[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Search This thread

truck110

Dec 31, 2011
New Yawk
Can I use this to downgrade

Hey guys. I realize this thread hasn't been active in a while but maybe someone can help me. I just got a note 2 and it has vpubmk4 on it. I tried to root it but im having security issues and super su just keeps being blocked. Will stock restore ma7 work coming from the my current build. I am trying not to brick this thing. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
If you use odin you can flash a recovery then in recovery flash mc2 stock with counter reset and you will be good.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

truck110

Dec 31, 2011
New Yawk
If you use odin you can flash a recovery then in recovery flash mc2 stock with counter reset and you will be good.

Hey thanks for the answer. The stock android recovery is still there, I never flashed cwm or twrp, I used cf auto root. Since the stock recovery is there, can I just use odin to flash the ma7? Sorry I should have been more clear in my first post. I'm not a total noob, but nevertheless, still a noob.

Ok update. Super Su updated and took care of my knox issue, so now I can go ahead and install twrp and flash a custom. I know this might be off point in this thread, but the whole reason I was trying to downgrade was to hopefully get qpst to read the the phone, It says the phone is there but wont access the efs. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it. Thanks again

Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
1. You can flash any recovery or rom, but you can not use odin to do this stock rom. It will try to change the bootloader and will fail.

2. For qpst. I cant help you there sorry but hopefully someone else can.

truck110

Dec 31, 2011
New Yawk
1. You can flash any recovery or rom, but you can not use odin to do this stock rom. It will try to change the bootloader and will fail.

2. For qpst. I cant help you there sorry but hopefully someone else can.

Ok thanks a bunch, the last thing I want to do is brick this. I tried installing an ma7 custom but it just has the same pubmk4 as the software version.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
No problem. I bricked mine the day the ota dropped but quickly found out that the stock mc2 and counter reset would work.

If you want the ma7 baseband just find the hurricane modem thread and use it. It actually has all of the modems for sprint in one convenient aroma install.

taller238

Oct 19, 2009
Flash MA7 failed: "SW REV. Invalid magic string."

I tried flash (from 4.4.2) the MA7 ROM found here:
http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.ph...Restore/Rooted

But when I tried to flash it using the ODIN, it failed with RED warning "SW REV. Invalid magic string."

I googled but no related clues.

Is the above place the right one where I shall get the MA7 ROM?

Now I cannot even enter the recovery.

Please advice.

Thanks.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I tried flash (from 4.4.2) the MA7 ROM found here:
http://www.rwilco12.com/downloads.ph...Restore/Rooted

But when I tried to flash it using the ODIN, it failed with RED warning "SW REV. Invalid magic string."

I googled but no related clues.

Is the above place the right one where I shall get the MA7 ROM?

Now I cannot even enter the recovery.

Please advice.

Thanks.

The issue is you cant downgrade bootloader through odin. You would need a modified tar that does not have the bootloader. Why exactly are you wanting to flash ma7? It is a very old release.

Sent from my XT1045 using XDA Free mobile app

taller238

Oct 19, 2009
Because I'm in process of Mod the SPH-L900 to be able to take GSM carriers like TMO/ATT
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=59026834#post59026834

And I was instructed to do MA7 since it appears to be the one contains all the modems, if I understand right.

The issue is you cant downgrade bootloader through odin. You would need a modified tar that does not have the bootloader. Why exactly are you wanting to flash ma7? It is a very old release.

Sent from my XT1045 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, since we haven't seen a full restore available for MA7 I'm going to do what I did with MA5 and make one clicks for all but the modem.
    If the situation changes I'll repost with new one clicks.

[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) - SXTP Developers

NOTE: THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE MAINTAINED ANY FURTHER BY OP AS IT HAS A MORE CURRENT VERSION AVAILABLE.
    PLEASE CONTACT IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES. THANK YOU.
    Last 2 OCs up. Glad to have this done...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I sympathise, but when dealing with technical stuff, the direct link isn't just for convenience of a direct download. It's really also a form of most accurate documentation. A link to a page that may have more than on link on it isn't as explicit as a link to a specific file. You could say "go here, scroll down to xx, look for the blue thing, it's the 2nd link thst says yyy" but the actual link is both more succcinct and impossible to screw up.

Ideally you should have both so the user can see the info about the file instead of just a file by itself as if it came from the air, so -just- the direct link isn't ideal either.

Lastly you can never control external links. Each person can still favorite the direct link and use it 50 times regardless if they are ever posted in posts. So if the metrics actually matter then you need to figure out a better metric solution. You can't control what happens out in the restvof the world. Maybe put some javascript in the page and change the download into a cgi that requires post data that only the page provides? Or actually, if the download were really a cgi then the direct link would be no problem any more, it could be counted just as well as the parent page.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I agree with you 100% on all accounts! However, setting up another metric system is beyond me and I haven't had the time to explore it at this point. :(

And although multiple people could use the direct links as a favorite or post it elsewhere it also helps if the people in our community don't post those links where thousands of people can do the same thing they did and further directly link to the files. I provide my site for all to use and have no problems sharing. I do however have a big warning in the threads themselves asking people not to use direct links. A little common courtesy/respect is all I ask for in exchange for my hosting the files. :)
    Separate Kernel tar is corrected.
    I'm rebuilding other TARs and OCs as we speak.
    TARs and respective MD5s are updated.
    OCs working on now. Hope I can get done in time.