Votes: 73 56.2%
  • Horrible :o

Votes: 17 13.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

pandaball

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
Since we cant dualboot decided to switch between CWM Backups switch between roms anyway my issue is i cant send files via bluetooth it says send but no notification pops up on the device im sending to. yes i cleared data cache dalvic etc , another thing it takes a long time before network service connects.

BB:21E

The boot time is only 8sec that is crazy lol vs stock 45sec

Will check the bluetooth problem. For network connection, are you using P920 or P925? As for bootup time, I know ;)

Shall cyanogen ever come with 3d included and if not wy?

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

It will not come with 3D until LG releases the Real3D framework source code because CM needs the source code in order to integrate it.

A few of my apps are failing to start but works on other roms really like the smoothness though great potential idk. If it matters but dungeon defender's is the main one xda is the other both of them worked on other roms but once this is fixxed it'll work awesome also launcher pro is suckish try Apex launcher for ICS. Launcher its great
Ofc all this is coming from someone who IS NOT a Dev just constructive criticism so pls dnt be offended
Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA

No offense taken ;)
For the apps not working, what do you mean? Does it start and crash or only crash after a while?

Last edited:
No like dungeon defenders says unknown error cannot download some file. And xda fails to log in and connect another thing I noticed but could just be where. I'm at is turn my phone to its side and signal reboots but keep in mind also I'm on the thrill 4g not sure if it makes a difference but figured it should be known

pandaball

Oct 18, 2011
No like dungeon defenders says unknown error cannot download some file. And xda fails to log in and connect another thing I noticed but could just be where. I'm at is turn my phone to its side and signal reboots but keep in mind also I'm on the thrill 4g not sure if it makes a difference but figured it should be known

Is it a wifi issue? Does browser work, or any app that can use wifi?

To all P925 owners: Please PM me if you have wifi issues, I'm making an entirely P925 based rom and need testers for it to see if it fixes the wifi problem.

pandaball

Oct 18, 2011
NA actually the wifi on your Rom works good it stalls on start then zooms off the stall seems to be regular maybe slight longer than normal but no complaints except the app issue which could always be the Apps dev

Perhaps, but yours is the first reported case so far... will have to look into it.

Shadowlord666

Feb 21, 2008
Hello,

when I use this ROM, I always lose the phone signal after a while. I can't make or receive calls then. This seems to happen more often after turing off Wifi, but sometimes the sinal is lost even when I do nothing with my phone at all. The only way to temporarily fix this is by restarting the phone.

Any way to fix this permanently?

FPtje

Aug 11, 2011
Google Pixel 8 Pro
My calendar app crashes immediately on startup. Sometimes I can see the main screen for a split second before it crashes. It always shows a window 'The application has stopped working'.

Syncing google calendar also fails. As soon as I turn calendar syncing on in the account settings, I see a crash screen for a split second.

I have a go calendar widget. It has no appointments in it, so the syncing does indeed fail. When I click the button to create an appointment, the activity strangely opens without crashing.

This is the first custom ROM on this phone. I had factory reset and cleared dalvik cache at least twice before flashing, 0 times after flashing.

To fix the issue I've tried to root uninstall the app and reinstall it, but it had no effect.

pandaball

Oct 18, 2011
My calendar app crashes immediately on startup. Sometimes I can see the main screen for a split second before it crashes. It always shows a window 'The application has stopped working'.

Syncing google calendar also fails. As soon as I turn calendar syncing on in the account settings, I see a crash screen for a split second.

I have a go calendar widget. It has no appointments in it, so the syncing does indeed fail. When I click the button to create an appointment, the activity strangely opens without crashing.

This is the first custom ROM on this phone. I had factory reset and cleared dalvik cache at least twice before flashing, 0 times after flashing.

To fix the issue I've tried to root uninstall the app and reinstall it, but it had no effect.

Try clearing the application data. If that fails, factory reset and wipe dalvik cache (factory reset clears cache but not dalvik). If that still fails, I would try uninstalling the Go calendar widget/app and using the stock calendar app. If that also fails, give me a heads' up ;)

Reactions: FPtje

FPtje

Aug 11, 2011
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Try clearing the application data. If that fails, factory reset and wipe dalvik cache (factory reset clears cache but not dalvik). If that still fails, I would try uninstalling the Go calendar widget/app and using the stock calendar app. If that also fails, give me a heads' up ;)
Of all those only the factory reset and reset dalvik cache worked. Thanks for the tip.

I found that as soon as I restore the application data from titanium backup, things start to crash on startup again (opera this time, haven't tested the calendar app.)

This is a bummer because now I'll take a lot longer to restore my apps and settings :/

EDIT:
I've factory reset my phone again, this time I restored the apps with Titanium Backup without restoring the data. Now none of my apps seem to crash. You might want to put a warning for this in the OP if this happens to other people as well :)

Last edited:

pandaball

Oct 18, 2011
Of all those only the factory reset and reset dalvik cache worked. Thanks for the tip.

I found that as soon as I restore the application data from titanium backup, things start to crash on startup again (opera this time, haven't tested the calendar app.)

