Thanks Meter: 332

By nir36, Retired Moderator on 14th December 2010, 12:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd August 2016, 11:53 PM |#21  
Flag Soperton
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
I'm sure I'm doing this wrong. Hopefully someone can help this noob.
Today I bought the ad-free version of this site. I have some questions. Before I get into those, I would like to preface them with a short statement. Its not nice to be the last at the party and the 1st to complain. So, if no one responds, I wont feel slighted in anyway. I suppose I'm an old man to be posting and asking questions in this arena. I have spent around a year reading the post and questions on here and politely lurking in the background and not buzzed everybody wanting something done that I could do myself. A looooooooooong time ago, DOS,Win98,XP, Nokia phns, and Motorola Rzr, I used and advised ppl in forums like this. I say that to say that I do understand the culture in the groups and how ppl think and value of time.
Now, This is what I can do.
I can operate ODIN
I can operate KDZ flash tool.
can operate CDMA workshop.
I can build and refurbish screens with proper equip. (7000.00) in my shop.
I can even micro solder on boards.. Not quite as proficient as I would like as reballing chips but I can hold my own.
I can effectively operate scripts and use the basic rooting tools.
I don't have a lot of time to leisurely read and study all the guides for hours to find the one unique post to solve a problem. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME some kid crying because broke his toy before his mom finds out, I DO NOT MIND PAYING ANYONE FOR THEIR ASSISTANCE.
Now, with that being said. I don't expect anything for free. I did my "homework". I learned to reasonably operate the software. I know the difference between a img and a zip. Now, I have some advanced and some complicated questions.....
I often get a number of devices traded in or brought for repair that have been soft bricked and since its not practical to spend 6hr @50.00/hr to locate some obscure SW. and attempt to run a business, I come here.
1st a simple question. all this talk of 'locked bootloaders' and exploits, I don't understand why a phone like for example my s6 edge g925v running os 6.0.2 could not be completely wiped and the original firmware (ex 5.0.1), kernel, radio mdm, and pit be rewritten to the device?
2nd simple question, tracfone variants of vzw equip are purported to have open bootloaders. yet even if one has the firmware for the matching vzw model and in some cases the tfn firmware and having never been updated fail on every attempt to write the correct firmware. I have attempted every effort using dealer software, qcmm sw, cdma evolution level software cannot read the correct raw memory locations of firmware of the particular device.
Can someone explain the whole theory and the correct method to do this?

1 tfn sm-s902l SV variant running 4.4.2 brought to me with knox tripped. due to failed rooting attempt via 1-click/kingo root. boot loop. best I could do was to use the nk2 kernel to get the device to on every reboot device attempts to update 2 apps and content service stops and S-health stops.
customer just wants the os to be stable with out errors. could care less about knox.
at this point rooting is a bonus. restoration of stock function is all she is requesting and as such I am asking. Donations are not a problem.
2.tfn Galaxy grand prime sm-s920l bootloop. failed rooting attempt by local kid. I repaired phn by replacing board out of broken screen one I had in junk pile. would like to restore os to resale as used phn or loaner.
3. lg g3 d850 att. mcafee lock. customer brought for broken screen. repaired. Customer original owner provided pin and device refuses to accept pin after daughters attempted factory reset. any suggestions. (already googled and contact both lg and att.
4.lg cricket variant stylo. customer attempted root. failed and now bootloop. I saw a thread about this but cant locate a kdz file online I have another exact same device on used shelf. Can someone suggest the proper sw to use to extract the firmware and create the proper file from img to kdz to load back to phn?
Ok. Those are my questions. I have team viewer and a stable 8mbs connection if anyone wants to do. donations are cool with me if someone can help point me in right direction.
I can provide addition info in pm or here as necessary.
If there is anyone still reading this, thank you for your time and I would appreciate any help.
Again, its not that I don't want to learn but I have a business to run. I want to learn but I cant spend forever on these things. If you can help me, efficiently solve this problems and show me where I am stuck I will be sincerely greatful and will compensate you as necessary.
If you want to lord you knowledge over me in some ego way just save it. I don't have time for ego games.
Thanks for you time,
Francis

ps. if I seem to have an attitude, its because I don't find arrogance a positive quality. Its a sorry person that wont help themselves and a worse person that can help and doesn't out of sheer petulance.
The Following User Says Thank You to facorbin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift facorbin Ad-Free

