[Q] In a bit of a pickle

Search This thread

Reckoned

Mar 6, 2014
I feel like I am either about to really break my phone or fix it with this next flash, some guidance would be amazing!

Started off months ago with Sprint L720 MF9 out of the box and rooted it. Eventually I got around to loading Sacs 4.3 back in January and had no troubles. After getting the OTA update notifications again, I decided it was time to flash a 4.4 ROM and I followed this thread.

Got the NAE modem loaded, flashed philz 6.08.9, and loaded the stock MK2 ROM listed in the instructions. The phone booted and I went through the initial setup without any issues. Baseband and software both say NAE, but then I noticed I have no sound at all. The phone powers off automatically after a while as well. Loading anything from the Play store takes forever, however, the stock web browser runs just fine.

Should I be concerned about no audio or will this be resolved with going to the 4.4 ROM listed in the guide (no data wipe)? I kind of want to flash a rooted stock MF9 ROM and start over...

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Flashed to 4.4.2 and SSDD. I finally got sound back though by flashing the MK2 modem, just need wifi working now.

Last edited:

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I feel like I am either about to really break my phone or fix it with this next flash, some guidance would be amazing!

Started off months ago with Sprint L720 MF9 out of the box and rooted it. Eventually I got around to loading Sacs 4.3 back in January and had no troubles. After getting the OTA update notifications again, I decided it was time to flash a 4.4 ROM and I followed this thread.

Got the NAE modem loaded, flashed philz 6.08.9, and loaded the stock MK2 ROM listed in the instructions. The phone booted and I went through the initial setup without any issues. Baseband and software both say NAE, but then I noticed I have no sound at all. The phone powers off automatically after a while as well. Loading anything from the Play store takes forever, however, the stock web browser runs just fine.

Should I be concerned about no audio or will this be resolved with going to the 4.4 ROM listed in the guide (no data wipe)? I kind of want to flash a rooted stock MF9 ROM and start over...

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Flashed to 4.4.2 and SSDD. I finally got sound back though by flashing the MK2 modem, just need wifi working now.

Usually your sound issue can be resolved by flashing another ROM.

As far as WiFi goes I just had this problem myself. If your bootloaders NAE and your modem is MK2 , try flashing the NAE modem back. That's what fixed it for me.

I'll not up to speed on all the quirks of the sprint s4 since I'm usually using a Verizon s4 . but it seems to me that if you have a NAE bootloader, it isn't cooperating with downgrading the modem either. Never was a problem for me when my phone was on MK2 build , but with each OTA the security gets upgraded too. Almost doesn't make sense to me though as Sprints bootloaders are unlocked.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

Try NAE modem and see what happens,... bet your WiFi will be back like mine was.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reckoned

Mar 6, 2014

As far as WiFi goes I just had this problem myself. If your bootloaders NAE and your modem is MK2 , try flashing the NAE modem back. That's what fixed it for me.

I'll not up to speed on all the quirks of the sprint s4 since I'm usually using a Verizon s4 . but it seems to me that if you have a NAE bootloader, it isn't cooperating with downgrading the modem either. Never was a problem for me when my phone was on MK2 build , but with each OTA the security gets upgraded too. Almost doesn't make sense to me though as Sprints bootloaders are unlocked.

Try NAE modem and see what happens,... bet your WiFi will be back like mine was.

Yeah, I'm actually still on MF9 bootloader. I did end up flashing back NAE modem last night and battery pulled after. All is working now! Thanks.

Reactions: Mistertac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, I'm actually still on MF9 bootloader. I did end up flashing back NAE modem last night and battery pulled after. All is working now! Thanks.