Thread Closed Email Thread
GOT 720p clearing up the hack a bit and will release it most probably tomorrow

sorry for the confusin

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RP7LCIU4

here is the image
29th April 2010, 09:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
now thats the kinda stuff im talking about !

lets get some effort on this, gonna start digging thru the source now..
29th April 2010, 10:21 PM |#3  
Flag Chula Vista
Thanks Meter: 59

More
it would be awesome if we can get this working !!!!!!!!!!!
29th April 2010, 10:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Everytime there is a new post, I check this thread, sadly its just motivational comments. If this happens though, we will have one more thing that makes the Nexus and even better phone.
29th April 2010, 10:45 PM |#5  
Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 791

More
Btw guys, the sensor is definitely capable of it. Like mentioned by the OP, it's just the encoding that is holding this up.
29th April 2010, 10:56 PM |#6  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 168

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbho3000

Btw guys, the sensor is definitely capable of it. Like mentioned by the OP, it's just the encoding that is holding this up.

What is the problem with the encoding to start with? I would much prefer to use the h264 codec to record video to start with, why does using it crash the camera app?
29th April 2010, 11:29 PM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 5,368

More
I think it would be better if we could get a constant bit rate for the video recorder instead, just like on the Milestone/Droid, rather than the frame skipping in indoor light conditions.

I also hope one day we can get a better audio format rather than 8kHz AMR in our video recordings :(

But this is a good initiative anyway..
30th April 2010, 02:53 AM |#8  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsixda

I think it would be better if we could get a constant bit rate for the video recorder instead, just like on the Milestone/Droid, rather than the frame skipping in indoor light conditions.

I also hope one day we can get a better audio format rather than 8kHz AMR in our video recordings :(

But this is a good initiative anyway..

Thats exactly what I'm looking for in terms of fps. Made a thread requesting someone add the ability to records at constant 30fps and from my testing the framerate only drops when recording indoors or in low light conditions. The indoor lighting slows everything down but out side it records perfectly and smooth. If we can get that fixed by an android pro that would be great.

As for 720p I still think thats a hardware limitation somewhere in the lense or motherboard. If it was hardware possible, how come google didnt include that from the start?
30th April 2010, 03:54 AM |#9  
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsixda

Just want to second this. The audio quality is pathetic and makes it useless for recording voice. It is one thing I miss from the iPhone. I'd assume that changing the audio codec and bitrate wouldn't be too hard for a good dev (which I certainly am not).
30th April 2010, 03:59 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Records VERY well in ideal outside conditions, shot this the other day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPh9NQAiBPA

Haven't tried low light, but that is using MoDaCo A21 Desire ROM.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread