Thanks Meter: 669

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th October 2012, 06:01 PM |#111  
OP Senior Member

More
New build coming right up!

I hate the way sensors work on Android, it's completely backwards.
25th October 2012, 06:25 PM |#112  
Same here..
Bought your app ages ago and am linked to your dropbox.
Have a hox as well...

Is the new beta on yr dropbox?
Cheers...

Edit

Never mind.. Found it on dropbox..

Haha, so does hox have a slow sensor? (read changelog... )

Sent from a tin of baked beans using some chewing gum, tinfoil, a string and a manual written by MacGyver.
25th October 2012, 06:29 PM |#113  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes it is. Going to upload it to the market now anyway, but only because I'm ultra busy and can't keep up with complaining HTC users.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
25th October 2012, 06:49 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Yes it is. Going to upload it to the market now anyway, but only because I'm ultra busy and can't keep up with complaining HTC users.

Promise I won't complain again if this build rocks
25th October 2012, 08:22 PM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Thumbs up
I don't know what exactly you have done to improve the situation, but:

It works! Hurray!

I will report back if I encounter any issues, but so far it's working great and I'm looking forward to enjoying the Lux AB greatness...
25th October 2012, 08:37 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I just purchased this app after using the free version for a few weeks, I think mainly because of the developer support that I have seen. I haven't figured the best settings to use yet. I'm using this on a GS3 and was wondering if anyone can recommend or share the settings they have been using.

Sent from my SCH-I535
26th October 2012, 12:48 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 287

More
In my experience 0.6x was giving me a better user experience than 0.7x, so I rolled back. The new settings such as in call brightness is coolvbut maybe made optional. I usually ser my screen to -17% and increase only at a lux of 500, so the first time seeing my screen went up to 80% scared me lol.

(I m using sg3 too. 0.7x behaved quite strangely so I rolled back.)

Thanks for the great apps! Minimum battery consumption and very practical!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
26th October 2012, 03:12 AM |#118  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2s

In my experience 0.6x was giving me a better user experience than 0.7x, so I rolled back. The new settings such as in call brightness is coolvbut maybe made optional. I usually ser my screen to -17% and increase only at a lux of 500, so the first time seeing my screen went up to 80% scared me lol.

(I m using sg3 too. 0.7x behaved quite strangely so I rolled back.)

Thanks for the great apps! Minimum battery consumption and very practical!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

All those issues are fixed now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
26th October 2012, 03:15 AM |#119  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p50kombi

Same here..
Never mind.. Found it on dropbox..

Haha, so does hox have a slow sensor? (read changelog... )

Problem is, I set the poll-rate to something relatively slow to save power, but this means that if the HOX changes light value between each poll, the onChange listener never triggers. It's completely stupid, and a core issue with how sensors work on Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
26th October 2012, 06:15 AM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
This is truly a fantastic app that does its job exceptionally well. Reading on my phone or tablet at night used to be terrible because I could not get the screen dark enough to be comfortable. This is so much better. It was really easy to learn as well. Brilliant idea to let users pick what they want the brightness to be, link it to the sensor reading, and then make a decision for values that haven't been explicitly set. Great concept, great execution and developer support, I absolutely love it. Very utilitarian app that should be a part of android.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to NukeFish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NukeFish Ad-Free
26th October 2012, 02:30 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sub Zero Issue
I linked a value so that anytime Lux reads 0 lx it sets to -40%. The problem is that about 90% of the apps on the phone then open up completely black. If the value is anything above sub-zero all programs work fine. I also noticed that the sub-zero issue only occurs when in portrait mode and if I flip the phone to landscape it goes away. I'm running a Rooted Stock Galaxy S3 on Verizon w/ Stock Launcher and the newest paid version of Lux on the market any idea what could be causing this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)