Getting 8.9 Tuesday

Search This thread

falcon26

Jul 19, 2010
Well I get my 8.9 Tuesday. I got a refurbished one for $300. I know it comes with Honeycomb 3.2. Now I am assuming that ICS will not be released for the 8.9 or any other tab 1 until the Tab 2's come out. So is it safe to assume that ICS on these Tab 1's will not happen for at least another 1-2 months?

lilsim89

Oct 29, 2007
That depends. If you're Tab is the WiFi version only, you can download an unofficial ICS rom in the Android Development forum. If it's the AT&T LTE version, we're mostly likely going to have to wait for the Samsung update (which should be in a few months, hopefully.)

Last edited:

falcon26

Jul 19, 2010
That's what I figured. I don't think Samsung would release it before the Tab 2's are out. Both the 7 inch and 10.1 inch version. If I had to gues ICS for the 8.9 will probably come late May....

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
That depends. If you're Tab is the WiFi version only, you can download an unofficial ICS rom in the Android Development forum. If it's the AT&T LTE version, we're mostly likely going to have to wait for the Samsung update (which should be in a few months, hopefully.)

Correction: there are ICS ROMs for the 7300 and 7310 by the Galaxian Soup team. The only caveat is that we're still waiting for camera drivers.

On the AT&T LTE version, you are probably correct.