Confused about what rom can be flashed

Search This thread

fcolon76

Feb 8, 2013
Springfield
I have a Galaxy S4 att with SS 3.72, So my Baseband Version is I337UCUAMF3 and my Build number is 1337UCUEMK2 Can someone please tell me what ROM I can flash I don't know if I have to look for a MK2 ROM or a MF3 ROM for my phone??? :confused:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Look for mk2 roms. If you're rooted which I assume you are, you can check your bootloader version by using a terminal emulator on your phone. In it type:

su
getprop ro.bootloader

That'll tell you for sure what to flash

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: fcolon76

fcolon76

Feb 8, 2013
Springfield
Look for mk2 roms. If you're rooted which I assume you are, you can check your bootloader version by using a terminal emulator on your phone. In it type:

su
getprop ro.bootloader

Should I flash a MK2 MODULE since my galaxy s4's 4g connection is soo slow? The only way I can get fast internet speeds is by using WIFI I'm so sorry for the noob questions :confused: :confused:

guut13

Sep 23, 2010
Boston
Should I flash a MK2 MODULE since my galaxy s4's 4g connection is soo slow? The only way I can get fast internet speeds is by using WIFI I'm so sorry for the noob questions :confused: :confused:

The module is only to get wifi working after flashing a ROM. If wifi is already working, you don't need to flash it.

Check out my thread in the General section. There is a lot of good information you might find useful. If you still have questions after reading the first few posts, asks away in the thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221

fcolon76

Feb 8, 2013
Springfield
The module is only to get wifi working after flashing a ROM. If wifi is already working, you don't need to flash it.

Check out my thread in the General section. There is a lot of good information you might find useful. If you still have questions after reading the first few posts, asks away in the thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221

I just realized I have JB 4.3 with SS 3.72 I'm guessing I have to flash SS 3.71???

guut13

Sep 23, 2010
Boston
I just realized I have JB 4.3 with SS 3.72 I'm guessing I have to flash SS 3.71???

No, not necessarily. I was using 3.72 with 4.3 ROMs. It just means you cannot use ROM slots.

If you are only going to flash 4.3 ROMs, then yes... 3.71 is recommended.

If you are going to flash kitkat ROMs using he magic tool, then you will need to keep 3.72.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

su
    getprop ro.bootloader

No, not necessarily. I was using 3.72 with 4.3 ROMs. It just means you cannot use ROM slots.

If you are only going to flash 4.3 ROMs, then yes... 3.71 is recommended.

If you are going to flash kitkat ROMs using he magic tool, then you will need to keep 3.72.