[Q] New SDCard not working

Search This thread

mobilecj

Oct 14, 2009
California
I bought a 64gb sdcard for my new phone. I put my new sd in the reader and copy all my files to it from the phone plugged in to the usb. I see all the files on the computer but when i put it into the phone it doesn't read any of the files on the card. Can someone please help me getting my phone reading my new sony sd card...

regalpimpin

Jun 21, 2010
Fat32 is only good for 32gb. Check your capacity on the card, you've probably just cut it in half.

I couldn't get it to read my 128gb card, switched to a different rom and it popped right up.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium HD app

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
Formatting the card as FAT32 is a waste.

Put it in the device before you copy anything to it. That'll format it as exFAT and ensure the device can read it. Then it should be readable everywhere else.

That didn't work on my one or my buddies one either. It'll format but won't read the card in exFAT.

Why is it a waste though?

Sent From My HTC One (M8)

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
That didn't work on my one or my buddies one either. It'll format but won't read the card in exFAT.

Why is it a waste though?

Sent From My HTC One (M8)
You're killing the read/write speeds on the card with FAT32 when compared to exFAT.

I have a 128GB card formatted exFAT and it works fine in my device.

Reactions: drlzanej

mobilecj

Oct 14, 2009
California
Yea I tried again and it didn't read Sprint is sending me a hk m8 replacement maybe it'll work in that one.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
You're killing the read/write speeds on the card with FAT32 when compared to exFAT.

I have a 128GB card formatted exFAT and it works fine in my device.

Go stock and tell me if it works... Please.

Yea I tried again and it didn't read Sprint is sending me a hk m8 replacement maybe it'll work in that one.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm thinking it won't work stock, and needs to be enabled in kernel? Thats what the Verizon guys have to do. (FAT32 or enable exFAT in the kernel...)

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Go stock and tell me if it works... Please.
I've never used anything but stock kernel.

exFAT is enabled by default. When you format the card in Settings - Storage, it formats the card exFAT.

u4ytysur.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Magnum_Enforcer

roz1

Dec 21, 2007
I'm seeing very poor R/W speeds from my card. It supposed to be a class 10, 64GB
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SK57ZQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In the Benchmark tool, it gets detected as the Internal SD card for some reason. But regardless, this card should be performing faster, IMHO.
5MB/s read and 4 MB/s write seems very slow. In fact, if I set my pictures to save to the SD card, it gives me a warning that my SD card is too slow.

I just tried formatting via the phone menu (Settings > Storage > Format SD Card), but still pretty slow.

Any thoughts on how to speed it up? Did I purchase a bum card?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-14-21-52-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-14-21-52-27.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 33

Top Liked Posts