Anyone here pull the trigger on the SM-P907A?

Search This thread

dnanj

Feb 5, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Stopped by the ATT store yesterday afternoon and got so close to pulling the trigger. Then I remembered that for ~$150 less, I was able to get the 64GB SM-P900 model with the free keyboard offer from Best Buy.

I personally like the idea of being able to use my tablet on the go, but $899 for this 32GB LTE model seems rather steep.

Regardless, I'm still on the edge of picking up this ATT variant and was curious if anyone had done so already or considering the same.

I'm definitely all ears on the pros and cons and would also like to get some feedback with regards to performance, battery life, and firmware updates. I figure that real world performance is negligible between the wifi and lte model, but would like to hear from those that got to use both models.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

dnanj

Feb 5, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I've seen at least one person that's picked up the AT&T model and hoping to hear from him on his experience.

jmedlin

May 4, 2013
I picked my AT&T note pro the day it was released (last Friday), and so far I absolutely love it. I have had the Note 10.1 for quiet some time and was a little skeptical about spending $900 just to upgrade. But after just a few days with it I am very glad I "pulled the trigger". The screen resolution is amazing, even compared to the Note 10.1 The speed seems a lot quicker as well, even without root and debloating. As far as battery life I getting around 10-12 hrs of screen time, that's a combination of WiFi and LTE. Hope this helps.

Reactions: dnanj

dnanj

Feb 5, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for the feedback on your experience with the AT&T model of this beast of a tab. I actually picked up the US 64GB version of the P900 use it with a mobile hotspot device and it's been working well for me so far. Still, I'd much rathet not carry around a mobile hotspot just to get online. I just wished they released a 64GB LTE model.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks for the feedback on your experience with the AT&T model of this beast of a tab. I actually picked up the US 64GB version of the P900 use it with a mobile hotspot device and it's been working well for me so far. Still, I'd much rathet not carry around a mobile hotspot just to get online. I just wished they released a 64GB LTE model.

I'm doing the same only with a 32gb model. Choice for me came down to root, at which point it was a no-brainer . . wifi version had it, US carrier versions didn't and I didn't want to risk slower development times for them.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
True, to be honest though with root I've already done enough to my tablet to not worry about custom ROM's for now. Still hoping for a slimmer rom to be developed but I probably won't jump on it right away.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

digichris

Jan 7, 2012
Outer Space
True, to be honest though with root I've already done enough to my tablet to not worry about custom ROM's for now. Still hoping for a slimmer rom to be developed but I probably won't jump on it right away.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

What have you done to your note since rooting? This is the first device I've owned that doesn't have any ROMs available. Not sure what do with it when I take it out of the box...usually it's a quick dead pixel check, then goodbye stock.

Looking forward to this device and xda community!

Got overnight shipping on my Note Pro, can't wait to get it tomorrow :D

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
What have you done to your note since rooting? This is the first device I've owned that doesn't have any ROMs available. Not sure what do with it when I take it out of the box...usually it's a quick dead pixel check, then goodbye stock.

Currently running Pie Controls and GMD Gesture Control to assist in application switching and other quick shortcuts. Not sure if I'll keep both I'm relying on Pie Controls more.

With Titanium Backup I've frozen a bunch of applications including Allshare, ANT applications (3 of them), samsung's backup app, Blurb Checkout, Business Week, Cisco Webex, E-Meeting, ELM Agent, Facebook (I use the web page), FWUpgrade, Gallery (I use Gallery KK), Play Newstand, KLMS Agent, Magazine Widget, Music (I use Google Play Music), My Magazine (I use Nova Launcher, the stock launcher sucks), Netflix, NY Times, Pagebuddy Service, Remote Controls and Remote PC app, Samsung Push Service, Scrapbook (no intention of using it), SideSync (dont have other samsung phones), Software Update, Weather and Briefing.

Freezing those applications keeps them from loading even as cached apps freeing up space in RAM to cache other apps that i frequently use.

In addition I uninstalled all Knox related apps.

For other mods I'm using Xposed Installer to do things like per application DPI settings to render things in smaller fonts, block ads, disable nag screens (location consent, modify share menus, modify complete action windows etc.), control what starts at boot (boot manager) as well as a few other tweaks.

Reactions: nyxee

digichris

Jan 7, 2012
Outer Space
Currently running Pie Controls and GMD Gesture Control to assist in application switching and other quick shortcuts. Not sure if I'll keep both I'm relying on Pie Controls more.

With Titanium Backup I've frozen a bunch of applications including Allshare, ANT applications (3 of them), samsung's backup app, Blurb Checkout, Business Week, Cisco Webex, E-Meeting, ELM Agent, Facebook (I use the web page), FWUpgrade, Gallery (I use Gallery KK), Play Newstand, KLMS Agent, Magazine Widget, Music (I use Google Play Music), My Magazine (I use Nova Launcher, the stock launcher sucks), Netflix, NY Times, Pagebuddy Service, Remote Controls and Remote PC app, Samsung Push Service, Scrapbook (no intention of using it), SideSync (dont have other samsung phones), Software Update, Weather and Briefing.

Freezing those applications keeps them from loading even as cached apps freeing up space in RAM to cache other apps that i frequently use.

For other mods I'm using Xposed Installer to do things like per application DPI settings to render things in smaller fonts, block ads, disable nag screens (location consent, modify share menus, modify complete action windows etc.), control what starts at boot (boot manager) as well as a few other tweaks.

Cool, thanks for the info. Did you use towelroot, and what ver of the note pro do you have?

Gatsrom

Oct 5, 2010
But no harm was done if towelroot failed? I might give it a go when I get home from work tonite. Just got my Note in the mail on my lunchbreak, wooohooo!

It seems to have literally just failed to do anything for me. No root, no trigger, it's like I never ran it.

wojo797

Jan 20, 2011
Towel root Def works... I used it, the issue I had was with super user... don't download it from the playstore. Geohot is the man

911jason

Nov 1, 2010
Los Angeles
No custom ROMs and no root for Lollipop on the 907A... I ended up going back to KitKat so I could have root and Xposed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I read in another thread that the keyboard deal ended May 29th. I'm curious about the AT&T one myself.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I picked my AT&T note pro the day it was released (last Friday), and so far I absolutely love it. I have had the Note 10.1 for quiet some time and was a little skeptical about spending $900 just to upgrade. But after just a few days with it I am very glad I "pulled the trigger". The screen resolution is amazing, even compared to the Note 10.1 The speed seems a lot quicker as well, even without root and debloating. As far as battery life I getting around 10-12 hrs of screen time, that's a combination of WiFi and LTE. Hope this helps.

Any tips on rooting the SM-P907A with Android 5.1.1?
    Plus installing custom ROMs?