Rock Quicksand Case Question

Search This thread

EN4CER69

Sep 17, 2008
I currently have a genuine HTC 700 clear case, but quite like the look and gripabity of the Rock Quicksand Case.

What I would like to know is, does the case form a lip near the screen edge or does it sit below or flush?

and

Does it protect the camera lens?

Thanks in advance.

Winny

kahlua_khan

Sep 10, 2012
Hi, I've got one of those cases and there is a noticeable lip around the edge of the case, it doesn't sit flush. It's not however what I would call a bulky case. The Camera is recessed inside the case so it will protect it somewhat when being put on tables etc. Personally I like the matt grippy texture of the case and they go well with the one x. Ciao

I currently have a genuine HTC 700 clear case, but quite like the look and gripabity of the Rock Quicksand Case.

What I would like to know is, does the case form a lip near the screen edge or does it sit below or flush?

and

Does it protect the camera lens?

Thanks in advance.

Winny

EN4CER69

Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sticking with what I got then. :)
Just need a screen protector now that actually completely fits the screen...?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sticking with what I got then. :)
Just need a screen protector now that actually completely fits the screen...?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Good luck finding one of those lol.
Ive tried many different screen protectors, and NON of them completely fill the screen.

DJouneyt

Jun 22, 2011
Istanbul
Hi, I've got one of those cases and there is a noticeable lip around the edge of the case, it doesn't sit flush. It's not however what I would call a bulky case. The Camera is recessed inside the case so it will protect it somewhat when being put on tables etc. Personally I like the matt grippy texture of the case and they go well with the one x. Ciao

Hi, could you please share some photos or if possible a video of device with the case?

Hi, could you please share some photos or if possible a video of device with the case?

I have 2 Rock case, One black and one quicksand, they are VERY TIGHT fit, but they do not goes all around the device (top and bottom is less covered) but all corner are still well protected

I have modified the black one to fit inside my HTC dock so that it still charge the phone, it is a bit less stable than the HTC case when inserted in the dock but this does work...

The reason why I like those case better than the HTC is that they cover the camera and also provide rigidity from edge to edge... haven't used the quicksand much but this material is nice to hold in the hand. I have the international version not sure how they fit to the XL...

Seem to me that our phone was designed with the assumption we would be using a case...

Last edited:
Reactions: DJouneyt

DJouneyt

Jun 22, 2011
Istanbul
I have 2 Rock case, One black and one quicksand, they are VERY TIGHT fit, but they do not goes all around the device (top and bottom is less covered) but all corner are still well protected

I have modified the black one to fit inside my HTC dock so that it still charge the phone, it is a bit less stable than the HTC case when inserted in the dock but this does work...

The reason why I like those case better than the HTC is that they cover the camera and also provide rigidity from edge to edge... haven't used the quicksand much but this material is nice to hold in the hand.

Seem to me that our phone was designed with the assumption we would be using case...

will try to provide pics later today or tomorrow...

I have ordered white SGP Ultra Thin Air Series case which is similar designed as Rock IMO but want to have an alternative if I wouldn't like it. Awaiting photos, thanks in advance :good:

Of course there are some pros and cons according to me and would like to know how is the Rock in comparison with SGP. The main negative point of Rock is that does not offer white color, and the positive one is that I love matte surfaces ;) Below are my thoughts about SGP, when receive the case will finalize them.

Pros
Thin and solid design
Comes with a screen protector which does not cover the whole screen

Cons
Glossy surface, I prefer the matte
Does not protect the screen when device lays on the screen
There is a little protection of camera lens as I saw in users videos

?
Design for speakers could lower the noise but also may protect from outside impacts

EN4CER69

Sep 17, 2008
Pros

Comes with a screen protector which does not cover the whole screen

To me, this is a major negative as I would like total protection.

Cons

Does not protect the screen when device lays on the screen

Again, this is a negative as it would interfere with complete screen swiping!

I guess we are all different ;)

DJouneyt

Jun 22, 2011
Istanbul
I guess we are all different ;)

For screen protector I wanted to cover the whole screen but do not want to spend about $15 more for just a screen protector. If I am not satisfied with the SGP's one may consider another :) And for the screen protection from the case, again I agree with you but then case would be more visible IMO. I am coming from full body cover, therefore search for the case that adds minimum bulk and protects the most but it is impossible I think ;) So, we are not totally different but choices could vary :)

Last edited:

EN4CER69

Sep 17, 2008
For screen protector I wanted to cover the whole screen but do not want to spend about $15 more for just a screen protector. If I am not satisfied with the SGP's one may consider another :) And for the screen protection from the case, again I agree with you but then case would be more visible IMO. I am coming from full body cover, therefore search for the case that adds minimum bulk and protects the most but it is impossible I think ;) So, we are not totally different but choices could vary :)

Casewise I have cracked it with the HTC HC 700... lush...and non hindering on swiping ;)

* could do to be a bit more grippy tho :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The reason why I like those case better than the HTC is that they cover the camera and also provide rigidity from edge to edge... haven't used the quicksand much but this material is nice to hold in the hand. I have the international version not sure how they fit to the XL...

Seem to me that our phone was designed with the assumption we would be using a case...