25th August 2016, 08:48 AM |#22  
Account currently disabled

More
Hii i am noob
I'm sure I'm doing this wrong. can anyone help me to find cm for j1 ?
2nd September 2016, 10:34 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
ADB command to dial Code, exmaple *#0#
Hi everyone,
I am wondering if there is any way to run *# codes on android using adb command
I have tried this:
Code:
service call phone 2 s16 "*#06#"
tried with % instead of # as well.
(I need this so i can run test [Vibration, Speaker etc] on my phone using adb, also to show IMEI number using adb.)
Many Thanks
6th September 2016, 09:30 AM |#24  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,529

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by facorbin

Today I bought the ad-free version of this site. I have some questions. Before I get into those, I would like to preface them with a short statement. Its not nice to be the last at the party and the 1st to complain. So, if no one responds, I wont feel slighted in anyway. I suppose I'm an old man to be posting and asking questions in this arena. I have spent around a year reading the post and questions on here and politely lurking in the background and not buzzed everybody wanting something done that I could do myself. A looooooooooong time ago, DOS,Win98,XP, Nokia phns, and Motorola Rzr, I used and advised ppl in forums like this. I say that to say that I do understand the culture in the groups and how ppl think and value of time.
I can operate ODIN
I can even micro solder on boards.. Not quite as proficient as I would like as reballing chips but I can hold my own.
I don't have a lot of time to leisurely read and study all the guides for hours to find the one unique post to solve a problem. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME some kid crying because broke his toy before his mom finds out, I DO NOT MIND PAYING ANYONE FOR THEIR ASSISTANCE.
Now, with that being said. I don't expect anything for free. I did my "homework". I learned to reasonably operate the software. I know the difference between a img and a zip. Now, I have some advanced and some complicated questions.....
I often get a number of devices traded in or brought for repair that have been soft bricked and since its not practical to spend 6hr @50.00/hr to locate some obscure SW. and attempt to run a business, I come here.
1st a simple question. all this talk of 'locked bootloaders' and exploits, I don't understand why a phone like for example my s6 edge g925v running os 6.0.2 could not be completely wiped and the original firmware (ex 5.0.1), kernel, radio mdm, and pit be rewritten to the device?
2nd simple question, tracfone variants of vzw equip are purported to have open bootloaders. yet even if one has the firmware for the matching vzw model and in some cases the tfn firmware and having never been updated fail on every attempt to write the correct firmware. I have attempted every effort using dealer software, qcmm sw, cdma evolution level software cannot read the correct raw memory locations of firmware of the particular device.

1 tfn sm-s902l SV variant running 4.4.2 brought to me with knox tripped. due to failed rooting attempt via 1-click/kingo root. boot loop. best I could do was to use the nk2 kernel to get the device to on every reboot device attempts to update 2 apps and content service stops and S-health stops.
customer just wants the os to be stable with out errors. could care less about knox.
at this point rooting is a bonus. restoration of stock function is all she is requesting and as such I am asking. Donations are not a problem.
2.tfn Galaxy grand prime sm-s920l bootloop. failed rooting attempt by local kid. I repaired phn by replacing board out of broken screen one I had in junk pile. would like to restore os to resale as used phn or loaner.
3. lg g3 d850 att. mcafee lock. customer brought for broken screen. repaired. Customer original owner provided pin and device refuses to accept pin after daughters attempted factory reset. any suggestions. (already googled and contact both lg and att.
4.lg cricket variant stylo. customer attempted root. failed and now bootloop. I saw a thread about this but cant locate a kdz file online I have another exact same device on used shelf. Can someone suggest the proper sw to use to extract the firmware and create the proper file from img to kdz to load back to phn?
Ok. Those are my questions. I have team viewer and a stable 8mbs connection if anyone wants to do. donations are cool with me if someone can help point me in right direction.
If there is anyone still reading this, thank you for your time and I would appreciate any help.
Again, its not that I don't want to learn but I have a business to run. I want to learn but I cant spend forever on these things. If you can help me, efficiently solve this problems and show me where I am stuck I will be sincerely greatful and will compensate you as necessary.
If you want to lord you knowledge over me in some ego way just save it. I don't have time for ego games.
Thanks for you time,
Francis

ps. if I seem to have an attitude, its because I don't find arrogance a positive quality. Its a sorry person that wont help themselves and a worse person that can help and doesn't out of sheer petulance.

