Stock recovey - how to enter?

Search This thread

lasdle

Jun 4, 2014
Good evening,

I back up my stock ROM and flashed stock recovery and when I'm entering the recovery it's showing me black screen and after some time red triangle in the middle but nothing more. How I can enter to the menu and flash OTA? Please help!

Cheers!
lasdle

D

Deleted member 5444902

Hold volume up and then click the Power button.
That's it.
You can then say "Flash from sdcard" and flash the OTA zip.

lasdle

Jun 4, 2014
Select update from internal storage, not SD card, you don't have one.

"Mount SDCard failed 1 times
Mount SDCard failed 2 times
Mount SDCard failed 3 times
Mount SDCard failed 4 times
Mount SDCard failed 5 times
Can not mount SD Card. (No such file or directory)
I:Write host_mod: 0 done"

Then if I select "apply from phone storage" I get

"Check cid failed!
--invalid operation--"

then the phone reboots...

I don't know what is going on. I did flash some other stock recovery but the same resoult. Any ideas?

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
the 5 fail to mount SD card is normal, like I said in my last post, you don't have an SD card that's why its failing to mount it.

if you are trying to manually apply the OTA it wont work unless you are S-OFF, if you are S-ON then you will just have to wait till HTC send it to you.

"Check cid failed! means you have downloaded the wrong update for your device, your phone CID and the update CID don't match, for this very reason I suggest you stay S-ON, because if you were s-OFF it would of flashed it and your phone would now be bricked.

Last edited:

lasdle

Jun 4, 2014
the 5 fail to mount SD card is normal, like I said in my last post, you don't have an SD card that's why its failing to mount it.

if you are trying to manually apply the OTA it wont work unless you are S-OFF, if you are S-ON then you will just have to wait till HTC send it to you.
at
"Check cid failed! means you have downloaded the wrong update for your device, your phone CID and the update CID don't match, for this very reason I suggest you stay S-ON, because if you were s-OFF it would of flashed it and your phone would now be bricked.

Ok mate, but what kind of update you are talking about? I was on cyanogenmod before and I did guru reset stock ROM then I've downloaded the stock recovery - that's it. When I'm entering into stock recovery it's showing me mount error... so I can't even try to flash OTA update :(

In fact I am S-ON, hboot 1.55

How long I have to wait to get the update? When Im checking software update there is nothing at all! And I really would like to switch this lame stock rom to other as soon as possible!

lasdle

Jun 4, 2014

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
You will first have to put TWRP recovery back on your phone.

I used that guru reset file too a few days back and got an update straight away as soon as I had finished setting the phone up.

lasdle

Jun 4, 2014
Hmm.. I did flash guru reset again and still nothing... I'm going to wait till tomorrow and then we'll see.