Reviving a very old thread., but it might come in handy for someone.
I just got this Netbook (OP) come back to life!!!
1. download the SoftwinterEvbV13 zip from this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=13
2. Extract it
3. Make sure the Netbook is powered OFF. Remove back cover from the Netbook.
4. Insert USB A-to-A cable to Port #2, the closest on to the charging port; the other end insert to your (Windows) PC.
5. Open the LiveSuit tool and locate/select the (included) "suni4i_a10.img" (it's in the IMAGE folder).
6. Looking at the PC board in the picture of Post #7 https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...11&postcount=7 , there a are two SWITCHES,
marked "SW5" and "UBOOT".
7. Press and hold the "UBOOT" switch and press the "SW5". You should notice the power light should come on, also your PC should discover a new device.
Here, if your PC can't install the proper drivers, open up Device Manager, and manually install/update the driver from the UsbDriver folder.
8. At this point, if LiveSuit didn't recognize the Netbook, unplug the USB, and re-connect. LiveSuit will take over and flash the image.
9. Unplug USB and reboot the Netbook. Will take a while, might be on black screen for a bit, but eventually will boot to factory Android 4.0.3 ICS.
It worked for me.
I am such a lucky guy
On Windows, drivers does not work. First I had to disable strict driver signature enforcement. Piece of cake. But then Windows says that the driver is not for my arch (using x86_64).
As I am more at home using Linux, I went that direction. After patching and then compiling awusb driver from sunxi,
I do detect the device and can see it in LiveSuite:
[email protected]:~# lsmod | grep awusb
awusb 16384 0
[email protected]:~# modinfo awusb
description: AW USB driver
vermagic: 4.18.0-25-generic SMP mod_unload
[email protected]:~# dmesg | grep awusb
[21692.320991] awusb: v0.5:AW USB driver
[email protected]:~# lsusb | grep flash
Bus 003 Device 008: ID 1f3a:efe8 Onda (unverified) V972 tablet in flashing mode