[Q] Can't access recovery

Search This thread

SxcKieranGrr

Oct 3, 2010
Hi im hoping someone can help me.
I rooted my phone using the easy root method, I had philz dual recovery and flashed a rom. I installed superSU from the play store (when I should have flashed it) and now I can't access my recovery. I've tried rerooting and reflashing using all three methods for installing the recovery and none are working. Does anyone have a solution to this, I've got a backup of my stock rom etc. but I cant access it or recover it without a recovery. Im pretty much lost on this, I posted in the recovery thread but it didnt get answered.

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Hi im hoping someone can help me.
I rooted my phone using the easy root method, I had philz dual recovery and flashed a rom. I installed superSU from the play store (when I should have flashed it) and now I can't access my recovery. I've tried rerooting and reflashing using all three methods for installing the recovery and none are working. Does anyone have a solution to this, I've got a backup of my stock rom etc. but I cant access it or recover it without a recovery. Im pretty much lost on this, I posted in the recovery thread but it didnt get answered.

When you flash a rom when using a recovery for locked bootloaders then it deletes the recovery

You have to reinstall your recovery

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SxcKieranGrr

Oct 3, 2010
When you flash a rom when using a recovery for locked bootloaders then it deletes the recovery

You have to reinstall your recovery

Thanks for the reply. I've tried doing that but it won't work, I dont know if it has something with Superuser? it says it cant update the binaries. Either way I've tried all 3 options on the process to install the recover (install with SuperSU, Install with SuperUser and install on unrooted rom)

Last edited:

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Thanks for the reply. I've tried doing that but it won't work, I dont know if it has something with Superuser? it says it cant update the binaries. Either way I've tried all 3 options on the process to install the recover (install with SuperSU, Install with SuperUser and install without root)

ReRoot with Doomlords Rootkit in the original development sections

Then reinstall your recovery

SxcKieranGrr

Oct 3, 2010
ReRoot with Doomlords Rootkit in the original development sections

Then reinstall your recovery

I've tried but I didnt work I have firmware 17.1.1.A.0.402 I dont know if thats the problem. I dont know if im actually rooted, I can grant apps superuser access but i downloaded a rootchecker and it says I'm not. When I try to root using doomlords its fine until the service menu bit, the screen doesnt blink and put me back to the menu it just lets me into the screen I pressed.

Last edited:

SwiftSmoke

Apr 30, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 II
Could you link me to the installer I cant find it.

heres the link for NUTs download page, http://nut.xperia-files.com/ file your looking for is

Z2-lockeddualrecovery2.7.129-BETA.installer.zip (10.59MB)

this appears to be the latest version and is 17th link from the bottom of the right hand list :)

the flashable zip is just left of the installer :)

It should mean if u install a new rom and lose recovery just run the installer from windows and it should give u back recovery :D

SxcKieranGrr

Oct 3, 2010
heres the link for NUTs download page, http://nut.xperia-files.com/ file your looking for is

Z2-lockeddualrecovery2.7.129-BETA.installer.zip (10.59MB)

this appears to be the latest version and is 17th link from the bottom of the right hand list :)

the flashable zip is just left of the installer :)

It should mean if u install a new rom and lose recovery just run the installer from windows and it should give u back recovery :D

Thanks, unfortunately thats what I have been using to try and regain recovery. Any other ideas? Im really struggling, I thought maybe if I unrooted and just re-rooted correctly it might help but I can't find an FTF file for my network I can only find unbranded which I very much doubt would work.

spuri78

Oct 2, 2007
Bris Vegas
I'm in the exact same position. I flashed monx 438 rom and I don't know what happened, I can't get into recovery either. I'm on unlocked bootloader. I have tried flashing the boot.img from 438 advanced stock kernel but at the command prompt it keeps on saying waiting for device. I have root access.

Last edited:

slangza

Sep 13, 2010
Cape Town
Same here.

I have a stock .402 ROM, unlocked bootloader and rooted. Have flashed the recovery a few times, and still cant get into it. Even when trying to access recovery via cmd prompt "adb reboot recovery"

I too am in the same boat... I rooted my phone, primarily to add the kitkat sd card fix, which works...
Then I went through the motion of unlocking bootloader, which I assume worked cos it wiped my phone clean. Had to reinstall everything...
Then I went through the motion of installing Cwm recovery. This went through OK. Well according to the command prompt it did.
But still I can't access recovery. I get no flashing LED lights before the Sony logo comes up, and then it just boots into normal phone mode.
I am on UK 3 network if it makes any difference......
I'd really love to be able to access my recovery cos I'm dying to apply the dual speaker and volume hack....
Don't know where to go from here..........

Just to add, I flashed to firmware 402 (uk unbranded) and re-rooted the phone and re-installed cwm recovery, but I get no led lights and no recovery mode. Oh well, just like a number one hit for 'the who', it was never meant to be....lol

Last edited: