HTC Media Link HD

Search This thread

nickhuk

Aug 5, 2010
Glasgow
I thought it required plugging in at all times but people have been sayin it has a battery :-s will need to wait and see I suppose

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

mertzi

Jul 8, 2011
By the looks of it it seems the Media Link HD itself needs plugging into a power supply. All the videos I've seen of it on YouTube in operation show two cables coming out of it (the HDMI cable and presumably the power cable?). Plus when you look on the Mobile Fun site, it shows two ports on it...a HDMI port and a Micro USB port:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/htc-dg-h200-one-s-media-link-hd-wireless-hdmi-adapter-p34391.htm

don't you think that it is for getting power via usb from the tv? Most tv's have a usb port on the side next to the hdmi input. It seems so unnecessary to put a battery in a device that has to be connected every time you use it anyways.

tandfeen

Oct 25, 2010
Does anyone have any news about the availability of this item? I have already had to cancel several orders online, due to online retailers saying they have it in stock. A couple say they have it in stock but when you order, your order goes to backorder... So anyone with information about when its going to be released, or who the first company is to get it... that would be very helpful to me. PS. dont order from mobicity.com.au !

3 denmark will get it in May. And send me one for free :)
But I think the official release date is late April.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Reactions: 420kushking

redbull69

Oct 17, 2010
brighton
Yes Im getting one but only because it came free with my One X order. In answer to your questions yes it can be used with other devices.

Ive got the standard media link adapter as well and that works perfectly on my Moto Xoom. If your concerned about the price there are cheaper alternatives that do the exact same thing. Just have a browse on Amazon for DLNA receivers.

I cant find anything similar or cheaper when i google dlna recievers!

ambrose7

Mar 24, 2011
London
Whats the best way to get a 720p movie playing from my phone to my TV? it would be awesome if i could load a movie to my phone, go to a friends house and watch it.

Rothermere

Jan 11, 2012
Herts
Yes, I'll be getting one (in fact, have one pre-ordered with Amazon).

They are too expensive, but I don't have a DLNA enabled TV yet and have our first child due in July; I've managed to convince my good lady that it will be absolutely imperative to have one if we're to be able to show off photos and video of junior on the big screen when her family are round.

I am stockpiling gadgets atm, as I don't think I'll be allowed to buy any more beyond August.

:)

Flow-Wolf

I have tested one:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1587592

To asnwer devii:

Hey, ive got one question. This HTC Media thing, ist it connected via Ad Hoc Wifi or is it (or MUST it) be built in into your home wifi?
Why this question?
Because my Wifi Signal is very weak at home and therefore the Signals are weak as well. But with an Ad Hoc Connection only between the HTC Phone and the HTC Media thing (that connects to the TV..) you can get a good connection. BUT when your connect to the ad hoc WiFi (to your HTC Media Thing) are you able to surf via Wlan? Or do you have to use 3G?

/Dev

This is different wifi than your home wifi!

bobmarsh72

Apr 16, 2010
Cardiff
Yeah and quite possibly the only things u would require would be the phone and media link - both pocket friendly - well, as long as your mates got a spare hdmi cable

And don't forget you have to be on an active WiFi network for it all to work. So takin it round ur mates would b fine if they also have WiFi.

randombirt

Oct 22, 2011
Yes, I'll be getting one (in fact, have one pre-ordered with Amazon).

They are too expensive, but I don't have a DLNA enabled TV yet and have our first child due in July; I've managed to convince my good lady that it will be absolutely imperative to have one if we're to be able to show off photos and video of junior on the big screen when her family are round.

I am stockpiling gadgets atm, as I don't think I'll be allowed to buy any more beyond August.

