(not official) CM7 Alpha. Updates Daily.

Search This thread

grankin01

Feb 9, 2008
Georgetown, KY
I hope after syncing the repo those that are compiling this are applying every patch on gerrit. When you sync the repo it changes everything back to match the source on github and doesn't include any of the commits that are in review on gerrit.

I know some of them are no big deal but you need to add them or there is no point in building an "update". ;)

sykopompos

Recognized Developer
Jun 26, 2008
flithydelphia
New builds with latest repo sync are failing to boot. Waiting for service.media.audio_policy
This is with all phones so updates will be limited till after this issue is solved

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

option94

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 29, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
New builds with latest repo sync are failing to boot. Waiting for service.media.audio_policy
This is with all phones so updates will be limited till after this issue is solved

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

I guess we'll find out when its done building. The one up now is working great so its not the end of the world if we dont get a new nightly everyday.

Actually, the build just failed. Guess we'll have to wait for more updates.

Last edited:

HeavyComponent

Oct 31, 2007
NYC
Anyone having MMS issues? I could send and receive, but I the other person can't see the photo. This is the message they get.

"The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction."

I posted this earlier, but I didn't get a response.

Let me know guys.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

pgarza

May 27, 2007
OKC
My mms works fine both ways. On initial boot, wifi wasn't working. After a quick reboot, this was fixed. Maybe a few reboots or full wipe and re flash?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

stratax

Aug 21, 2010
Missouri (misery)
I doubt you fried the SD card. Have you tried rebooting? You could have a bad download as well.

yeah tried rebooting clockwork and everything. put gingerbread on a different sdcard and it works, and then put the sdcard in my computer and it wont read it unless i format it, it says. so not fried, but something happened.. i lost everything, unless there is a way to recover without formatting.

GentMAB

Jul 26, 2007
Is there anything that anyone noticed that broke from the first to second upload, I might go back to cm6 for now cause I am not fond of rockplayer over vplayer and I need my videos for my boredom

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: This project has come to an end now that official nightlies have begun.

Remember - These builds are not official. They are being built from source on github, possibly with changes that may or may not end up in the official builds.

http://phones.crackflashers.com/glacier

Will need to know how to flash recovery through fastboot since you need to use clockwork 3.

I've attached a working recovery. (the attached recovery has been updated to 3.0.0.1, shoud fix some mounting issues. )

adb reboot bootloader

$fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

If you 'd rather do it from the emulator follow http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10131596&postcount=361

This is an alpha, so use at your own risk. And its definitely not official. So far no one has mentioned anything that doesn't work, but as usual, use at your own risk. Thatguy32404 and I are not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

You also need gapps for 2.3, http://koush.tandtgaming.com//google/gapps-gb.zip
    Alo, thanks to Grankin01, we now have a working gappps zip with the new market.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16719351/gapps-newmarket.zip

Also, if you decide to go back to a froyo rom, you'll need to flash the old recovery. Its also attached. If you need help flashing the recovery,
    check this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=852905

Also, if you are having trouble with adb/usb drivers check out the below thread by b16a2smith
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=896206
    download onto phone and move to root of your sdcard using astro or another file manager then open up terminal and type

su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwm3glacier.img

you now haz recovery!
    Confirmed usb mount working!!

I have CM7 installed and I just got Windows to recognize the SDCARD via USB Mounting!!!!

Now again I am using Windows 7 so the steps are almost exactly the same. I literally just changed the device to a USB Mass Storage device and it worked!

Lol after trying so many drivers and it being the generic driver makes me angry. Here's what I did.

1. Right click on My Computer, go to Properties.

2. Go to Device Manager

3. Find your My HTC (should be the second one Android USB Device), right click on it and select Update Driver Software

4. Then select Browse My Computer for Software

5. Then choose Let Me Pick which driver to install on the bottom.

6. Then choose USB Mass Storage Device

Then it takes some time to think and viola! All working! However we are not DONE!

EDIT: So the next step I did after experienced issues remounting after unplugging the phone. I have change the MTP to ADB Testing Interface and things seem to be mounting everytime. Rebooted phone and PC, both worked again so I think this may be a working solution.

Now go to MTP.

1. Right click on My Computer, go to Properties.

2. Go to Device Manager

3. Find your MTP (should be under Unknown Devices), right click on it and select Update Driver Software

4. Then select Browse My Computer for Software

5. Then choose Let Me Pick which driver to install on the bottom.

6. Then choose Google Inc. and the Driver is ADB Testing Interface.

ENJOY!

Should I start a new thread for this? If so do I post this in Android Development?
    I just patched with all the latest updates and its building now. I'll post an update as soon as its done in a couple hours.
    So far all I can tell is wifi isn't working. Still testing everything else.

GPS works.

Wifi wirked after a reboot, not sure if that means its gonna continue working.

Also, I cant get my computer to even recognize the phone through adb. Tried updating the drivers and still no luck.