• Yes

Votes: 54 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 31.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
If/when you get the G3, will you put it in a case immediately?

I used to never use cases until I dropped and cracked my Note 2, so now I've always used cases. I didn't mind using one on the G2 since the back was a glossy, slippery plastic and I didn't care for it, but the G3 looks awesome and I'd hate to cover it up.

USFguy

Mar 5, 2011
Tampa

I used to never use cases until I dropped and cracked my Note 2, so now I've always used cases. I didn't mind using one on the G2 since the back was a glossy, slippery plastic and I didn't care for it, but the G3 looks awesome and I'd hate to cover it up.

I plan on 2 cases, 1 minimal case for everyday and 1 dual layer for when I know it'll be more likely to take a tumble.

badelemental

Jan 4, 2011
Bangalore

I always use a case to protect the phone. It actually increases the resell value as the phone seems like new after removal of case.

Reactions: DiamondJay20

DiamondJay20

Jun 11, 2011
case, possibly a mophie if that 3000mAh can't handle the 4k too well, and if it does, then Incipio. I'm not a fan of otterboxes. Both because I don't ever wanna spend 100+ to repair a cracked anything: I like my phone DAPPER. Also for resell value as well. Thats how I buy new ones.

catlog

Dec 5, 2012
If I do end up getting a G3, I'll certainly get a case. If I were to guess, a case has saved my Nexus 4 at least twice.

ikenvape

Oct 5, 2010
East PA
I had seen in a background of one of the summary videos a Tridant stand with an array of different colors. Though Tridant does make pretty thick cases so I'll probably stay away from it. Definitely looking for something with a slim design. Probably get another Diztronic

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
I dont why I dont like the round back of the g3 :( amazing device and specs but the rounded back feels and looks bad in my point of view.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

tacotester1

Feb 4, 2014
east l a

I saw these cases I've used a poetic case for one of my previous devices it worked out pretty well
its on of the first G3 cases ive seen.

Last edited:

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
No case why ruin the look of that baby with a case

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Would you be saying the same thing if you dropped it and cracked the screen? *knocks on wood* That you don't be I'm curious how many people would say the same once they drop it and have to buy new phones or get it repaired.

Me, I always get a case since I like to protect my investment and better to be safe than sorry. Plus, having a case has saved my phones in the past.

-Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

defiantbeast

Sep 22, 2008
Philadelphia
Would you be saying the same thing if you dropped it and cracked the screen? *knocks on wood* That you don't be I'm curious how many people would say the same once they drop it and have to buy new phones or get it repaired.

Me, I always get a case since I like to protect my investment and better to be safe than sorry. Plus, having a case has saved my phones in the past.

-Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

I hear you but I stopped using cases on my phone going back to the nexus one. I may get a ding or 2 here and there but, knock on wood, I've never cracked a screen. I do use screen protectors and most recently have fallen in love with tempered glass screen protectors.

Protagoras

Feb 26, 2014
London
I never use cases or screen protector on phones, I keep them naked as god intended :)
In 15 years with mobiles, I never dropped any of them once.

I usually have a case ready for when I go on holidays, to the beach or in any place where I'll toss the phone in a bag. Apart from that, nope.

liamR

Feb 14, 2007
It's a problem. When you use a case you keep your phone safe from breaking and scratching, but you lose the light weight, the small size and the ergonomic design. I think I'll try to use it without a case this time.

dadsterflip

Aug 31, 2010
There are slim cases that don't ruin the phone. I am going to get a clear case made my ringkle I think.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
There was a time when I used to swear by the biggest bulkiest cases to protect my device like a baby for resale purposes. But after many years of seeing that I pretty much never drop my phone (due to the way I handle it) and I'm buying these nice feeling slim devices all the time but the whole time I am just holding a thick piece of rubber in my hand and never actually getting to feel the device design, I decided I am done with cases.

Thanks to the recent introduction of tempered glass screen protectors to the market, I can now have piece of mind that in the rare case I drop my phone screen-side down I would still be able to use it without worrying about a single damage to the display itself. I swear by caseless devices ever since I had the Galaxy S3 and I have not regretted the decision since. Of course, such scenario doesn't work for everyone if you are not OCD-like careful with your devices like I am and are prone to drops quite often. In that case I would recommend a high quality ultra-slim case if you want to maintain the design/feel of the phone with just a slightly different material (matte/rubberized plastic cases can actually feel pretty nice, kinda reminds me of the Nexus 5).

stunt_101

May 6, 2013
i normally don't like to put a case on my phone as it'll disturb the aesthetic intention of the design. however, if its a slim case that doesn't interrupt the design of the phone, then i might consider one.

Hendrickson

Aug 24, 2008
Denia, Spain
www.youtube.com
There was a time when I used to swear by the biggest bulkiest cases to protect my device like a baby for resale purposes. But after many years of seeing that I pretty much never drop my phone (due to the way I handle it) and I'm buying these nice feeling slim devices all the time but the whole time I am just holding a thick piece of rubber in my hand and never actually getting to feel the device design, I decided I am done with cases.

Thanks to the recent introduction of tempered glass screen protectors to the market, I can now have piece of mind that in the rare case I drop my phone screen-side down I would still be able to use it without worrying about a single damage to the display itself. I swear by caseless devices ever since I had the Galaxy S3 and I have not regretted the decision since. Of course, such scenario doesn't work for everyone if you are not OCD-like careful with your devices like I am and are prone to drops quite often. In that case I would recommend a high quality ultra-slim case if you want to maintain the design/feel of the phone with just a slightly different material (matte/rubberized plastic cases can actually feel pretty nice, kinda reminds me of the Nexus 5).

I'm the same, rarely drop my phone nowadays and now I use premium screen protectors so the tempered glass protector I just ordered should help the screen from any serious damage.

Not since my S4 do i use cases. Jut make the phone more bulky and ugly. Didn't help my s4 screen just breaking in my pocket from heat change.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I always use a case to protect the phone. It actually increases the resell value as the phone seems like new after removal of case.
    No case why ruin the look of that baby with a case