CM7 DX2 - Issues so far

Search This thread

hoganw

Jan 21, 2012
One minor and a couple of major issues...

- Notification drop-down stops accepting touch input but can still be slid up and down. Reboot fixed

- Battery life is horrible. It's better with wifi set to turn off when the screen turns off, but I'm still losing about 10% per hour. With the stock 2.3.4 ROM I was able to go 16 hours and only drop to 80%. I've read maybe I need to let the battery discharge completely so that it can calibrate? I'll try that today.

- Cell connectivity is sketchy now. I've had problems making calls. Full bars, then it tries to connect and the bars drop to 0 temporarily, then come back up and the call fails. My SMS send success rate is about 75%, sometimes down to 25%. I've had multiple text messages fail to send and some texts I end up receiving minutes and sometimes hours later. This is a huge problem.

Overall I think this is a great leap forward and the phone is very fast now, but with the battery life and sketchy cell problems I may have to go back to stock.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

hoganw

Jan 21, 2012
I wish I could get this to be stable, and I understand it's still beta, but I have to go back to stock. If I didn't need the phone and SMS functions to be reliable then I'd stick with it, but I need my phone for work. :(

I'll keep an eye on how things progress and maybe try again down the road, but chances are I'll be upgrading to a Galaxy Nexus in a couple of weeks anyway. At least then I can use my X2 as a toy and not care about carrier stability. :D

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
I think these problems are rare, sorry. I do share the "wifi not reconnecting" but wifi fixer is a work around. This is a super daily driver. There was a screen blackout but I found non-compatable themes to be the problem.
We need a "This works check list kind of thread" so people know what does work. FWIW.
edit
This is the best battery life I have had on any rom.

Last edited:

hoganw

Jan 21, 2012
Yeah, I also had the wifi not reconnecting problem but that was trivial. I'm back to stock now, the last straw was the phone not even reconnecting to 3G, I lost all data connectivity. :( I could deal with the battery and such, but the cell/data connectivity problems are a definite no-go for me.

CadenH

Sep 26, 2011
I think these problems are rare, sorry. I do share the "wifi not reconnecting" but wifi fixer is a work around. This is a super daily driver. There was a screen blackout but I found non-compatable themes to be the problem.
We need a "This works check list kind of thread" so people know what does work. FWIW.
edit
This is the best battery life I have had on any rom.

Maybe you can start one of those threads.

I also notice a fast battery drain but the rom hasn't settled in yet and it may need more time to do so.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Last edited:

hpark21

Feb 15, 2010
My issues are (minor):
One of my game can not be played (Siegecraft - after downloading the game data, the system ends with "network error") all my other games play fine, so I don't know why.

Gallery app constantly re-starts when trying to view pics. No work around it. If anyone can suggest a good gallery replacement app, please let me know, I tried Gallery Plus (I think that is what it is called) and it also did the same thing.

Major issue (Maybe not an issue):
My wife claims that some phone calls are not going through (it rings from her end, but I am not hearing the ringing on my phone for some reason - I had 5 missed calls listed on my phone). That said, 3 or 4 test calls I made came through without any issues so maybe it is the issue with the ringer not being high enough for me to hear?

Overall, so far, except for the missed calls (which may not be an issue at all) it is a very good daily driver and hopefully after things settle down a bit more it will get even better.

zeb carter

Navigation/Maps/Latitude issue with GPS

When I go into Navigation or Maps or Latitude, especially Navigation, there is a constant message at the bottom of the screen "Searching for GPS".

When looking at Maps, you see the current position but the area is in a fuzzy circle. It didn't happen when I was on stock rooted 2.3.4.

I did see an option to use an external BT GPS but the external is not enabled.

Any ideas?

[EDIT] [Solved] After a reboot, GPS is working fine.

Last edited:

smallzfsu

Jan 21, 2012
Notifications Blah

One minor and a couple of major issues...

- Notification drop-down stops accepting touch input but can still be slid up and down. Reboot fixed

I had this same problem, reboot fixed but only temporarily as it returned last night again. As of right now I can't get the notification bar drop down to accept input without a reboot. I'm borderline on this being a showstopper as I live off of the notification bar...

I've poured through the settings, but haven't found anything that fixes it. I have the notification bar power widget turned on, turning that off hasn't made a difference either. I'm going to leave it off and reboot, and see if it comes back.

Do you have the notification power widget turned on?

Moon Shadow - NM

Jul 14, 2011
Albuquerque
For everyone having problems with CM7, I HIGHLY recommend going in and wiping both cache and dalvik-cache. (Not a data wipe.) This has fixed pretty much every problem I have run into with CM7.

Now for downloading large files, I have found that I have to use tasker to create a "power profile" that never turns off the screen. I do not have the WIFI loosing connection issue that has been reported, however I have noticed (on stock as well) that when the screen times out, downloads all fail or stop. Just my 2 cents. :D

Ciao!

hoganw

Jan 21, 2012
For everyone having problems with CM7, I HIGHLY recommend going in and wiping both cache and dalvik-cache. (Not a data wipe.) This has fixed pretty much every problem I have run into with CM7.

Even though this was done after applying CM7 in BSR? Not sure why doing it again would make any difference, but stranger things have been known to happen. :D

Now for downloading large files, I have found that I have to use tasker to create a "power profile" that never turns off the screen. I do not have the WIFI loosing connection issue that has been reported, however I have noticed (on stock as well) that when the screen times out, downloads all fail or stop. Just my 2 cents. :D

Ciao!

I'm not sure if people have tried this, but it works for me...

Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> WiFi Settings -> (menu button) -> Advanced -> WiFi Sleep Policy

By default it's set to turn wifi off when the screen turns off but can be set to "Never."

eddieb1983

Nov 24, 2010
I would like to report the only problem I have had with CM7 on my DX2 is one of my apps not restoring data I backed up before flashing. Other than that, I LOVE THIS ROM! I used this ROM on my old Dinc and absolutely loved it then too. I feel at home with CM7, and since this is only a beta version, I can't wait for the final release!

smallzfsu

Jan 21, 2012

I wiped cache and dalvik (even though I did it in the install steps as well) and the frozen notifications problem has not resurfaced for me. I will post again if it returns, but thanks for the tip moon shadow!

Last edited:

hoganw

Jan 21, 2012
Well, I guess I'll give it another shot. Getting back up and running is almost second-nature now, hooray for backups. haha

I'll wipe, flash, boot CM7, reboot, wipe again, and see if things behave any better. I just went back to stock a few days ago and I'm ready to kill it again. Only 2.5 weeks to upgrade devices! :D

BreatheALittle

Jan 23, 2012
The Land of Sun and Fun
So I've read through the CM7 development threads and through this one regarding some of the issues. I am currently running on Liberty. Since I am still learning the Android world (read: I'm freaking clueless), would you guys suggest changing over to CM7, or staying with Liberty?

Thanks! (from the girl who's trying to learn...) :D

maggard5

Dec 24, 2011
So I've read through the CM7 development threads and through this one regarding some of the issues. I am currently running on Liberty. Since I am still learning the Android world (read: I'm freaking clueless), would you guys suggest changing over to CM7, or staying with Liberty?

I have never run the liberty rom but i do recommend cm7. The only issue I've had is with wifi. It loses connection sometimes. I downloaded wifi fixer from the market. It doesn't fix the problem but it does reconnect wifi for me. Some have this problem and some don't.

Make a nandroid and give it a try. If you don't like it you can always go back to liberty.

Sent from my cm7dx2 using XDA App

Reactions: BreatheALittle

BreatheALittle

Jan 23, 2012
The Land of Sun and Fun
I have never run the liberty rom but i do recommend cm7. The only issue I've had is with wifi. It loses connection sometimes. I downloaded wifi fixer from the market. It doesn't fix the problem but it does reconnect wifi for me. Some have this problem and some don't.

Make a nandroid and give it a try. If you don't like it you can always go back to liberty.

Thanks so much!! I found the directions to give it a try, and realized it was waaaaay more complex than what I felt comfortable doing on my own. Plus, it said I would have to install it from Gingerbread... so that would be 2 installs to complete. May have to wait for my tech guru for this one! However, I'm excited to check it out!

(By the way, I realized that on the couple posts I have, you have helped with both of them. Double thanks. :) )

maggard5

Dec 24, 2011
Thanks so much!! I found the directions to give it a try, and realized it was waaaaay more complex than what I felt comfortable doing on my own. Plus, it said I would have to install it from Gingerbread... so that would be 2 installs to complete. May have to wait for my tech guru for this one! However, I'm excited to check it out!

(By the way, I realized that on the couple posts I have, you have helped with both of them. Double thanks. :) )

Good luck with whatever you decide but it really isn't as complicated as it sounds. Moonshadow has created some great tutorials to guide you through each step. And you are welcome for the help.

Reactions: BreatheALittle

smallzfsu

Jan 21, 2012
Well, I guess I'll give it another shot. Getting back up and running is almost second-nature now, hooray for backups. haha

I'll wipe, flash, boot CM7, reboot, wipe again, and see if things behave any better. I just went back to stock a few days ago and I'm ready to kill it again. Only 2.5 weeks to upgrade devices! :D

Looks like the notification issues returned for me, great timing. I noticed this time, that one of the notifications that is stuck there is partially Swiped off to the left. I took a screenshot but I'm a nub here and can't post the link.

On another note, I continue to have the wireless problems... dx2 keeps trying to connect, sometimes says disabled. I have set it to never turn off in the screen timeout section. Very weird...

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App

Last edited:

hoganw

Jan 21, 2012
Well, I went and reinstalled CM7 last night. I was diligent about clearing both caches both before and after install, and again a little later after reinstalling apps, plus I also cleared the battery stats.

Don't want to jinx it, but so far so good. Battery life has been very good, I easily went 16 hours and the battery was still > 50%. No call or SMS issues and no notification bug yet. We'll see how things work over the next couple of days...

xMopx

Oct 13, 2010
I've got horrid battery life (down to 60% in 5 hours of LOW use) and some wifi issues (sometimes has a hard time connecting, sometimes not).

I'm going to try the davlic and cache wipe and report back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ciao!
    For the pull down toggles, settings>cyanogenmod settings>interface>notification power widget>widget buttons.

Good luck with whatever you decide but it really isn't as complicated as it sounds. Moonshadow has created some great tutorials to guide you through each step. And you are welcome for the help.

this is a known bug. there is a way to have working dsp, search android development.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

this is also a known bug. no fix.

When I was on cm7 I uninstalled dsp manager, flashed beats audio zip, then installed a aftermarket equalizer. No more problems lol.

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2