[solved] htclinkifydispatcher.apk

Search This thread
Does this work with the latest update

I too noticed this got set back after the latest update. Tried applying the build.prop edits again and the App Associations menu is still there. I haven't seen an update around to do this under the latest 2.13 update. Anyone manage to get this working again under the latest 2.13 update?

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
I too noticed this got set back after the latest update. Tried applying the build.prop edits again and the App Associations menu is still there. I haven't seen an update around to do this under the latest 2.13 update. Anyone manage to get this working again under the latest 2.13 update?

No. Unfortunately.

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G LTE, On The Now Network From Sprint!

shakash3obd

Jan 16, 2009
Thank you very much guys,
I have HTC One X AT&T
what I did is the following and it works, now the youtube links prompt me for Open With options

I used Root Explorers to delete the HtcLinkifyDispatcher.apk and the HtcLinkifyDispatcher.odex files
from /system/app/

then I edited the build.prop file
in line 32
change it from
ro.da1.enable=true to ro.da1.enable=false
and right after this line I added
ro.da1.method=false

then towered the end of this file, I changed
ro.da1.enable=true to ro.da1.enable=false

then I shot down my device
power the device up and SWEET, it's working great.

Trahald

Feb 25, 2012
Hi guys, I have HTC One from TMOBUS and I am having same issue. My problem is, there is no HTCLinkify apk on my phone. I am rooted. Is there any other way to fix this problem?

Thanks!

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Hi guys, I have HTC One from TMOBUS and I am having same issue. My problem is, there is no HTCLinkify apk on my phone. I am rooted. Is there any other way to fix this problem?

Thanks!

First wrong forum. They only way to fix is to be rooted and edit the build.prop simple as that. No other way.

Sent from magical jelly bean.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i dont have a 4g lte yet but what ive done with the 3d is in

build.prop you will have this line
    ro.da1.enable=true

change to

ro.da1.enable=false

then add just below that this line

ro.da1.method=false
    I tried everything in smali and it would make one thing work and not another, this way allows all app associations and linkable to phone phone numbers. no smali edits allowed both.
    what this will do is make app associations act like they did in gb and remove the app associations in settings. no mods to the apk itself were needed and you need to leave htclinkifydispatcher in the rom.
    this only worked for me from a fresh boot, just adding it caused htc_linkify and facebook to FC. this worked for me in my Rom on the 3d hopefully it works for you guys here aswell.
    Thanks to steal25. Just change your build.prop to the following:

ro.da1.enable=true

change to

ro.da1.enable=false

then add just below that this line

ro.da1.method=false

Must be rooted/temp rooted. You do not need to be unlocked.

I used the program below to change the value only, didn't have to add a line, and it works for me. I also removed htclinkifydispatcher.apk and then rebooted (not just restart). Some users report a second ro.da1.enable that needs to be modified as well. Try looking at lines 20 and/or 302.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bwulfert.buildpropedit

I'm noob so please be patient.

With the apple patent our phones are not functioning the way we want them to due to HTCs inclusion of htclinkifydispatcher on our phones. I pulled it and decompiled it in case any devs know or want to go in and fix so we can get on with our (tech) lives.

I used the tools from here to decompile the ICS apk.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1558171

I just started programming so please be nice.
    When I first edited mine, I didn't see the one on line 20, only the one on line 302.

So, line 20 was set to true, while line 302 was set to false, and line 303 was the additional *method=false line. Upon reboot, there was no change.

I pulled the file off the phone and looked closely at it using a pc based text editor. Immediately found the first one (line 20). Now, I *THINK* the OS processes the first parameter and ignores future repeats of the same. So it saw line 20 as set to true, then ignored line 302.

In the end, I just deleted line 20 and left the other modifications (line 302/303, now 301/302), in place.
    How did you figure out what the purpose of this key was?

Is there a listing of what the various parameters in build.prop are for?

they are listed in the HtcAppAssociationsUtils.smali

.method private static isEnabledBySIE()Z
    .locals 6

const/4 v0, 0x1

:try_start_0
    const-string v3, "ro.da1.enable"

const/4 v4, 0x0

and

.method private static getEnableMethod()I
    .locals 6

const/4 v2, 0x1

:try_start_0
    const-string v3, "ro.da1.method"

const/4 v4, 0x0

disabling them there didnt work properly for me, so i tried it in build and it worked perfectly.

Appears to work the same as removing the APK. Youtube links work, but breaks clicking on phone numbers.

--Edit

A reboot and it looks to work. I can click on phone numbers, and youtube URL's ask what to open in. Great job.

so this is working for you guys just adding the entries? for me i had to add to my rom and flash, I was getting fcs just adding and rebooting, might be different being its a different phone

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

what do you mean by fresh boot?

Sorry meant to say from a fresh flash, but it seems its working just by adding for some.
    ill take a look

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Wonder If We For Example, Change This:
    Code:
    method public static getMailPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/lang/String;
        .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x[COLOR="Red"]2[/COLOR]

invoke-static {p0, v0}, Lcom/htc/HtcLinkifyDispatcher/HtcAppAssociationsUtils;->getPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;I)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v0

return-object v0
    .end method

To:
    Code:
    method public static getMailPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/lang/String;
        .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x[COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR]

invoke-static {p0, v0}, Lcom/htc/HtcLinkifyDispatcher/HtcAppAssociationsUtils;->getPreferredActivity(Landroid/content/Context;I)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v0

return-object v0
    .end method

If We Would Be Able To Disable The "Dispatcher" From Certain Apps Such As Email...

Anybody Up To Test This? I Can Post It Compiled... :eek:

Edit: Attached A Version W/ The Above Edits. Can Somebody Confirm Whether Email Link's Work Or Not Or Click A Link To A Video And Tell Me What Come's Of It???