NB4 OTA Help!

Search This thread

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
the NB4 build for the Note 3 was released near the end of February, but i still havent received the update on my Note 3.
I am on stock 4.3 (MJ5), unlocked with an Aio sim card (dont have access to an AT&T one).
If anyone has any ideas or can provide a way for me to update manually it would be much appreciated!:eek:

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
You will have to have an AT&T SIM to pull it OTA.

Or... I believe you can use Kies to get it as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
There is nothing good about Apple.

AT&T will probably not upgrade it. If you have a friend with a SIM from AT&T, just pop it in and you should be able to update.

aygriffith

Jan 1, 2011
Dallas, TX
There is nothing good about Apple.

AT&T will probably not upgrade it. If you have a friend with a SIM from AT&T, just pop it in and you should be able to update.

Shouldn't he get it since AIO is running on the AT&T network? I get all the AT&T N3 updates on my device using a Straight Talk AT&T sim card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
well i just tried to use my brother's AT&T sim (he has an HTC 8X, I think), my phone registered AT&T as network, still shows "Software is up to Date". I dont think the AT&T card is necessary, and sadly I can't get this update through Kies as its an OTA only. odin maybe?

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
contacted AT&T by phone, told me the latest was MJ5. Contacted AIO and they made a support. Sounds like its back to roms.....well at least safestrap "roms" not actual ones. Should I just root and get safestrap or wait it out for NB4? (if i should go the safestrap route, any good roms on 4.4?)

neoman4426

Nov 7, 2010
the NB4 build for the Note 3 was released near the end of February, but i still havent received the update on my Note 3.
I am on stock 4.3 (MJ5), unlocked with an Aio sim card (dont have access to an AT&T one).
If anyone has any ideas or can provide a way for me to update manually it would be much appreciated!:eek:

If you don't mind wiping your phone you can download the OTA file to your external SD, change the extension to .zip and flash it from recovery. Doing so that way will factory reset and wipe your internal storage, but it works. Whether or not it's worth the trouble of backing everything up then restoring it may or may not be another matter though.