I believe that your "simple" questions might best be answered by reading this:
https://source.android.com/security/...oot/index.html
This is a security measure included since android 4.4 SE (security enhanced) Linux. To break it down. There is a key burned into the device (j-fuses) that allows the boot loader to work. Boot loader verifies the kernel (boot) which, in turn verifies crucial parts of the system partition. If the kernel has been altered, it won't be loaded (although there is a fix). If crucial parts of the system are not verified by the kernel, then the system won't boot. As for Verizon variants by tracfone, I believe that these can be carrier unlocked, not bootloader unlocked. I own 2 LG Fuels, one of which has died. Both have installed custom kernel and custom recovery. The trick is that after unpacking, altering, and repackaging these images, they must be "bumped" so that a string of code key is in the proper location to be read by the bootloader. Search for "Open Bump ". I believe that once these partitions have been altered, along with any alteration of the system, any factory reset or OTA will result in a brick. There are copies (almost exact) of crucial partitions (boot, recovery, laf, etc...). Not sure as to their purposes, but have my suspicions.

Sent from my LGL15G using XDA Labs
6th September 2016, 10:39 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I may be able to help you with some of these issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by facorbin

I can operate ODIN

Thanks for you time,
Francis

Contact me via [email protected].
The Following User Says Thank You to tarindersingh100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tarindersingh100 Ad-Free
6th September 2016, 11:39 PM |#26  
Flag Soperton

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibub

I believe that your "simple" questions might best be answered by reading this:
https://source.android.com/security/...oot/index.html
This is a security measure included since android 4.4 SE (security enhanced) Linux. To break it down. There is a key burned into the device (j-fuses) that allows the boot loader to work. Boot loader verifies the kernel (boot) which, in turn verifies crucial parts of the system partition. If the kernel has been altered, it won't be loaded (although there is a fix). If crucial parts of the system are not verified by the kernel, then the system won't boot. As for Verizon variants by tracfone, I believe that these can be carrier unlocked, not bootloader unlocked. I own 2 LG Fuels, one of which has died. Both have installed custom kernel and custom recovery. The trick is that after unpacking, altering, and repackaging these images, they must be "bumped" so that a string of code key is in the proper location to be read by the bootloader. Search for "Open Bump ". I believe that once these partitions have been altered, along with any alteration of the system, any factory reset or OTA will result in a brick. There are copies (almost exact) of crucial partitions (boot, recovery, laf, etc...). Not sure as to their purposes, but have my suspicions.

Sent from my LGL15G using XDA Labs

I will contact you this evening!
thanks
31st October 2016, 02:06 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Guys I have rooted my Micromax A290 device and successfully flashed some custom Roms that are just ported for my device and everything was just fine until last night.
I was trying to flash magisk and phh's super user and I was using TWRP recovery 3.0.0 and I tried to flash magisk and everything was just going right but some scripts it showed me with red colours and last it showed done but I was little confused so I rebooted recovery but after that my device doesn't boot anymore and it doesn't even shows my manufacturer logo just blank screen and when I try to go into recovery by pressing volume down+volume up+ power button it does shows me to press volume up for recovery and volume down for factory mode but as I press volume button it again does the same thing.
And yes while charging its screen keeps getting on and off on its own.
And what I tried until now is that I tried for flashing stock ROM using so flash tool but during installing adb driver my PC doesn't recognize my device basically it does not connects to PC. Please help me guys.
3rd February 2018, 04:12 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ty
13th February 2018, 08:06 PM |#29  

More
Hii guys...Is there a way to Root 'Lenovo Tab 7'(TB-7504X)
I searched all over the Internet..even on the Xda forums there is no Root package...or anything about this device....
So if anyone knows a method please help us...and also be a first one to post it
17th February 2018, 12:11 PM |#30  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manya47

Hii guys...Is there a way to Root 'Lenovo Tab 7'(TB-7504X)
I searched all over the Internet..even on the Xda forums there is no Root package...or anything about this device....
So if anyone knows a method please help us...and also be a first one to post it

Please provide the following:
1.Kernel info.
2.Android version.
3.Is the source code available on Github?
If you have 6.x+ , flashing Magisk Systemless might work. Else, if the source code is available you can try to build an exploit based on SuperSU binary. Building Magisk binary is quite difficult.
20th May 2018, 08:47 AM |#31  

More
Umm how do I post because I need some help with a phone of my
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)