[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - HTC Amaze 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

M9x3mos

May 12, 2008
Around
This is great work devs BTW missed the op for testing was later sorry if you need anyone else please let me know.
Regaurdless it will probably be patched later but why give them a advance on the exploit used until is actually ready to be used. Kinda like giveing away your war strategy before actually attacking.
Also Ben if you knew not to post why did you? LOL
Been said enough times not only for people that were in beta or looking to.
Plus becareful you don't want to annoy or offend anyone as you may be breaking law in Arizona soon.

wardfan220

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2010
Eldridge, IA
Please stay on topic and follow the OP rules

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks but that's my job. Members posting things like this just perpetuates the problem. I've already threatened infractions for doing this exact thing in another thread, I'd hate to have to do it here too.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk 2.

ed116

Oct 20, 2010
North York
Quick Question: I see you could edit the Status of the bootloader (Locked/Unlocked ect..) with this when we achieve S-OFF and we Relock our bootloader for warranty purposes could we change the RELOCKED to just Plain LOCKED so HTC can warrant the phone for ANY Issue? Im not trying to do anything illegal here so if it is plese delete comment.

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
Thanks but that's my job. Members posting things like this just perpetuates the problem. I've already threatened infractions for doing this exact thing in another thread, I'd hate to have to do it here too.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk 2.

Temp bans seem to work rather well too when following directions is an impossibility.

Quick Question: I see you could edit the Status of the bootloader (Locked/Unlocked ect..) with this when we achieve S-OFF and we Relock our bootloader for warranty purposes could we change the RELOCKED to just Plain LOCKED so HTC can warrant the phone for ANY Issue? Im not trying to do anything illegal here so if it is plese delete comment.

It has been asked several times in this thread NOT to post questions unless they are in direct response to a post from either fuses or globatron. Nobody but fuses or globatron can answer this question at this point. Wait until the tool is officially released and then ask again.

SIDE NOTE TO ALL--->

wardfan220 has asked repeatedly to respect the OP's wishes not to post in this thread until official release.

As usual, it seems to be very difficult for most users to respect the OP's request and wardfan220's instruction.

Any future posts that are not in direct response to either fuses or globatron will simply be deleted and infractions issued from here on out . No exceptions.

You've all been warned.

EDIT:: 2 posts posted AFTER this post have already been deleted. Guys.. This is not a request. Please do not force me to temporarily close this thread pending release.

Last edited:

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
EDIT:: 2 posts posted AFTER this post have already been deleted. Guys.. This is not a request. Please do not force me to temporarily close this thread pending release.

dharvey,

Feel free to close the thread for now. We'll send you a message when we're ready to release. We have completed our testing for Amaze, so there will be no more activity until release.

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
dharvey,

Feel free to close the thread for now. We'll send you a message when we're ready to release. We have completed our testing for Amaze, so there will be no more activity until release.

Per globatron's request, this thread is temporarily closed pending the release of the tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta Testing Complete....

MOD EDIT:: At globatron's request, there is to be no posting in this thread unless you are directly responding to either fuses or globatron, prior to the official release. This is a development thread, not a lounge.

Amaze4G_SON.jpg
    Amaze4G_SOFF.jpg

Fuses and Globatron
    NO PMs, PMs will not be answered
    Guys, remember my request...no commentary please.

We ask testers to post results...that all, everything else is off topic here.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Testing completed.

Locked and unlocked bootloaders both confirmed.
    Closing the thread makes it more difficult for us to keep our efforts in one place so we would prefer that it remain open.

Please avoid speculating and commenting if at all possible. We will update the first post with progress and/or calls for testers as required. But I will state a couple of things to avoid confusion.

Don't ask for an ETA, we will release when we are happy it is ready (and safe)
    Dont ask for the method or code, we will not release that until HTC blocks the exploit.
    If it is your intention to donate, do not do so before release.
    Don't PM us asking for additional progress/status or information we will keep the threads updated with what information we are willing to release.

Speculation on this helps nobody, not us, and not the Amaze 4G community.

Correcting misinformation also does not help, it just adds to the problem. Please do not post in this thread unless it is in direct response to something either Fuses or I have posted.
    So are we going to need to have linux to obtain S-OFF?

Not in the final release. We are using linux during the test period for ssh access since we are not giving the tool to the test users. It is being run remotely.

When we release it it will work on Linux/Windows/MacOS.
    Whoever unlocked via HTC-Dev or is running a custom ROM *CANNOT* get S-OFF since you already have a unlocked bootloader.

That is completely untrue.