[Bootanimation] XDA Developers bootanimation

Search This thread

zwilly

Sep 14, 2007
I made the bootanimation for 480x854 devices. I wasn't sure if the animation should be either portrait or landscape, so I choose the easy way and made it portrait. Please try it out and report back if it works...

The bootanimation didn't work, stayed black. I replaced the original bootanimation.zip which was already there with yours. I used the Bootanimation Utility Lite from Android Market which worked but didn't had right resolution so it didn't fill the whole screen. I attached the bootanimation which worked BUT with wrong resolution.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    856.4 KB · Views: 167

HJ200

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2008
The bootanimation didn't work, stayed black. I replaced the original bootanimation.zip which was already there with yours. I used the Bootanimation Utility Lite from Android Market which worked but didn't had right resolution so it didn't fill the whole screen. I attached the bootanimation which worked BUT with wrong resolution.

That's interesting... The resolution and animation file inside is identical to the other (working) bootanimations (except the resolution of course). The zip you attached and other bootanimations from the Milestone forum are build the same way my one is. Are you sure you extracted the .rar first and used the bootanimation.zip inside it instead of renaming it? Just to make sure... ;)

In case you did, you might want to edit the desc.txt file inside it, and try a different fps (set 24 to 30 for example). Looking forward to your reply!

Update
Wait, found the problem. just a sec..

Last edited:

oreomitch

Apr 4, 2011
600x1024 works on the NI Adam. A 1024x600 version would be perfect!

Thanks again for your efforts!

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Here's a update for the 480x854. Please report if it works...

I also attached a optimized version for 480x800, it's faster but a bit more ugly (jpg 40% quality)

PS: Problem was that previous upload was a compressed zip

Attachments

• bootanimation_480x854_v2_optimized_jpg40.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008

Attachments

• bootanimation_1024x600_optimized_jpg60_thumb.jpg
    bootanimation_1024x600_optimized_jpg60_thumb.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

oreomitch

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks!

I think there is a bug in that the 1st line in desc.txt is still "600 1024". Should it be "1024 600" instead to display the image in landscape mode?

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Thanks!

I think there is a bug in that the 1st line in desc.txt is still "600 1024". Should it be "1024 600" instead to display the image in landscape mode?
I rotated the images, so it should display well...
But feel free to try it out and report back :D

Last edited:

oreomitch

Apr 4, 2011
Looks like they were still in portrait mode. Here is a rebuild for 1024x600 (landscape).

All credits to you, mate ;)

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 69

zwilly

Sep 14, 2007
I can confirm that the animation is now working correctly for the 480x854. Request though, can you make a longer lasting animation? Maybe make a reversed cycle.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
I put this file(after renaming it to bootanimation) into the system/media folder on my cm7 nook color(same resolution). When booting, the screen is just black until it boots into CM7.

Don't rename it, extract it. Bootanimation.zip is inside it :)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Reactions: oreomitch

eisteh

May 5, 2011
Looks pretty awesome, but it's running sluggish on the Desire HD, too. Well, as sluggish as the preview in FP does.

Nice work nevertheless, probably gonna keep it :)

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Looks pretty awesome, but it's running sluggish on the Desire HD, too. Well, as sluggish as the preview in FP does.

Nice work nevertheless, probably gonna keep it :)

Is the jpg 40% version sluggish too?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

eisteh

May 5, 2011
Is the jpg 40% version sluggish too?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

40% runs little smoother, but it's not looking that good.

I changed the fps in the full version to 30 and now it's looking a bit better than the preview in the thread. Probably not an issue with the hardware but rather a thing as when I say an animation is smooth.
Still I can life with it now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

After publishing the wallpaper azrienoch provided the original XDA TV intro .psd files, so I could upload the original. Instead of a wallpaper I created a bootanimation for Android, so here it is;
    The bootanimation is created for 480x800 devices, but if you prefer any other resolution feel free to ask for it. ;)

bootanimation.gif

note: some webbrowsers might not show the animation

Installation
    Use Root Explorer or adb to copy the zip file to:
    - system/media on CM ROMs
    - /system/customize/resource on HTC Sense ROMs

It runs a bit choppy on my HTC HD2, but please let me know on which phones it runs smooth :D
    The attached 40% jpg versions mean the images have reduced quality, so run faster.

Downloads:
    - 480x800 100% png or 40% jpg
    - 480x854 40% jpg (untested)
    - 600x1024 png (part1, part2)
    - 1024x600 60% jpg
    - 1024x600 60% jpg (for portrait oriented devices like HTC Flyer)
    - 320x480 100% jpg or 50% jpg (untested)
    - 540x960 100% png
    - 1280x800 100% png part1, part2 or 80% jpg
    note: All zipfiles with name bootanimation_{resolution}.zip have bootanimation.zip inside them, so extract instead of rename!

Update: new bootanimation can be found here
    I'd love it in a galaxy tab size. And nice work!
    Hi everyone,

After publishing the wallpaper azrienoch provided the original XDA TV intro .psd files, so I could upload the original. Instead of a wallpaper I created a bootanimation for Android, so here it is;
    The bootanimation is created for 480x800 devices, but if you prefer any other resolution feel free to ask for it. ;)
    Update: added 600x1024 version for Galaxy Tab (untested)

bootanimation.gif

note: some webbrowsers might not show the animation

Installation
    Use Root Explorer or adb to copy the zip file to:
    - system/media on CM ROMs
    - /system/customize/resource on HTC Sense ROMs

It runs a bit choppy on my HTC HD2, but please let me know on which phones it runs smooth :D

Wow, this is fantastic!! Makes me want to boot constantly! =D
    Bootanimation 480x854

I made the bootanimation for 480x854 devices. I wasn't sure if the animation should be either portrait or landscape, so I choose the easy way and made it portrait. Please try it out and report back if it works...

update
    Removed attachment. See first post for updated version
    Looks like they were still in portrait mode. Here is a rebuild for 1024x600 (landscape).

All credits to you, mate ;)

Flashed this and it works, but it is in portrait.