:)

I lol'd :D:D:D

artymarty

May 14, 2010
Melbourne
www.marty.com.au
Have any of these actually 'shipped' to end users yet?
I would really like one, I want to be able to browse the internet on my tv in a real browser using a keyboard with actual letters on it.
My Bluray and TV can get the internet, but its not a real browser.
Have you ever tried to search for something on youtube typing in on your DVD remote? moving a cursor around on the screen to select each letter, with no edit function. OMG!!!
The person who designed that should be f**king strung up by their dangly bits and then shot.

Does anyone know of any 'knockoff' or 'copy cat' devices that do the same as the medialink HD? (in a wireless way)

Marty

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
And don't forget you have to be on an active WiFi network for it all to work. So takin it round ur mates would b fine if they also have WiFi.

If your friend's tv has a hdmi input, I would hope that they have wifi ;)

EDIT: Actually, it's Ad Hoc wifi. So it's not a problem I believe.

Last edited:

Johnny0906

May 30, 2011
I was personally very hyped about the whole Media Link with the HTC One x when watching the videos online and stuff. but right now the software on the 1X needs ALOT of attention.

And I dont wanna charge while using the Media Link, will screw up the battery eventually and the battery is not detachable, maybe replacable but with risk of screwing up your 1X.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Saw one of these the other day at the One X launch here in Auckland (where HTC and Telecom were kind enough to give me my own One X to review and keep). Quite flashy, but lag very apparent (possibly down to the setup in the demo area rather than representing how well it may work). I'll stick with MHL + bluetooth keyboard and mouse for this kind of thing myself.

d888

Aug 29, 2012
Yes Im getting one but only because it came free with my One X order. In answer to your questions yes it can be used with other devices.

Ive got the standard media link adapter as well and that works perfectly on my Moto Xoom. If your concerned about the price there are cheaper alternatives that do the exact same thing. Just have a browse on Amazon for DLNA receivers.

Am happy with my media link HD, connected easily with my 1x and not much lag, even when streaming YouTube HD stuff. Am also able to connect easily with my moto XOOM using bubbleupnp.

Just wondering if its possible to connect and mirror the media link HD with non HTC devices.... like my motor XOOM... :D that would truly be awesome. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Who's getting one?
    I think it looks awesome, but a little expensive so I had some doubts if I should by it or not.
    But now my carrier is providing me one for free because of delayed delivery on my HOX.

Any of you guys getting one?
    Will we be able to use it with other phones/tablets?
    I really want to use it with my gtab 10.1, so it would be awesome if someone could figure out, maybe porting the app (if its and app) from HOX to other devises.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA

So it is basically just a DLNA receiver? therefore my PS3 can do the exact same thing? :D

The Media Link for the One series is different than the previous HTC Media Links (basically DLNA media players), in that it can mirror what you see on the phone's screen. So it's more like a "smart" wireless HDMI connection, since once you start media playback, it switches to media streaming mode like the old Links, and the phone can be used to do other things without interrupting the video on the TV.

I like the idea of playing a game through this, but there is noticable latency, so no Shadowgun, but Angry Birds would probably work well.
    I have been using my one x to stream to the ps3. there are various dlna server apps in the market, I personally use BubbleUPnP on my one x. regarding the battery life, well if the screen is off I generally find the battery doesn't go down too quick, even while streaming or on a long call. the display is what seems too suck battery ie: games or browsing the web. anyway id save your money unless you really want to use all your apps on a large display/tv. or buy a mhl to hdmi cable online for a tenner does the same job as the medialink, though wired.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
    my understanding was the media link only worked with Sense 4, so not sure its compatible with all devices. It is compatible with all TVs/monitors that have a HDMI port. THe Media Link comes with a built in rechargeable battery which is charged the same way as your phone with a micro usb cable.
    Does anyone have any news about the availability of this item? I have already had to cancel several orders online, due to online retailers saying they have it in stock. A couple say they have it in stock but when you order, your order goes to backorder... So anyone with information about when its going to be released, or who the first company is to get it... that would be very helpful to me. PS. dont order from mobicity.com.au !

3 denmark will get it in May. And send me one for free :)
    But I think the official release date is late April.