DiXperia 'Mystery' - Discussion Thread - Community Driven ROM Project

Search This thread

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Hello guys,

Hey Guys,
our new DiXperia Community on Google+ is up!
Join it now to get latest info and support!
Link:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110415887217374741785

This is the official Discussion thread for DiXperia Mystery by DikeJ.
This is the first Community Driven Rom >>> You as part of our X10 community will decide what is inside of DiXperia Mystery!
You may know that DiXeria Mystery will be the last of DikeJs current ROM Series, but we need this thread now to start collecting info about your ideas, suggestions and whatever you may tell us.

Here you can post:
+ Suggestions and Ideas what you want inside DiXperia Mystery
+ unecessary spam (you don´t have to :p)
+ any feedback is welcome

Please be sure that we will read every post here and take it into consideration, even if we do not answer directly.

Let's keep the thing clean this time!
Greets

Last edited:

Ultimategeppie

Jan 7, 2011
Apeldoorn
2 idea's

1: How about Auto-brightness.

Since the 2nd generation Gingerbread-ROM (every ROM past Trip, WolfBreak etc.) this feature is gone.
Feravolt put it back in, but not as complete as the older ROMs; and i can't see it working on my hardware.

I once read soem post by Scritch007 that it had something to do with lib's.
It would be a great feature and a great battery saver.

2: On XDA front page there is an app that dynamically show your navigation bar.
Don't know if i would use it, but the idea that the navbar can be more intelligent sounds good!
For that matter: i also like the app WaveLauncher. Too bad it cannot be a complete launcher-replacemant.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I think we should be able to ditch the lockscreen. It's a useless thing.
I'll describe a setup that i use on every ROM of Feralab.

• Disable the lockscreen (CM feature)
  • Remove the lockscreen files (free up RAM - UPNextlock.apk is pretty big))
  • Remove the home-button unlock possibility (like Feravolt). This is not possible on DX/10 yet. I hope it will be possible.

Why?
To me the lockscreen is useless (and thus is wasting RAM).
Right now you need to press a button and you see your lock screen. Next: you need to swipe it away to show your home screen.
It can show the same stuff (if not more) as a lockscreen. And: I need less action to open an app.

IMHO the lock screen and home screen are 'double'.
In my pocket the device won't wake by pressing home button. So it's save to use.

Together with WaveLauncher (see earlier post) you can create a whole new look and feel which can improve usablity.

Just think it trough:

Reactions: EzzyLupe and DiKeJ
Jan 21, 2013
Beijing
some ideas

1. transparent nav bar.(like the new 4.2 for xperia z. it's transparent when on launcher.)
2. adding dualshock 3 support(i dont know if it can be useful, but sounds cool :good: )
3. xperia z style expanded status bar(like this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2157209 )
4. custmizable settings background(or other system apps like xperia clock, etc.):D
5. lockscreen rotation enabled

just these..maybe i'll add some more in the future:D

Reactions: EzzyLupe and DiKeJ

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
I had in my crazy brain more the idea of something completely new and unseen on X10.
As I have a new phone now, I only use my X10 to test (or I would do so if it worked). I could imagine that many people are in similar situations.
So my idea is to create a mediaplayer Rom, where we can free up Ram by e.g. removing all phone features and cut baseband to only wifi (is that possible?).
Disabling the lockscreen also seems awsome to me.
What do you think?
Greets

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia L

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
All your ideas guys are very good, I'm still collecting those things and in the future will think if something is possible, or not :D.

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
Then of course we will :D. But this project will be last, I need complete DX3 for Play (nearly end), then make two Premium ROMs (Perennial for Play and Gaming 2 for X10), then just Energizer for Play and we have mysterious Mystery :D.

Reactions: keenofhiphop

karthikx10

Jan 13, 2011
My wish:
A theme, just like Sony's latest releases... Should feel like using latest xperia model like z(I mean LOOKS)

And there is a issue with the messageing app... Will understand after I upload a screenshot... Just a cosmetic problem with viewing numbers from received messages
This problem is with all x10 roms...

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DiKeJ

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Guys, I thought this would reveive more attention...
In every Rom thread you complain and wish this feature and that feature added....now you can do exactly this and (even better) it may be recognized and put into the rom.
No Dev I knew did this and I wouldnt do it either but I would have expected that this gets the most busy thread in the whole forum... amd now what? we have two good ideas and one extremely brutally awsome :cool:
You should really try to take that chance
Greets

Gesendet von meinem C2104 mit Tapatalk 4

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
Exactly. This ROM will be delayed or canceled, if me and Kai won't get enough ideas. We need main and basic info first, then some cool features. Also, we will need more more more help by your side, as I will need people, this is hard project, but has awesome potential in my opinion :).

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
Nearly two weeks without any reply - I bring bad news then. DX Mystery Project is canceled, as not much ideas comes here so I still didn't know how this ROM look like. Sorry for all, and thanks for those guys who already wrote even one post here with at least one idea :).

Mods, you can delete this thread.

Ultimategeppie

Jan 7, 2011
Apeldoorn
:( I was on holiday. Too bad, and i don't understand the community; Most ppl always ask so much from dev's. And now they're silent? Thank you, DikeJ and Kai, for trying this! Too bad it ends like this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Xperia X10i met Tapatalk 4

Reactions: DiKeJ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Hey Guys,
    our new DiXperia Community on Google+ is up!
    Join it now to get latest info and support!
    Link:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110415887217374741785

This is the official Discussion thread for DiXperia Mystery by DikeJ.
    This is the first Community Driven Rom >>> You as part of our X10 community will decide what is inside of DiXperia Mystery!
    You may know that DiXeria Mystery will be the last of DikeJs current ROM Series, but we need this thread now to start collecting info about your ideas, suggestions and whatever you may tell us.

Here you can post:
    + Suggestions and Ideas what you want inside DiXperia Mystery
    + unecessary spam (you don´t have to :p)
    + any feedback is welcome

Please be sure that we will read every post here and take it into consideration, even if we do not answer directly.

Let's keep the thing clean this time!
    Greets
    2 idea's

1: How about Auto-brightness.

Since the 2nd generation Gingerbread-ROM (every ROM past Trip, WolfBreak etc.) this feature is gone.
    Feravolt put it back in, but not as complete as the older ROMs; and i can't see it working on my hardware.

I once read soem post by Scritch007 that it had something to do with lib's.
    It would be a great feature and a great battery saver.

2: On XDA front page there is an app that dynamically show your navigation bar.
    Don't know if i would use it, but the idea that the navbar can be more intelligent sounds good!
    For that matter: i also like the app WaveLauncher. Too bad it cannot be a complete launcher-replacemant.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I think we should be able to ditch the lockscreen. It's a useless thing.
    I'll describe a setup that i use on every ROM of Feralab.

• Disable the lockscreen (CM feature)
    • Remove the lockscreen files (free up RAM - UPNextlock.apk is pretty big))
    • Remove the home-button unlock possibility (like Feravolt). This is not possible on DX/10 yet. I hope it will be possible.

Why?
    To me the lockscreen is useless (and thus is wasting RAM).
    Right now you need to press a button and you see your lock screen. Next: you need to swipe it away to show your home screen.
    It can show the same stuff (if not more) as a lockscreen. And: I need less action to open an app.

IMHO the lock screen and home screen are 'double'.
    In my pocket the device won't wake by pressing home button. So it's save to use.

Together with WaveLauncher (see earlier post) you can create a whole new look and feel which can improve usablity.

Just think it trough:
    some ideas

1. transparent nav bar.(like the new 4.2 for xperia z. it's transparent when on launcher.)
    2. adding dualshock 3 support(i dont know if it can be useful, but sounds cool :good: )
    3. xperia z style expanded status bar(like this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2157209 )
    4. custmizable settings background(or other system apps like xperia clock, etc.):D
    5. lockscreen rotation enabled

just these..maybe i'll add some more in the future:D
    I had in my crazy brain more the idea of something completely new and unseen on X10.
    As I have a new phone now, I only use my X10 to test (or I would do so if it worked). I could imagine that many people are in similar situations.
    So my idea is to create a mediaplayer Rom, where we can free up Ram by e.g. removing all phone features and cut baseband to only wifi (is that possible?).
    Disabling the lockscreen also seems awsome to me.
    What do you think?
    Greets

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia L
    Guys, I thought this would reveive more attention...
    In every Rom thread you complain and wish this feature and that feature added....now you can do exactly this and (even better) it may be recognized and put into the rom.
    No Dev I knew did this and I wouldnt do it either but I would have expected that this gets the most busy thread in the whole forum... amd now what? we have two good ideas and one extremely brutally awsome :cool:
    You should really try to take that chance
    Greets

Gesendet von meinem C2104 mit Tapatalk 4