Allwinner Boxchip A10 10.2" Mini Netbook

414 posts
Thanks Meter: 136

Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2012, 05:25 PM |#11  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I have the Iberry 7inch TAB with SIM made in India. I have the latest IMG file from the the vendor on this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1993621

It may be of some help

/R
18th December 2012, 05:37 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nature Coast

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrajuu

I have the Iberry 7inch TAB with SIM made in India. I have the latest IMG file from the the vendor on this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1993621

It may be of some help

/R

I would not recommend trying to flash the Iberry AX03 image onto the Minibook, hardware specs are quite different.
19th December 2012, 09:41 AM |#13  
Flag Turku
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Ok, so I now got the PC recognizing the device when doing the special startup with holding down mouse2, pressing power button for two seconds and after that pressing powerbutton repeatedly, but I don't have usb drivers for it and the ones with livesuit don't work :E will try to locate some drivers before my friend comes to get it for himself to tinker with during the holidays :E

EDIT: got it working!! found the usb drivers and it upgraded from the image i had! the software model is SoftwinterEvbV13 so i think it's safe to assume this is indeed an allwinter tablet?

an archive with working livesuit and image included: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzN...nJVWHNuQURvTFU
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to labbe- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift labbe- Ad-Free
17th January 2013, 09:49 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up IT WORKS
THANKS LABBE IT WORKED MAN >>YOUR LINK IS REAL JUST WONDERING IF THRERE IS ANY OTHER ROM WE CAN TRY ON TBIS ONE>
1st February 2013, 09:00 AM |#15  
How are you connecting it via USB? My version dont have any kind of input USB, I had this laptop openned and there is free space with pinout, but without it. I also can't make it boot from SD. It does not have COM port, so I even can't connect console, to specify uBoot parametters. Any way to get linux running on it?
2nd March 2013, 04:56 PM |#16  
Flag Turku
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Re: Allwinner Boxchip A10 10.2" Mini Netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virnik0

How are you connecting it via USB? My version dont have any kind of input USB, I had this laptop openned and there is free space with pinout, but without it. I also can't make it boot from SD. It does not have COM port, so I even can't connect console, to specify uBoot parametters. Any way to get linux running on it?

i just used a cable with a normal usb connector on both ends when connecting it to my PC

Sent from my Nexus 4
4th June 2013, 06:05 PM |#17  
Flag montigny le bx 78
Thanks Meter: 2

More
yes i hav the same machine received today i want to set a linux distrib which one seems to be the best for you
dont hesiate to contact me jean.michel.78 at gmail.com
11th June 2013, 04:07 PM |#18  
Flag montigny le bx 78

More
i have also the same netbook i am sure it can boots from the sdcard but i have not succeeded yet
i will find a solution
i am sure it can boot because i have tried with an img the boot is unsuccessful but i have seen some logs on the sdcard
that make me hope . i keep you informed i am on gmail
20th June 2013, 10:00 PM |#19  
Flag montigny le bx 78

More
hello i have this netbook i have put linux linaro on it it works very well
i try to copy linaro on /dev/block/nandi but it is erased by /init.sun4i.rc
i wonder how this file is generated
contact me thanks
16th February 2017, 08:59 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nature Coast

Donate to Me
More
Reviving a very old thread., but it might come in handy for someone.

I just got this Netbook (OP) come back to life!!!
Steps:
1. download the SoftwinterEvbV13 zip from this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=13
2. Extract it
3. Make sure the Netbook is powered OFF. Remove back cover from the Netbook.
4. Insert USB A-to-A cable to Port #2, the closest on to the charging port; the other end insert to your (Windows) PC.
5. Open the LiveSuit tool and locate/select the (included) "suni4i_a10.img" (it's in the IMAGE folder).
6. Looking at the PC board in the picture of Post #7 https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...11&postcount=7 , there a are two SWITCHES,
marked "SW5" and "UBOOT".
7. Press and hold the "UBOOT" switch and press the "SW5". You should notice the power light should come on, also your PC should discover a new device.
Here, if your PC can't install the proper drivers, open up Device Manager, and manually install/update the driver from the UsbDriver folder.
8. At this point, if LiveSuit didn't recognize the Netbook, unplug the USB, and re-connect. LiveSuit will take over and flash the image.
9. Unplug USB and reboot the Netbook. Will take a while, might be on black screen for a bit, but eventually will boot to factory Android 4.0.3 ICS.
It worked for me.
Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to kozmo2k4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kozmo2k4 Ad-Free
8th January 2020, 09:19 PM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo2k4

Reviving a very old thread., but it might come in handy for someone.

I just got this Netbook (OP) come back to life!!!
Steps:
1. download the SoftwinterEvbV13 zip from this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=13
2. Extract it
3. Make sure the Netbook is powered OFF. Remove back cover from the Netbook.
4. Insert USB A-to-A cable to Port #2, the closest on to the charging port; the other end insert to your (Windows) PC.
5. Open the LiveSuit tool and locate/select the (included) "suni4i_a10.img" (it's in the IMAGE folder).
6. Looking at the PC board in the picture of Post #7 https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...11&postcount=7 , there a are two SWITCHES,
marked "SW5" and "UBOOT".
7. Press and hold the "UBOOT" switch and press the "SW5". You should notice the power light should come on, also your PC should discover a new device.
Here, if your PC can't install the proper drivers, open up Device Manager, and manually install/update the driver from the UsbDriver folder.
8. At this point, if LiveSuit didn't recognize the Netbook, unplug the USB, and re-connect. LiveSuit will take over and flash the image.
9. Unplug USB and reboot the Netbook. Will take a while, might be on black screen for a bit, but eventually will boot to factory Android 4.0.3 ICS.
It worked for me.
Good luck.

Thanks. The procedure works, but you can save yourself the trouble of dismantling/opening the netbook. It can be forced to boot to flashing mode via holding right mouse button, while powering on.

I am such a lucky guy
On Windows, drivers does not work. First I had to disable strict driver signature enforcement. Piece of cake. But then Windows says that the driver is not for my arch (using x86_64).

As I am more at home using Linux, I went that direction. After patching and then compiling awusb driver from sunxi,
I do detect the device and can see it in LiveSuite:
Quote:

[email protected]:~# lsmod | grep awusb
awusb 16384 0
[email protected]:~# modinfo awusb
filename: /lib/modules/4.18.0-25-generic/kernel/awusb.ko
license: GPL
description: AW USB driver
author: Jojo
srcversion: 974EDE0C0E5C6381375E075
alias: usb:v1F3ApEFE8d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
depends:
retpoline: Y
name: awusb
vermagic: 4.18.0-25-generic SMP mod_unload

[email protected]:~# dmesg | grep awusb
[21692.320991] awusb: v0.5:AW USB driver
[email protected]:~# lsusb | grep flash
Bus 003 Device 008: ID 1f3a:efe8 Onda (unverified) V972 tablet in flashing mode

But then LiveSuite tells me that the IMG is invalid. DAMN.... Any idea?
The Following User Says Thank You to Virnik0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Virnik0 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
10.2" netbook, allwinner a10, android netbook, boxchip a10, minibook

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)