(Testers Needed) EOS V1.0 Xoom4G (stingray4g) with working SMS/MMS

Search This thread
NOW WORKING

EOS V1.0 4G Xoom (Stingray4g) with SMS/MMS enabled

I decided to give it a go at getting SMS/MMS working on the Xoom (Stingray 4g) running ICS.

Prerequisites (You must have a Messaging Package with VZW)

Install Instructions

Download Zip here http://goo.gl/jQtQ3
Copy to SD
Boot in CWM Recovery
Wipe Data
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik Chache
Install Zip from SD
Enjoy!!!

(Flash at your own risk. I'd recommended backing up your current ROM before flashing)

Please let me know if you encounter bugs/glitchs and I'll do my best to work them out.

Credits:EOS (EOS V1.0 Stingray 4g)
Rivendel (SMS/MMS/SIP Hack)
Build Version with Messaging 02/08/2012 V.01

Last edited:
Reactions: dtrud0h

dtrud0h

Dec 11, 2011
Westport Island
No go for me.

Installed and tried it out. All messages end with "message not sent " code 97. I tried swapping the network pref. Lte/cdma to cdma with no luck. Also tried handcentnt and gosms no joy. Nothing incoming either.
I'm willing to test other options if you come up with something.

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
Same here. Even called Verizon to see about how my account was currently setup. No luck error 97 every time.

Please hit THANKS button if I help you, I have low very self esteem, and I crave validation! Sent from my Team EOS ICS Xoom

Installed and tried it out. All messages end with "message not sent " code 97. I tried swapping the network pref. Lte/cdma to cdma with no luck. Also tried handcentnt and gosms no joy. Nothing incoming either.
I'm willing to test other options if you come up with something.

When I used the SIM card for my Xoom, txts would not send (No SMS package on data plan) and code 97 would appear. However I used the SIM from both a Bionic and Razr with a texting plan and sent/received SMS/MMS and could place calls (with the dreaded bug of no voice).

monyozt

Mar 18, 2008
kudus
is this complitable for mz600?
NOW WORKING

I decided to give it a go at getting SMS/MMS working on the Xoom (Stingray 4g) running ICS.

Install Instructions

Copy to SD
Boot in CWM Recovery
Wipe Data
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik Chache
Install Zip from SD
Enjoy!!!

(Flash at your own risk. I'd recommended backing up your current ROM before flashing)

Please let me know if you encounter bugs/glitchs and I'll do my best to work them out.

dtrud0h

Dec 11, 2011
Westport Island
I'm no expert, but it should not hurt to try it if you have a backup.
Something I noticed this version though is that it contains many more files than the umts version. That kind of worries me, it almost seems as though the other version is a patch where this version looks more like an incomplete rom. The only .img in it is the boot .img but it contains a whole slew of files in the system/app folder.
Something an established packager might want to look at before too long to verify it's safety for general consumption. Not saying that I don't trust the OP, but it just doesn't add up when compared to the umts version.

oldmacnut

Jul 12, 2010
I tried this, and it did not work. I upgraded from a galaxy tab yesterday, and asked VZW tech support to make sure that my Texting plan would not get taken off.

According to the various techs I spoke with, including Motorola on this, is that VZW blocks ability to text on a system level. So their system wouldn't even allow adding texting to my plan for this device.

Motorola, well the hardware is there to text inside this tablet, its a VZW thing.

Im using Gvoice right now, and sms works, just no MMS right now. Voice calls work using gvoice as well, as a vzw tech inadvertently called my tablet's phone number, and it rang. :eek:

Im still working VZW on removing the block on my account for this device.

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
Same here. Even called Verizon to see about how my account was currently setup. No luck error 97 every time.

Please hit THANKS button if I help you, I have low very self esteem, and I crave validation! Sent from my Team EOS ICS Xoom

@brittoking

You know what? I think this is the best post you've ever done. And you know what?
You deserve it! [turns to his mirror] Because You're good enough, You're smart enough,
and, doggonit, people like you!

:D

Stuart Smalley - Daily Affirmations - YouTube

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOW WORKING

Install Instructions

Copy to SD
    Boot in CWM Recovery
    Wipe Data
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik Chache
    Install Zip from SD
    Enjoy!!!