[XAP] MyRingtone2SMS (0.1.1 - May 28, 2012)

Search This thread

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Read the portion of the first post under "requirements"? Silly question. If you are one of the lucky few with a full-unlock custom ROM on your Lumia 800, use the Root Manager or whatever its called to give the app root access. Otherwise, wait and hope for (or possibly try learning a bit about interop-unlock hacks and the WP7 permissions model and so forth, and start helping) somebody finding a way to root the Lumia 800 stock ROM (or possibly find another bootloader hack that allows flashing a custom ROM to it).

jonny4

Mar 23, 2011
I am curious what about these apps needs root access because no one has unlocked a wp8 device and I miss this app.

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
I am curious what about these apps needs root access because no one has unlocked a wp8 device and I miss this app.

Writing to the registry and writing to the /windows/ folder.

Basically what this app does is add an OEM Ringtone entry to the registry and pastes that file to the windows directory so the OS can find it.

RootKidMitch

Oct 13, 2008
ringtone-mp3s dont show up

Hello guys,
using the application on my HTC 7 Pro with Dynamics 7Pro 2.00 ROM with full unlock, I copied my ringtone MP3s to My Documents\My Ringtones and to \Ringtones via WP7 Root Tools.

The problem is that they don't show up in MyRingtone2SMS-Application. What should I do? What do I do wrong?

By the way, the ringtone files are small MP3-files that used to work as ringtones on my HD2, so nothing should be wrong with the files theirselves...

Thank you for your help!

jonny4

Mar 23, 2011
Hello guys,
using the application on my HTC 7 Pro with Dynamics 7Pro 2.00 ROM with full unlock, I copied my ringtone MP3s to My Documents\My Ringtones and to \Ringtones via WP7 Root Tools.

The problem is that they don't show up in MyRingtone2SMS-Application. What should I do? What do I do wrong?

By the way, the ringtone files are small MP3-files that used to work as ringtones on my HD2, so nothing should be wrong with the files theirselves...

Thank you for your help!

They need to be .wma files on Windows Phone 7. Convert them and you should be fine.

RootKidMitch

Oct 13, 2008
Thanks for the fast answer!

I converted it to wma1 and wma2 and copied all the files, including wav-files, to both paths - still not working... I even reinstalled the application - Nothing better...

In fact, the "CustomRingtone-PlaceHolder.mp3" shows up in the application. What to do?

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
This app requires the ringtone to be already installed. Use Zune to install the ringtone to your device. Double check if you can select it as a phone ringtone. As soon as that works, run myRingtone2sms and you can "copy" the phone ring to messages.

djfoxer

Dec 17, 2011
So even if I have Dev Unlock I can't do this on a Nokia Lumia 920?

MyRingtone2SMS uses WP7RootTools which has to be run with root access (you can add root access with only interop unlock using WP7RootTools), but... currently WP7RootTools runs only on WP7 devices... sorry

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello xda-developers community :)
    It's my first homebrew app, so be lenient, plz :p

What is MyRingtone2SMS?
    It's very simple app, but quite useful :)
    As we know it, Mango update added, among other things, possibility to add our ringtone, but only to incoming phone call.
    MyRingtone2SMS just adds missing feature - change SMS/Email/Voicemail alert tone :)

How it works?
    If you are using e.g. Free Ringtones app, it has ability to save ringtone ("Save Ringtone" window).
    Window Phone OS, store this files (ringtones) in "\My Documents\My Ringtones\".
    So, MyRingtone2SMS shows files (ringtones) from "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" and when you check the item, it appears in SMS/Email/Voicemail alert tone (in Settings).
    Thats all! Now it's easy to set our favorite sms alert tone (e.g. "Power Rangers" :p )

MyRingtone2SMS 0.1.1
    begin

New 0.1.1 version adds new features like changing alert characteristics! Now with MyRingtone2SMS u can change in SMS/Email/Voicemail:
    - ringtone length
    - ringtone volume
    - vibration length
    - vibration "position"
    - breaks
    This options are available in basic and advanced mode. In basic mode you just choose few options from menu or fill in textboxes. Advanced mode gives simple and powerful tool to customize your alert, like in Windows Mobile:
    cX- set volume to X in percentage max volume,
    pX- play ringtone for X seconds,
    vX- vibrate for X seconds,
    wX- wait for X seconds.

