Sensation/XE in the Philippines

Search This thread

dgenx210

Jan 10, 2011
Manila
Okay then. Since we were already discussing at the 'DHD in the Philippines' thread already, let's start this thread for the the Sensation/Sensation XE.

So I'll start :p

I got my Sensation XE just 2 weeks ago and I bought it at a nearby SM. I waited 'till day 2 to root my phone and flash a custom firmware (since I couldn't stand the rooting itch :D)

This is just my second Android phone and I came from using a Samsung Galaxy 551 with hardware Qwerty. I gave in to the pressure since there's not enough community support for it.

Last edited:

alexverzosa

Feb 15, 2012
Manila
I got my Sensation XE as a gift las Christmas. Rooted and flashed a custom ROM within 2 hours. Very happy with my phone and, in general, with the Android platform. Came from iOS, I just love how "free" Android feels.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App

Reactions: josephnero

eilu1183

Dec 27, 2011
Quezon City
Got mine last Christmas from my cousin who has a store in Greehills. Still on stock ROM but rooted. I'm eying CM9/ARHD but I'll wait for HTC's official ICS update before I decide to flash or not.

jeansquared

Dec 29, 2010
Manila
Hi! I've got my Sensation XE last December too as a Christmas gift for myself. ^_^

I've already tried almost all available custom roms for Sensation but I keep going back to ARHD 6.2.1 ICS (sense removed) :)

tingardz

Jan 18, 2008
Cebu City
Okay then. Since we were already discussing at the 'DHD in the Philippines' thread already, let's start this thread for the the Sensation/Sensation XE.

So I'll start :p

I got my Sensation XE just 2 weeks ago and I bought it at a nearby SM. I waited 'till day 2 to root my phone and flash a custom firmware (since I couldn't stand the rooting itch :D)

This is just my second Android phone and I came from using a Samsung Galaxy 551 with hardware Qwerty. I gave in to the pressure since there's not enough community support for it.

Bought mine last xmas. Didn't last a day, rooted right away after charging :D
Coming from DHD and HD2 here.

Tried several ROMs already and settled with ARHD.

Got mine last Christmas from my cousin who has a store in Greehills. Still on stock ROM but rooted. I'm eying CM9/ARHD but I'll wait for HTC's official ICS update before I decide to flash or not.

Enjoy your stock phone first :) It will come to you when its time to flash. But when you start flashing custom ROMs, it's kinda addicting and you'll never stop looking for the best setup ;)

Last edited:

darkmantra

Oct 11, 2011
Sur, Oman
Nice to see lot of Kabayans here :D. Bought my Sensation during the initial release here in SG last June 2011. And rooted after 6mths of usage as it is under warranty. :rolleyes:, used DF520 as ICS and CD3.3 for GB.

dgenx210

Jan 10, 2011
Manila
Bought mine last xmas. Didn't last a day, rooted right away after charging :D
Coming from DHD and HD2 here.

Tried several ROMs already and settled with ARHD.

Enjoy your stock phone first :) It will come to you when its time to flash. But when you start flashing custom ROMs, it's kinda addicting and you'll never stop looking for the best setup ;)

It really is. Once you do it, you kinda want to flash almost every rom available out there :D

tingardz

Jan 18, 2008
Cebu City
It really is. Once you do it, you kinda want to flash almost every rom available out there :D

Here is a list of my fav ROMs for DHD and SensationXE:

LeeDrOid
RCMix
ARHD
Virtuous

I like my phone on stock look :D Just very much optimized.

Im already thinking of customizing my own, the problem is it takes so much time to do it :D. and i dont have much spare time. Maybe once the final ICS for HTC release ill cook ;)

Same here. Then i realized i'm too old for this :D I rather play BattleStar Galactica Online on my free time :D

Last edited:

alexverzosa

Feb 15, 2012
Manila
I S-OFFed and rooted my phone within 1 hour of getting it LOL. I'm a big fan of the ARHD ROMs. Was using the 3.6.x series up until I jumped on over to ICS with 6.2.1 just last week. ICS really is a big step up from GB in terms of speed and battery life.

dgenx210

Jan 10, 2011
Manila
Well seeing that most of us (if not all) are on Globe, I wanna know if you guys are on a postpaid line.

I'm on prepaid and I most usually subscribe for the 300MB Powersurf plan.

Also, have you guys tried the new *143# menu? :D

darkmantra

Oct 11, 2011
Sur, Oman
Well seeing that most of us (if not all) are on Globe, I wanna know if you guys are on a postpaid line.

I'm on prepaid and I most usually subscribe for the 300MB Powersurf plan.

Also, have you guys tried the new *143# menu? :D

Singtel is the sister company of Globe here in SG. Im on a 12GB dataplan cant fully utilized the whole month. :D

alexverzosa

Feb 15, 2012
Manila
I'm on Globe Postpaid. No data plan for me on globe since where I'm based only Smart has wireless broadband coverage.

I'd like to ask though; what accessories you guys have and where you got them from? Since it's relatively(compared to iPhones) hard to find good accessories for the Sensation locally. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who received the ICS OTA update, do you have a bug which couldnt connect to internet thru mobile data? Also, do you have the face unlock features?

Just wanted to know cause one of my friend received the official ota update and experiencing the above issue.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

I got the ICS OTA the other day. I haven't experience any bug yet. I've been connected to the internet 24 hours. And yes, I got face unlock.

I hope devs here will cook Pinoy themed skin.

:)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA
    I got my Sensation XE as a gift las Christmas. Rooted and flashed a custom ROM within 2 hours. Very happy with my phone and, in general, with the Android platform. Came from iOS, I just love how "free" Android feels.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App
    Viber is finally working on ICS :)
    Got mine last october. Oh, and also on globe postpaid. :D
    Do we have a Filipino sensation dev here?

I might :D, if time permits once final version released as I got more priorities and imagine there are 44+ cooked ROM to choose :D
    Mga kabayan, pa help po please. I bought a second hand htc sensation xe w/ beats, originally bought from Singapore(Singtel), the seller said that it was locked to Smart. When putting in a Globe SIM it states that "Your SIM does not allow a connection to this network"(it does not ask for an unlock code), no signal, but it obviously works with a Smart SIM. So I decided to try unlocking it on my own instead of paying for someone to do it(which is not cheap). I have researched and tried evertything, but still it says "Your SIM does not allow....", please help? Here is what I did so far:

1. Checked my IMEI's validity through an online tool and it came up okay(I have not called Smart, yet)
    2. Tried manually setting APN's
    3. Tried automatic registration
    4. Tried *#*#4636#*#* off/on radio, took out battery, waited for an hour, put it back again
    5. Tried clearing the s58 data with the nbh file, which was successfully done twice(BTW before I got to this step I had to unlock the bootloader, install CWM, root, JB S-off, downgrade firmware to 1.17 to run the nbh file, go back to 3.32)

Also, after clearing the s58 data, I have checked the mobile data, APN, etc. and have the same issue(works on a Smart SIM only). I do not know what to do at this point. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gamitin mo to,ginamit ko yan to unlock the sim of my XE.just download the script and flash via recovery,s-off kana kamo di no problem doing it...BTW bkit kpa nag downgrade?:confused:
    please hit the thanks button if this helped you in anyway
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1232107