This is a bummer because now I'll take a lot longer to restore my apps and settings :/

EDIT:
I've factory reset my phone again, this time I restored the apps with Titanium Backup without restoring the data. Now none of my apps seem to crash. You might want to put a warning for this in the OP if this happens to other people as well :)

Glad it worked for you :)
Added the warning in the 2nd post.

FPtje

Aug 11, 2011
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I also had this other problem with 3G.
Whenever I was on 3G, most internet requests wouldn't work. I think there was an error resolving the hostname, because opera always immediately opened the "couldn't load page" screen (without it waiting a long time).

The strange thing is that random sites worked while most others didn't.

This seems to have fixed it:
1. Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operators > *Select operator manually, in my case T-Mobile*
2. Reboot (hold power, press reboot)
3. Wait for it to boot, enter PIN, wait a few minutes
4. Test if internet works, if it does, stop this procedure.
5. Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operators > Select Automatically
6. Reboot

In short: Set the operator manually, reboot, set the operator to automatic again, reboot. Now all my sites seem to load without a hitch. Has anyone else had this problem? So far the problem occurred every time after a factory reset, I haven't used the phone for long enough to know if it happens after the above fix.

pandaball

Oct 18, 2011
I also had this other problem with 3G.
Whenever I was on 3G, most internet requests wouldn't work. I think there was an error resolving the hostname, because opera always immediately opened the "couldn't load page" screen (without it waiting a long time).

The strange thing is that random sites worked while most others didn't.

This seems to have fixed it:
1. Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operators > *Select operator manually, in my case T-Mobile*
2. Reboot (hold power, press reboot)
3. Wait for it to boot, enter PIN, wait a few minutes
4. Test if internet works, if it does, stop this procedure.
5. Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operators > Select Automatically
6. Reboot

In short: Set the operator manually, reboot, set the operator to automatic again, reboot. Now all my sites seem to load without a hitch. Has anyone else had this problem? So far the problem occurred every time after a factory reset, I haven't used the phone for long enough to know if it happens after the above fix.

I haven't had this problem, although I did set the DNS to Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and used the huge APN list from CyanogenMod. Whatever the case, will link your post in the second post :)

badaboem

Jan 18, 2009
Amsterdam
Ey pandaball whats up bro?
I got a question, is it possible to keep the original camera UI of the OD3 and use the 3d button as shutter?

Rampage771

Jun 19, 2011
Gillette
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Ok guys, I'm out of options, last night my phone was working fine for the most part, until i lost my signal, no problem right, until i cant fix it. I've tried everything I can think of, from changing the APN's to, restoring to a month ago, or data wipe/factory reset, but I can't get my signal back. A couple of times I would flash a different rom, and maybe get a signal, but no data, and then I would fix that and lose both. Please help me. Oh, i guess I should mention that I was on this rom with v20p when this happened.

pandaball

Oct 18, 2011
Sounds similar to my xda & dungeon defenders crashes I wonder if this would solve my problem too

Try it and see if it helps.

Ey pandaball whats up bro?
I got a question, is it possible to keep the original camera UI of the OD3 and use the 3d button as shutter?

Nope, can't keep the original UI since it requires 3D to function properly.
I tried changing the key layout, it didn't seem to work so afraid not.

Ok guys, I'm out of options, last night my phone was working fine for the most part, until i lost my signal, no problem right, until i cant fix it. I've tried everything I can think of, from changing the APN's to, restoring to a month ago, or data wipe/factory reset, but I can't get my signal back. A couple of times I would flash a different rom, and maybe get a signal, but no data, and then I would fix that and lose both. Please help me. Oh, i guess I should mention that I was on this rom with v20p when this happened.

Try flashing a v21E baseband. Or, I'm in the process of creating a version of this rom using p925 sources, pm me if you're interested in testing it for me on the v20p baseband since I'm in need of testers. Anyone with p925s can help :)

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

FPtje

Aug 11, 2011
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I downclocked to 800MhZ to save battery, and it's still against amazingly fast!

Hey how come the camera app has a 3D option? Starting the 3D camera actually switches the screen to 3D mode. Maybe, just maybe, I could make a 3D photo viewer if I know how cm sets the screen in 3D mode. In theory I just need to display the pixels differently, right?

I can't find the source of the 3D camera app, the one in cyanogenmod's github doesn't have any mention of the 3D camera. Do you know, panda, or need I ask Ricardo?

pandaball

Oct 18, 2011
I downclocked to 800MhZ to save battery, and it's still against amazingly fast!

Hey how come the camera app has a 3D option? Starting the 3D camera actually switches the screen to 3D mode. Maybe, just maybe, I could make a 3D photo viewer if I know how cm sets the screen in 3D mode. In theory I just need to display the pixels differently, right?

I can't find the source of the 3D camera app, the one in cyanogenmod's github doesn't have any mention of the 3D camera. Do you know, panda, or need I ask Ricardo?

The main reason why stock roms lag is due to terrible ram management rather than slow processors. The ram issue has been fixed here, so underclocking won't really affect speed.

As for the camera, yes, 3D camera works. 3D gallery however does not since it is under LG's proprietary Real3D framework, as such there's no source code for it available anywhere. The gallery in CM will display the 3D photo as two photos side by side.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts