Will XT907 ROMS work on XT905?

Search This thread

drshellgon

Nov 20, 2012

drshellgon

Nov 20, 2012
Do you know any stable CM roms? Preferably 10.1, 10.2 and 11 :)

Thanks
DrShellgon :fingers-crossed:

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
You just have to look at CM's own site. The older CM10 builds are obsoleted now, the newer CM11 ROMs are here. Since most of the CM versions have never been really "stable", there's no "stable" and "RC" labels anymore, just "Nightly" and "M Snapshot". The latest Snapshot "M7" was just released yesterday. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: drshellgon

Zahidrao

May 27, 2014
xt905 brick

when i update The latest Snapshot "M7" cm 11.it brick my xt905..

but it is my good luck that i have backup of my rom so i restore it..

some one try it ???

Zahidrao

May 27, 2014
when i try cm 11 M7 and M6 booth file after wipe data/factory reset. install zip from sdcard these error appear
in both file

this package for xt925 xt926 xt 907vanquish_u,vanquish.scorpion mini,mb866,qinarz.asanti.asanti_c,
xt897,xt897c"devices:this is scorpion_mini_u".

e:error in /sdcard/cm11 cm-11-20140505-SNAPSHOT-M6-moto_msm8960.zip (status 7) installation aborted..

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
Then it seems to be a problem with the recovery.
Do you have the latest CWM (right now it's 6.0.4.4)?

Faateh

Apr 26, 2013
Try CarbonROM, really good kitkat rom in my opinion

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

when i try cm 11 M7 and M6 booth file after wipe data/factory reset. install zip from sdcard these error appear
in both file

this package for xt925 xt926 xt 907vanquish_u,vanquish.scorpion mini,mb866,qinarz.asanti.asanti_c,
xt897,xt897c"devices:this is scorpion_mini_u".

e:error in /sdcard/cm11 cm-11-20140505-SNAPSHOT-M6-moto_msm8960.zip (status 7) installation aborted..

and as for this error you will have to add xt905 in it or remove getvar lines. google it . (not confirm. just came in my mind)

drshellgon

Nov 20, 2012
Is it possible to update to Cyanogenmod if your Razr M is already running Jelly Bean? Cos the Australian version comes preloaded with Jelly Bean and I don't know if there's any way to downgrade it back to ICS to unlock the bootloader.

Zahidrao

May 27, 2014
Try CarbonROM, really good kitkat rom in my opinion

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

and as for this error you will have to add xt905 in it or remove getvar lines. google it . (not confirm. just came in my mind)

ok after updating cmw 6.04, CM 11 and Carbon ROM working perfectly in my XT905

thanks to all for helping me

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
Is it possible to update to Cyanogenmod if your Razr M is already running Jelly Bean? Cos the Australian version comes preloaded with Jelly Bean and I don't know if there's any way to downgrade it back to ICS to unlock the bootloader.
No, your bootloader has to be unlocked. But since the Australian Razr M is not a Verizon phone, there's no need for exploits etc.
You can unlock it the official way.

Reactions: drshellgon

drshellgon

Nov 20, 2012

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
From your URL, is this the link I should be using? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1928551
Yes, according to the posts there it should be possible through Moto's site.

And additionally, even after unlocking the bootloader, don't I have to somehow downgrade back down to ICS to flash http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1928551
It's not about ICS, it's about having a firmware with an unpatched exploit for the unlock and the latest even was a JB one. But this is only for Verizon devices and there is no way to downgrade with a locked bootloader anyway.

So, if your bootloader is locked, you cannot downgrade. If it's unlocked you don't have to downgrade (because it would be only for the unlock...).

drshellgon

Nov 20, 2012
Yes, according to the posts there it should be possible through Moto's site.

It's not about ICS, it's about having a firmware with an unpatched exploit for the unlock and the latest even was a JB one. But this is only for Verizon devices and there is no way to downgrade with a locked bootloader anyway.

So, if your bootloader is locked, you cannot downgrade. If it's unlocked you don't have to downgrade (because it would be only for the unlock...).

Thanks, but one more question: with CM11 at this link here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Moto_msm8960_Info, is the 9.18.79 firmware JB?

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
It says
This can only be accomplished on stock firmware versions prior to 9.18.79
Since the builds are unified for all the 2012 Razrs, 9.18.79 is for Razr HD (yes, it's JB and the latest unlockable was JB too).

But since yesterday and the new towelroot this is already a bit outdated, because even newer KK firmwares seem to be unlockable again (until Moto patch it another time).

drshellgon

Nov 20, 2012
It says
Since the builds are unified for all the 2012 Razrs, 9.18.79 is for Razr HD (yes, it's JB and the latest unlockable was JB too).

But since yesterday and the new towelroot this is already a bit outdated, because even newer KK firmwares seem to be unlockable again (until Moto patch it another time).

Oh haha thanks so much happening with the RAZR M recently. So since this info is probably outdated, should I just wait a while for everything to get up to date before thinking about flashing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's already a thread here.
    You just have to look at CM's own site. The older CM10 builds are obsoleted now, the newer CM11 ROMs are here. Since most of the CM versions have never been really "stable", there's no "stable" and "RC" labels anymore, just "Nightly" and "M Snapshot". The latest Snapshot "M7" was just released yesterday. :)
    No, your bootloader has to be unlocked. But since the Australian Razr M is not a Verizon phone, there's no need for exploits etc.
    You can unlock it the official way.