Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918

Search This thread

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
Can someone please give me the link to download the Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918(Without D/M/N)
Custom ROMs for the same make are also welcomed.
I errored with mine and I had never backed up.
Thanks

Reactions: hmartin1

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Can someone please give me the link to download the Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918(Without D/M/N)
Thanks

1.here is your reference

I am not responsible for any damages caused to your phone if you do the wrong way !
never flash a rom not made for your phone

2.if not sure about that ROM then use Alcatel OneTouchUpgrade to flash a stock ROM from Alcatel site
you need drivers so install Android SDK and OneTouchUpgrade also take a look at this thread browse through pages for more details about installation but never flash that ROM this is for OT-908 only !

Last edited:
Reactions: dirlan2001

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
ROM for Alcatel OT-918 not OT-918N, nor OT-918D, neither OT-918M

Thanks ruscan.calin
But the ones in the site are for Alcatel OT 918D/M/N and my phone is OT-918
I tried but...it failed.
I tried with the Alcatel Program and it says the phone is upto date.
Thanks

Last edited:

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Thanks ruscan.calin
I tried but...it failed.
Thanks

how it failed ? did you try to flash it by recovery ? It doesn't work because recovery mode is made to flash only signed/official updates and Alcatel never released such an update do this: try again to flash and check your sdcard for .log files and post here that content I guess you get an "signature verification " error
well, you need a custom recovery to make it works ! tell me more ! what's about these models 918/918d/m/n where is the difference between them ?because if you try to download kernel sources there is only one source so these phone should be almost the same..

Last edited:

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
This is how it happen

Let me tell you about all...
I was phone had Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
This is how it started,
I rooted by phone successful and it has been working well for sometime...
I intended to install Root Call Blocker but it always told me that there is insufficient space.
I switched off and on again to recovery by Pressing the + Volume key and Power button.
This took me to recovery where I cleared,Cache,Dalvik Cache and Data.
When I rebooted it, it failed to start and just shows the Android logo and stops and it has never gone beyond there.
I have tried using the custom roms available at the link in @ alcatel918 dot weebly dot com/2-custom-recovery.html but the all install successfully but the phone fails to go beyond the logo.
That is why I am requesting anyone with such a phone running the same version to assist me with by may be backing up boot,recovery,data and cache and link up.
Thanks alot.

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Let me tell you about all...
I was phone had Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
This is how it started,
I rooted by phone successful and it has been working well for sometime...
I intended to install Root Call Blocker but it always told me that there is insufficient space.
I switched off and on again to recovery by Pressing the + Volume key and Power button.
This took me to recovery where I cleared,Cache,Dalvik Cache and Data.
When I rebooted it, it failed to start and just shows the Android logo and stops and it has never gone beyond there.
I have tried using the custom roms available at the link in @ alcatel918 dot weebly dot com/2-custom-recovery.html but the all install successfully but the phone fails to go beyond the logo.
That is why I am requesting anyone with such a phone running the same version to assist me with by may be backing up boot,recovery,data and cache and link up.
Thanks alot.

now I see... yes was a mistake about backup.. always make backups
well, it's dubious.. One Touch Upgrade is not working for you let me tell you: usually Alcatel give you the chance to flash again stock rom by connecting to their server by One Touch Upgrade but it seems is not working for you a chance is to send them a message but don't tell you rooted etc just say "is not working" you already know that I have an Alcatel phone too but for me there is a stock rom in zip format also One Touch Upgrade is working tell theml about that :how to recover ?
well, I perform some search and update this post ...

use this link to tell Alcatel about your problem I used it in the past and they answered me..

also do this check: power off then press Menu (big button? it seem you don't have it? well that middle button.. Home button) keep it pressed then connect to PC keep it pressed !! at this moment Windows should search for a driver then start One Touch Upgrade and try for update !

PS
I just performed some search now I can tell you for sure there is big difference between 918 and the others 918D etc (kernel sources are not the same!)

Last edited:

marcorennes

Jul 21, 2012
Rennes
Thanks

Hi !

Have you find a solution for the original ROM?

I've tried to install custom ROM but I've install ROM of alcatel 918 M/N/D ...

Help pleaaaaaaase !!!

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
@ marcorennes

There is no available custom ROM for Alcatel OT-918 running Android 2.3.6..
I am still searching/looking for someone having the same make so that I can safely have his/her backup.
The available custom ROMs are for OT-918 N/M/D.
Incase of anything...I will post on this forum.

marcorennes

Jul 21, 2012
Rennes
There is no available custom ROM for Alcatel OT-918 running Android 2.3.6..
I am still searching/looking for someone having the same make so that I can safely have his/her backup.
The available custom ROMs are for OT-918 N/M/D.
Incase of anything...I will post on this forum.

May be this link can help ...

h ttp :/ /sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
May be this link can help ...

h ttp :/ /sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/
yes but there are sources for kernel only you need Android sources for your phone too
the single way is to get a recovery backup from somewhere...
to compile kernel sources take a look at this post

I can't believe that One Touch Upgrade is not working for your phone

Last edited:

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Yes, it just says that Mobile is up to grade and stop the software ...

well, find a recovery backup or request help from Alcatel tell them your phone is working but you have some software problems and you think an update/ reflash should solve it so ask them how to get update because One Touch Upgrade says that phone is up-to-date
they will answer you : I used this service in the past

Last edited:

marcorennes

Jul 21, 2012
Rennes
well, find a recovery backup or request help from tell them your phone is working but you have some software problems and you think an update/ reflash should solve it so ask them how to get update because One Touch Upgrade says that phone is up-to-date
they will answer you : I used this service in the past

Thank you. I have wrote to alcatel.
In fact I wonder if my alcatel si still guaranted even if I have rooted it ...
My operator can changed it next week. The phone Will be send to alcatel for a diagnostic but I dont know if they can find root or something like that. If yes i have to pay a big fine ...

marcorennes

Jul 21, 2012
Rennes
Thank you. I have wrote to alcatel.
In fact I wonder if my alcatel si still guaranted even if I have rooted it ...
My operator can changed it next week. The phone Will be send to alcatel for a diagnostic but I dont know if they can find root or something like that. If yes i have to pay a big fine ...

