Screen of my HD2 broken [PHOTO] any tutorial (or videotutorial) to change it?

Search This thread

nuki

Nov 29, 2009
Hi:

This is my new HD2 :eek::eek:

htchd2.jpg

Even when broken, the display is working properly (I can open programs, make calls...)

I've seen on eBay a screen and tool to replacement:

for HTC HD2 HD 2 II Leo LCD Digitizer Touch Screen+Tool

...but I have no idea how to change the screen and I need a toturial (or video tutorial) to change the screen

¿Can you help me?

Thanks

nuki

Nov 29, 2009
open nuts with it :)

when I left the car, hd2 I fell down from the seat :(

Last edited:

drewX2

Feb 28, 2006
San Diego
eek... that happens all the time to me with past phones... now I am really scared. Your leather case didnt do anything to save it eh?

You may want to check out Cnn.cn. It's a great website for buying spare parts too.

http://cnn.cn/shop/htc-hd2-oem-digitizer-p-7979.html

They are selling it for $65.99. They usual post how-to videos also. I suggest maybe looking at comparable phones.

Last edited:

nuki

Nov 29, 2009
Thanks drewX2 and inku79 for the links.

DaveMC1979, thanks. Very useful. But there isn't any picture of how to separate the LCD from the touchscreen, or how connect this:

IMG_9282dt.jpg

Does any other site, or videotutorial tutorial? :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot for your help

alexnvidia

Sep 29, 2006

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
Ouch sorry to hear about this. I read somewhere about it is better to get a kit with the LCD and digitizer together. Some people seemed not to have luck trying to separate and replace and put back together. Just what I read, I have no idea.

Good luck and hope you get it going soon.

nuki

Nov 29, 2009
Thanks bobsbbq. Some questions:

1.- Then, if I bought together (touchscreen and LCD) it would be easier to replaced them

2.- Where can I buy them together?

Thanks bob

mideel

Oct 10, 2008
I dont have instructions for you how to swap the display, but I can say the following: I had an Samsung Omnia, and the resistive touchscreen there was very bad. But there was an replacement which seemed to work much better. So I bought a new LCD + digitizer and started to disassemble the whole phone. I have to say, I'm not very good in disassembling electronics or reparing them. But after an hour of hard work where I sometimes had a bad feeling by pulling out the different flat-cables, the touchscreen was replaced and worked like a charm.
What I wanted to say with my post: I think you can do it, if you have the right equipment and some time. Good luck.

Last edited:

hsvchriis

May 5, 2005
I broke the screen on my Diamond2 and tried to fix it myself, but broke it beyond repair.
Be careful!

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
Thanks bobsbbq. Some questions:

1.- Then, if I bought together (touchscreen and LCD) it would be easier to replaced them

2.- Where can I buy them together?

Thanks bob

I don't know I found it here in one of the threads when I was just browsing and looking in about screen protectors and screen sensativity. There was a thread with a video, but I did not watch it. Just look around or try to search.

Sorry I can't help more.

OliveUK

Dec 6, 2008
London
oh man... I feel for you. You can check out a thread in the Accessories section of the HD1. Basically you are better off buying TouchScreen and LCD preassembled and replace the whole thing

fredskis

Dec 14, 2008
Brisbane
Same thing happened to mine although the damage is lesser. Is the bezel around the glass (same piece of plastic that makes the back cover) damaged?
Mine is chipped heaps in the corner :(

I successfully replaced the screen on my Touch HD but was unable to remove the LCD screen from the digitizer so had to purchase a whole kit for about $200.

I can't find any for the HD2 though :(

To the people saying so: are you sure that the LCD is stuck to the digitizer like in the Touch HD or just speculation / thinking you read it somewhere?

oshikawa

May 7, 2007
Suction Pad..

Hi:

This is my new HD2 :eek::eek:

Even when broken, the display is working properly (I can open programs, make calls...)

I've seen on eBay a screen and tool to replacement:

for HTC HD2 HD 2 II Leo LCD Digitizer Touch Screen+Tool

...but I have no idea how to change the screen and I need a toturial (or video tutorial) to change the screen

¿Can you help me?

Thanks

Hi there,

I remember seeing the inside of the HTC HD2 online once and the screen had a suction pad on in it abit like this one. Maybe you should investigate that. I will post the link if I can find it.

You may also want to check your warranty you never know.

vermania

Nov 10, 2008
Unlucky mate!

I've dropped mine a couple times from about waist height (6ft 4) face down on to concrete thought it was a goner but some how it survied! I feel lucky now.

Have you not got insurance to get it fixed or replaced saves hassle looks like a ***** of a device to take apart.

Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ouch sorry to hear about this. I read somewhere about it is better to get a kit with the LCD and digitizer together. Some people seemed not to have luck trying to separate and replace and put back together. Just what I read, I have no idea.

Good luck and hope you get it going soon.
    Can't way to see the pics!
    And any advises, if there is anything to say, would be great!

dropped my phone from 50cm today, I love my HD2 but this smells like a fault in design, am I wrong?:(

Get the Digitizer with the LCD attached with it. It will save a lot more money than the labor it would to remove and replace the digitizer but itself. I've done it to 3 HD2s and from my experience its the best way to do it right.
    can anyone point me to a trustworthy ebay item please?

Edit: sorry for the way too large pic in this topic :eek:

Do you have the US version or the world version phone?
    international, thanks

For instance item number: 160484272444 on eBay would work. You might try to find some one selling on eBay close to your country. If they have good feedback, then it should be legitimate.