Adjusting DPI messes up lockscreen

Search This thread

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi all,

Just rooted my S5 and adjusted the DPI in my build.prop to 400. Works great except my lockscreen alignment is all off. Any quick fix?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Ainvar

Aug 25, 2007
NoVA
Hi all,

Just rooted my S5 and adjusted the DPI in my build.prop to 400. Works great except my lockscreen alignment is all off. Any quick fix?

Same for me, I haven't been able to find much on it, but I think it is part of TouchWiz framework, not 100% sure though.

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Same for me, I haven't been able to find much on it, but I think it is part of TouchWiz framework, not 100% sure though.
Yeah I never had the issue on my S3 but I was running a custom CM based custom ROM. I'm surprised that there isn't more mention of it as I would think there are a lot of people changing their DPI once rooted.

Ainvar

Aug 25, 2007
NoVA
Yeah I never had the issue on my S3 but I was running a custom CM based custom ROM. I'm surprised that there isn't more mention of it as I would think there are a lot of people changing their DPI once rooted.

Very true, I am on VZW so no custom ROM for me as of yet. I just got the S5 for a good deal. I am coming from a Moto X DE and LG G2. I miss both but I also like a few things with the S5. But the 480 DPI on this phone makes me feel like I'm running 640x480 on a 21" LCD.. Very sad that they cant allow different resolutions for large screen devices at the least.

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Very true, I am on VZW so no custom ROM for me as of yet. I just got the S5 for a good deal. I am coming from a Moto X DE and LG G2. I miss both but I also like a few things with the S5. But the 480 DPI on this phone makes me feel like I'm running 640x480 on a 21" LCD.. Very sad that they cant allow different resolutions for large screen devices at the least.
I have been using xposed App Settings app to adjust DPI on an individual app basis and it is a decent workaround.

Tapped it!

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Anyone found a quick fix to this issue at hand (misalignment on lockscreen)?

If so, which App Settings app would be used to control the lockscreen DPI? I'm pretty sure lockscreen was part of SystemUI but won't that change my system DPI as well?

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
The lock screen is park of Keyguard.apk or something to that effect.

Also, SystemUI is only the status bar and similar things.

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Free mobile app

Keyguard helped make the circles on the fingerprint lockscreen bigger - but it is leaning more to the left because the lockscreen is scaled.

motiv77

Jun 21, 2011
So nobody has any idea how to fix this? It's the only thing that's keeping me from changing the dpi :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Not sure if everyone already figured this out but setting the systemui to 480 in app settings does fix the lockscreen issue. You just have to make sure that you reboot the phone. Unfortunately systemui controls a lot of the things that I want to have the lower DPI such as status bar. I then had to set 480 for the camera and the incallui to fix them.

Tapped It!

nicholaschum

Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Not sure if everyone already figured this out but setting the systemui to 480 in app settings does fix the lockscreen issue. You just have to make sure that you reboot the phone. Unfortunately systemui controls a lot of the things that I want to have the lower DPI such as status bar. I then had to set 480 for the camera and the incallui to fix them.

Tapped It!

SystemUI is basically most of the phone and the reason why people adjust it below stock in the first reason.

I might as well stick to stock DPI...LOL

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
So nobody has any idea how to fix this? It's the only thing that's keeping me from changing the dpi :(

There is no fix for the lock screen. Samsung compiles all the firmwares with only one dpi in mind. To fix it someone would have to decompile keyguard.apk and increase all the values to the specific dpi. Pretty big project.

Reactions: motiv77

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I wish the status bar and quicksettings were separate from the systemui then we could probably take care of them with the app settings xposed mod too

Tapped It!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is no fix for the lock screen. Samsung compiles all the firmwares with only one dpi in mind. To fix it someone would have to decompile keyguard.apk and increase all the values to the specific dpi. Pretty big project.