And also in 0.1.1: new WP7 Root Tools, new UI, check root access on startup, gives information about selected alert (small icons near ringtone name). More in changelog.

end

If u have any questions, suggestions, complaints, please write :) THX :)

MyRingtone2SMS - requirements
    MyRingtone2SMS uses Heathcliff74's WP7 Root Tools SDK, so your device has to have:
    - custom rom
    OR
    - installed WP7 Root Tools and has to be interop unlocked
    to add root access for MyRingtone2SMS

MyRingtone2SMS - changelog
    - first release

- added ringtones from "\My Documents\Ringtones\" (e.g. R1ng3d saves there)
    - detection of data inconsistencies - and possibility to fix it (MyRingtone2SMS will ask to delete corrupted registry values)

Short video of MyRingtone2SMS 0.0.2 from 1800pocketpc:

Description in Polish for version 0.0.1 and 0.0.2 (info w j.polskim, na blogu dobrychprogramów): MyRingtoneSMS - bo Microsoft zaspał

- SMS/Email/Voicemail customize options: ringtone length, ringtone volume, vibration length, vibration "position", breaks
    - edit alert with script (like in Windows Mobile)
    - basic and advanced mode
    - new UI
    - new WP7 Root Tools 0.2.1.0
    - gives information about selected alert (small icons near ringtone name)
    - improvements

Description in Polish for version 0.1.1 (info w j.polskim, na blogu dobrychprogramów): MyRingtone2SMS - kolejne szlify

If you like this app, you can DONATE ME :) (button "donate me" below my avatar). Thank You!!
    Hey great job on this!! IS it possible that you could make separate app, or add to your next release to where we are able to set the incoming calls vibrate duration time? Would really like to be able to set the calls vibrate duration to a longer time!! Thanks

Hi. Thx for feedback. I try to add it in new release :) I dont know when, because I have to change interface to be more user friendly.
    Ok :)
    I have a suggestion ...
    In next version, can you make a possible function to delete the keys in the list ??

In fact, i have download a ringtones in My Ringtones folder and it show in the list ! After, i have deleted this ringtones with WP7 Root Tools explorer and when i run MyRingtones2SMS, the ringtones is constantly in the list !!! If i click on, your app crash and closed ! ...

It is possible to delete the registry key and the ringtone directly with MyRingtones2SMS ?? :)

poloche,

Ok, I just try to fix it in next release. Thx for feedabck :)
    (check new version 0.0.2)
    MyRingtone2SMS 0.1.1

New 0.1.1 version adds new features like changing alert characteristics! Now with MyRingtone2SMS u can change in SMS/Email/Voicemail:
    - ringtone length
    - ringtone volume
    - vibration length
    - vibration "position"
    - breaks
    This options are available in basic and advanced mode. In basic mode you just choose few options from menu or fill in textboxes. Advanced mode gives simple and powerful tool to customize your alert, like in Windows Mobile:
    cX- set volume to X in percentage max volume,
    pX- play ringtone for X seconds,
    vX- vibrate for X seconds,
    wX- wait for X seconds.

And also in 0.1.1: new WP7 Root Tools, new UI, check root access on startup, gives information about selected alert (small icons near ringtone name).

More in first post!
    does anybody have the stock ringtones of sms and other stuff from Lumia 800 or 900? it would be nice i it be posted here as link... please

You can find it in Free Ringtones, try to search "Lumia".

on an Omnia interop unlocked-wp root tools runs ok- it exits with the message "app doesn't have root access, closing..." weird

Maybe you should re-enable root access or reinstall MyRingtone2SMS.

Yes,Thanks a lot.You can send the .resx file to my email.
    email:coolxap@live.com

Ok. Just give me time to finish new version, and after that I'll send you resx files. Thanks.

Mr. Magnificent update if you are a god and has no problem the application is highly customizable and intuitive, it lacks the Spanish language as other languages ​​but is also very easy to handle despite being in English.
    THANKS!!

You are welcome :) Maybe you want to translate to spanish, or I try to find someone to translate and attach it with new release. Thanks for feedback.