[MOD Request] - AOSP Emoticons

Search This thread

discstu37

Sep 13, 2010
Has anyone created a MOD, or know of a way, to replace the Sense emoticons with what you see in Hangouts, or the AOSP emoticons? I know this seems really trivial but really bugs me. :silly:

polaric

Oct 23, 2013
Mechanicsburg
play.google.com
Has anyone created a MOD, or know of a way, to replace the Sense emoticons with what you see in Hangouts, or the AOSP emoticons? I know this seems really trivial but really bugs me. :silly:

I'm just like you. Heres how you make it use the defaults.
You'll need to be able to write to /system, so use a custom rom or recovery.
Look in /system/fonts
You'll see android-emojii.ttf and android-emoti-htc.tff. The system is using the htc version. Simply swap the names so the regular one is named with the -htc and the one that was -htc is named regular, then reboot. Stock Emojiis.

ludeboy

Mar 12, 2007
Anyone know how to get the HTC ones over to AOSP? I tried copying the HTC file over and renaming but the emojis are in black and white.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

dunn816

Jul 14, 2013
pittsburgh
Look in /system/fonts
You'll see android-emojii.ttf and android-emoti-htc.tff. The system is using the htc version. Simply swap the names so the regular one is named with the -htc and the one that was -htc is named regular, then reboot. Stock Emojiis.
"androidemoji-htc.ttf cannot be renamed because the file system is read-only"? Im rooted s-offed and everything :confused:

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

"androidemoji-htc.ttf cannot be renamed because the file system is read-only"? Im rooted s-offed and everything :confused:

<<<<<DISREGARD>>> lol

polaric

Oct 23, 2013
Mechanicsburg
play.google.com

If your still running the stock rom the kernel has write protection. Use a custom ROM or recovery to do it.

Sent from my HTC One M8

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Anyone know how to get the HTC ones over to AOSP? I tried copying the HTC file over and renaming but the emojis are in black and white.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

If you want the HTC ones back, swap the filenames back again. All your doing is changing the font its using for emojiis.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Look in /system/fonts
    Perfect! Thanks so much. Working after a reboot. You saved (part of) my sanity!