Thanks Meter: 6,168

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd December 2012, 02:00 AM |#481  
Flag Boynton Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 331

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1699

Fat32 was giving me a few issues as well. Once I formatted to ext4, everything was flawless. The speed of the usb stick could present issues too. Formatting the drive from within your internal n7 ubuntu installation is a little different than from ubuntu on pc because it is laid out a little different. The stick must be unmounted, formatted, then your good to go.

Instructions-

Insert usb drive and Open "disks". Towards the bottom, tbere is a bar with a square, a "-" and gears. Tap tbe square. That will unmount the drive. It will now be a "play" type symbol. To its right, tap the gears. Choose format. Use ext4 as the fs, and name it whatever you wish. Click format. When the confirmation pops up, tap format again. Wait for it to finish. All done! Reboot and install to your ext4 formatted disk with fewer problems and no size restriction.

Skyrocket on AOKP by R4ins

Ok thanks much.

23rd December 2012, 02:05 AM |#482  
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 1,469

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawonder

Ok thanks much.

No problem at all. Just post results of the operation and install when your all done so all can benefit from your experience. Best of luck!

23rd December 2012, 02:29 AM |#483  
Flag Boynton Beach, FL

More
Quote:

No problem at all. Just post results of the operation and install when your all done so all can benefit from your experience. Best of luck!

OK but i'm still waiting on you to post the screen shots on how to format Ext4 in Ubuntu on Nexus 7 . Tried but it was a bit confusing i couldn't fine ext4 .
23rd December 2012, 03:00 AM |#484  
Flag Oklahoma

More
Quote:

OK but i'm still waiting on you to post the screen shots on how to format Ext4 in Ubuntu on Nexus 7 . Tried but it was a bit confusing i couldn't fine ext4 .

Ok, here is the link to the pics and steps. they were too big to upload directly, and I didnt feel like shaving them down.

http://db.tt/DuZCChUK
The Following User Says Thank You to rebel1699 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rebel1699 Ad-Free
23rd December 2012, 03:47 AM |#485  
Flag Boynton Beach, FL

More
Quote:

Ok, here is the link to the pics and steps. they were too big to upload directly, and I didnt feel like shaving them down.

http://db.tt/DuZCChUK

Ok got it formatted to Ext4 gonna try an install .
23rd December 2012, 04:45 AM |#486  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
When I try to boot ubuntu I get a message saying kexec-hardboot support is required. I thought the kexec-hardboot kernels in the op were only for android roms. Am I supposed to do something else to patch the ubuntu image?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
23rd December 2012, 04:48 AM |#487  
Flag Oklahoma

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiuk

When I try to boot ubuntu I get a message saying kexec-hardboot support is required. I thought the kexec-hardboot kernels in the op were only for android roms. Am I supposed to do something else to patch the ubuntu image?

Go into recovery and got to advanced-multiboot-list roms, choose ubuntu "userdata" and inject current boot. Providing you have already installed the correct kernel from the op.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebel1699 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rebel1699 Ad-Free
23rd December 2012, 05:12 AM |#488  
Flag Boynton Beach, FL

More
Ok they boot up now but freezes a lot and is extremely slow guess it's the USB speed gonna have to get a new one . What's the best one i can get i ?, searched but some of the reviews are misleading .
23rd December 2012, 05:16 AM |#489  
Flag Oklahoma

More
Quote:

Ok they boot up now but freezes a lot and is extremely slow guess it's the USB speed gonna have to get a new one . What's the best one i can get i ?, searched but some of the reviews are misleading .

Tassadar posted a link quite a ways back to the one he bought. It was on ebay I think. Personally, I use an external hdd, which is super fast.

23rd December 2012, 05:21 AM |#490  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:

Go into recovery and got to advanced-multiboot-list roms, choose ubuntu "userdata" and inject current boot. Providing you have already installed the correct kernel from the op.

After listing roms and selecting Ubuntu my only options are rename, delete, and re-patch init.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
23rd December 2012, 05:28 AM |#491  
Flag Oklahoma

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiuk

After listing roms and selecting Ubuntu my only options are rename, delete, and re-patch init.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Go ahead and try repatching the init.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dualboot, multiboot, multirom, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)