I found THE solution of our problem man !!!!!
I found it !

I assume you have already Flash Tools and One Touch Upgrade 1.8.2

Step 1 : Download the file '2.3.5_Europe.zip' (file attachement)
Step 2 : Open Flash Tool
- Option --> Check USB MODE
- Option --> Backup Restore NVRAM --> Check Backup --> .....
- Scater-loading File --> "MT6573_Android_scatter.txt" (in 2.3.5_Europe)
- Click DOWNLOAD
Step 3 : Wait up to the end.

When it's finished, open One Touch Upgrade and do an Upgrade ;)

It works very well now !!

Bye !

M@rCo (french developper)

Attachments

• 2.3.5_Europe.zip
    52 KB · Views: 3,483

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
@ marcorennes

Thanks very much marcorennes,
It worked for me though it is showing me that the phone has two SIMs instead of one.
How can I go about that?
My Alcatel is OT-918 (without D/M/N).
What you gave me is for OT-918 D.
Give me way forward...but thanks

marcorennes

Jul 21, 2012
Rennes
Thanks very much marcorennes,
It worked for me though it is showing me that the phone has two SIMs instead of one.
How can I go about that?
My Alcatel is OT-918 (without D/M/N).
What you gave me is for OT-918 D.
Give me way forward...but thanks

Yes, I have an Alcatel OT 918 (without M/D/N) too and I have the same thing (2 sims and 918d).

I think we have now kernel sources for the OT 918d and we can now install custom ROM for 918d in our OT 918.

I'm not sure but I will try (If it's fail, I will do the same thing to restore it).

I think it's better to have the firmware of the 918d instead of ... nothing ;)

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
@ marcorennes

It is worth...
But let me ask...did your ever back the above files in your original OT-918.
By the way how do you back it up?
If you did,I would like to have a copy
I am very very grateful.

marcorennes

Jul 21, 2012
Rennes
It is worth...
But let me ask...did your ever back the above files in your original OT-918.
By the way how do you back it up?
If you did,I would like to have a copy
I am very very grateful.

Hi !

I don't understand you're problem ... The files I shared work in you're phone no ?

I've put the zip files in my original OT-918 (with the manipulation described above) and I used the Alcatel One Touch Upgrade Update software.

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
@marcorennes

It looks like you never understood me..
What I meant is..
Did you ever backup the original 3 files you posted before your flashed your phone with the ones for OT-918D?
I followed your instructions and I have a working phone though showing two SIMs.
I have a friend that is planning to acquire OT-918(without D/M/N) just like the ones we have.
I wanted so that I can use his images to restore back to my original system..
Thanks man

marcorennes

Jul 21, 2012
Rennes
Ok ! I understand ! ^^

No, I have never backed up the originals three files ... I tried to install a custom ROM but I did it without thinking (it was a custom ROM of a 918 D) ...

The only way I found to have a working phone is to put in my phone the three files I posted (original files for a 918d)... And I don't know how it works but it works ! ;)

But when you're friend will have his phone, can you send these files for me please ?

Thanks !

Kenavo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM for Alcatel OT-918 not OT-918N, nor OT-918D, neither OT-918M

Thanks ruscan.calin
    I tried but...it failed.
    Thanks
    Preloader for Alcatel 918 withot D/M/N

Thanks ruscan.calin
    I tried but...it failed.
    Thanks

Hi,

The linc provided by ruscan.calin is reference for OT-918N

Here are image files (preloader, dsp_bl...) for Alcatel 918 (withoud N)

://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_XoEkOh-LzYM1A2dnZyNko5ajA

Add a https to the link above :)
    Thanks
    Thanks

1.here is your reference

I am not responsible for any damages caused to your phone if you do the wrong way !
    never flash a rom not made for your phone

2.if not sure about that ROM then use Alcatel OneTouchUpgrade to flash a stock ROM from Alcatel site
    you need drivers so install Android SDK and OneTouchUpgrade also take a look at this thread browse through pages for more details about installation but never flash that ROM this is for OT-908 only !
    Hi,

The linc provided by ruscan.calin is reference for OT-918N

Here are image files (preloader, dsp_bl...) for Alcatel 918 (withoud N)

://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_XoEkOh-LzYM1A2dnZyNko5ajA

Add a https to the link above :)

just wanted to post my feed back and say thanks..it worked..i used the link above and flashed everything in the folder with the latest flash tool v3.1316. on booting, the phone never booted but recovery worked..so i used another recovery.img from the folder Orange_Pasadena_OT918_root.zip and UPGRADED THE FIRMWARE with flash tools. Basically you replace the recovery in the link above folder with the new one and upgrade the phone. After that, now with the new recovery, i was able to successfully flash the custom rom ICS v5 by Mark and everything works great now...so i guess thats how you unbrick a Safaricom Alcatel ot918 ( without n,d,m...)

Use google to find Orange_Pasadena_OT918_root.zip (24 mb) and ICS v5 by Mark (119 mb)

Thanks..Hope this helps someone.. if it does, feel free to leave a thanks.