7erfxsz7p7s3p

5) Put your Optimus G into Download Mode by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone, holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.

6) Unzip the downloaded updater zip file and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Use the settings below

Type: 3GQCT
    Phone Mode: CS_Emergency
    KDZ file: navigate to the folder which you have saved the downloaded KDZ from the step (1)

Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to finish

7) Your phone will restart itself when IParam = 90 is displayed and proceed slower until you see IParam=1 again (which signals the end of flash, you can safely exit the program then and remove the cable from the phone). If phone boots up normally, congrats, skip the steps below and proceed to use the phone as per normal.

However, this most probably will not be the case for newer Optimus-es, as the data partition somehow wasn't wiped even when KDZ-ed, remaining 'dirty', thus causing bootloop or security infringement.

8) If the phone is stuck at the booting up LG/Telco logo, you will need to manually wipe the data partition.

9) Force the phone off by holding the power button for appx 15secs.

10) Put the phone into recovery mode by holding the volume up and home button concurrently, then press the power button. Let go of all the buttons after you see the LG logo on screen for the 2nd time and the screen goes blank thereafter (backlight may still be on). The phone will kind of reboot and then enters recovery mode. Repeat the process if you did not get it the first time.

11) With the phone in Recovery Mode, connect it to the computer, wait for the drivers to load (if doing it for the first time), unzip the wipe batch file downloaded earlier from step (4), double click on wipe.bat to execute the wipe command.

12) Your phone will auto reboot when wiped and (hopefully) boot as per normal.

Hope with this simple guide fellow members will feel safer when rooting or removing non essential LG wares from their Optimus G.

:)
    Ok I have figured it out. If anyone is having a similar issue here is what you do:

First follow the guide in this thread, if you are still stuck at boot logo even after the manual wipe power off your phone, hold down the power and volume down keys to enter factory reset mode and click power again to confirm a factory reset. This worked like a charm for me :)
    I have E973 from Bell and it's been bricked since sunday after renaming couple of system apps.
    I am trying to follow the instruction above but i can't download KDZ file with LG firmware downloader bc it just would not take my SN.
    Error msg is "unsuccessful in connecting to server orphone infomations is wrong!"
    Could anyone upload KDZ file for Bell E973 somewhere on the net that i can download?

It would be much appreciated..

Go here, replacing <yourimei> with your actual imei (just numbers, nothing else), it'll spit out a bunch of text including an address with the kdz.

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=<yourimei>
    Thanks for your response! So this method only works for the Sprint version??

as far as i know this this methode may work for sprint/att altho i think lgnpst is better/easier but only available for sprint and att phones

the kdz method is what roger/bell/telus, korean, japan use to recover
    I have E973 from Bell and it's been bricked since sunday after renaming couple of system apps.
    I am trying to follow the instruction above but i can't download KDZ file with LG firmware downloader bc it just would not take my SN.
    Error msg is "unsuccessful in connecting to server orphone infomations is wrong!"
    Could anyone upload KDZ file for Bell E973 somewhere on the net that i can download?

It would be much appreciated..

2nd thracky's view.

would recommend u do it on the PC, use the app, enter your model E973, enter your imei (15 digits, usually means omitting the the last 0 or digit), shd be able to download your KDZ.

:)