[Q] Firmware availability in UK

Search This thread

dweaver1

Jul 5, 2012
Clitheroe
I got the 'SIM free' version of the phone, because I thought this would avoid those awful 'carrier delays'
I have tried the update several times (PC support) but just get 'your firmware is up to date' - yet I am still on 17.1.A.2.55 (yet 17.1.1.A.0.402 has been released for a couple of weeks).
How can I tell when it's available (other-than keep trying 'PC support') ?

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
I got the 'SIM free' version of the phone, because I thought this would avoid those awful 'carrier delays'
I have tried the update several times (PC support) but just get 'your firmware is up to date' - yet I am still on 17.1.A.2.55 (yet 17.1.1.A.0.402 has been released for a couple of weeks).

Not many variants of .402 have been released. Keep an eye out here.

BurtieBL

Mar 21, 2013

My Z2 is locked to EE but even they released the update last week. Really surprised the sim free version hasn't been released in the UK yet.

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
It is getting a bit silly, most in the UK are still stuck on .55 but there has been .69 & now .402 Maybe they are doing it the way samsung do updates in that it the carrier branded ones that get the update first then unbranded.

stress40

Hey peeps :D I took this from Sony UK support site:

Latest available software
You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.
Android version: Google Android 4.4 (Kitkat)

Latest available software: 17.1.1.A.0.402

Release started: 2014-05-23

To find your device’s current software version:
Settings > About phone > Build number / version

SO it seems that .402 is available in the UK.

Hope this helps :good:

ron3000

Mar 4, 2013
Manchester
Hey peeps :D I took this from Sony UK support site:

Latest available software
You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.
Android version: Google Android 4.4 (Kitkat)

Latest available software: 17.1.1.A.0.402

Release started: 2014-05-23

To find your device’s current software version:
Settings > About phone > Build number / version

SO it seems that .402 is available in the UK.

Hope this helps :good:

Its still not available for unbranded phones

TheMathMan

Dec 30, 2009
Brighton
I imagine they release staggered and cover the largest number of customers at once, namely carrier phones. SIM free probably accounts for the least stock out in people's hands.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk