Bad flash. Can't get back into clockworkmod to fix.

Search This thread

servohead

Jun 24, 2014
I have a Vibrant T959. I just flashed from the latest official Cyanogenmod (android 4.2), to the latest unofficial cyanogenmod (Android 4.4.4).

However the phone is crashing in the setup process. I need to get back into clockworkmod, however I have tried the hold vol+, vol-, and power technique tons of times, and it does not work. I had trouble with that method before but would always just use rom manager to reboot to recovery, but needless to say, can't do that this time.

I'm currently attempting to use the ADB to reboot to recovery (which I've never used). I installed the latest JRE, and downloaded ADB, however currently I am unable to get the drivers for my phone. I understand I'm supposed to launch SDK manager to download them, however SDK manager does nothing, just pops up an empty command window for a split second and quits. Did some searching to see if I can download the ADB drivers seperate, but just found many dead, or untrustworthy looking links.

Been reading for hours, but i'm stumped now. All I need to do is just get back to clockworkmod recovery. Is there any way to do so?

servohead

Jun 24, 2014
Well just an update, by sheer luck I found a roundabout way to get back into recovery. Apparently from all the web searching lots of people are having the same problem with the 3 button combo not working. Supposedly it might be hardware locked.

Here is what worked for me.

Hold volume down and power, and after a couple seconds plug in a usb cord (other end was attached to pc, but no software or anything running)
Keep holding those 2 buttons for about 30 seconds, you'll see the battery icon flash a number of times, along with a little round loading cursor type thing which will also be flashing.
After about 30 seconds, release the power button but keep holding the volume down button for awhile.
After about 10 seconds, clockworkmod recovery pops right up.

Tags (for anyone else who may have this problem: Samsung vibrant T959 how to enter recovery. recovery fix. recovery not working. can't get to clockworkmod.

Shreyas_Singh

Jun 30, 2014
Dubai
Try this!

I have a Vibrant T959. I just flashed from the latest official Cyanogenmod (android 4.2), to the latest unofficial cyanogenmod (Android 4.4.4).

However the phone is crashing in the setup process. I need to get back into clockworkmod, however I have tried the hold vol+, vol-, and power technique tons of times, and it does not work. I had trouble with that method before but would always just use rom manager to reboot to recovery, but needless to say, can't do that this time.

I'm currently attempting to use the ADB to reboot to recovery (which I've never used). I installed the latest JRE, and downloaded ADB, however currently I am unable to get the drivers for my phone. I understand I'm supposed to launch SDK manager to download them, however SDK manager does nothing, just pops up an empty command window for a split second and quits. Did some searching to see if I can download the ADB drivers seperate, but just found many dead, or untrustworthy looking links.

Been reading for hours, but i'm stumped now. All I need to do is just get back to clockworkmod recovery. Is there any way to do so?

ADB will work. Use the process given below and let me know if it works :)
1. Install stand alone SDK tools from here, they should work. (h ttp://dl .google.com/android/ins taller_r23-windows.ex e)(Delete all spaces in between.)
2.Note the folder where you have installed SDK tools.
3. Move all the ADB driver files ( Probably 2 .exe and 2 .dll files, or just copy all the files from the ADB driver folder in which you installed the ADB drivers ) to the SDK tools folder.
4.Make sure all usb drivers for your phone have been installed. ( If not just google it, you will find them in the first or second link)
5. Connect your phone and make sure it is recognized by your PC.
6.Navigate to the SDK folder where you have also copied the ADB files. Hold down SHIFT and right click, Select Open Command Window Here.
7. Type adb devices .It should show you all the connected devices, mainly numbers. If not, the ADB drivers have not been installed correctly.
8. If Step 8 works, to reboot into recovery just type " adb reboot recovery " without quotes.
9. Your phone will reboot into recovery . :)

(If the steps above don't work, you will have to install the latest custom CWM recovery for your device and then boot into recovery from Step 5. And if you get errors while flashing the rom or the custom recovery then you may have to check if signature verification toggle is enabled and disabled,it SHOULD be disabled.And then repeat the flashing process.)
Hope this works . Happy Flashing!:good:

Glad to know it works for you, for people who can't gain access to recovery any other way, ^ This is the way :)

Last edited: